What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.14 (and 384.13_2) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest version 384.14 is running very well on my AC86. Best of any version since 384.9 which was available when I bought this router. I have been up for almost six days without a spontaneous reset or need to reboot. Personal best for any AC86 I have had.

The Wifi issues I was experiencing running the Beta version have been resolved. Previously I was using channel 149 as this is what I have used on my prior ASUS routers without issue. Switched to 44 and none of my clients drop the connection. AP is now running on 149. (All recommended WiFi tweaks were in use on 149 and carried over to 44.) Can't figure out why the channel change made such a difference as none of the clients were more than 50' from the router and no more than one wall and there are fewer SSIDs showing up on 149 than 44.

Setup includes:

AiProtection (never had an issue with this on any ASUS router supporting.)
1 VPN server
2 Two VPN clients
3 Scripts:
Skynet
Connmon
scMerlin
spdMerlin

Thanks Merlin! Best wishes for the holidays.

AC68U.
I am having same errors "dst cache overflow" like in 384.13:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...13-is-now-available.57860/page-46#post-521603
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...13-is-now-available.57860/page-47#post-522373

The last "good" FW was 380.69_2:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...13-is-now-available.57860/page-49#post-524332

Any solutions ???

In 38.13 these "dst cache overflow" errors occured basically with uTorrent working.
Now in 384.14 to get these errors there is no need in uTorrent - you may use only Firefox browser ang get this deadly glitch.

Installed 384.12_2 on my AC87U and been having some really weird disconnection issues where my internet connection flakes out constantly so it is is unusable. Nothing shows up in the log that shows why it's disconnecting either.

Tried to trouble shoot it with reverting back to previous firmware (merlin and stock) and building up the settings from scratch each time. Nothing seems to be working, as each firmware has the same issue. I'm begining to think something happened on my isp side? But when I directly plug into the computer I don't have a disconnecting issue.

Eh I give up for now.

EDIT: Update, seems like it was a DNS issue causing this. Is there an easy way to flush the dns on the router? or does doing a factory reset already do this? I guess it was my machines that needed their dns cache to be flushed after disableing DNS orver TLS?

Had to do this on windows machine to get things working again:
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

Last edited:
Went from 384.13 to 384.14 with no issue during update. Noticed LED setting is not sticking anymore. Keep turning back on after any changes that require service restarts, or reboots.

An update and apology for misleading reports form me.

I was ocmplaining that 384.14 QoS seemed worse than earlier revisions.
It was because my FreshJR scripts turned out to be quite broken. Lots of errors showing up in the logs about improper use of the "rate" parameter. Uninstalled FreshJR and reinstalled and no errors, and QoS looks to be back to a functioning state.

Hi All,

802.3ad LACP - cannot be activate with synology DS918+

Didn't have problems to activate BOND LACP on the old RT-AC88U and I didn't change the Synology NAS model. Only Balanced SLB or Active/Backup Mode is working but none of this in 2GB connection bond. Somebody succeeded to activate 802.3as ?
Arthur,
Works for me, for FW 384.13, 384.14, 384.15 alpha1 and stock RT-AX88U_3.0.0.4_384_7968 in my environment, I am using RT-AX88U as my AiMesh Router with the Synology DS918+

My NAS was sleeping ... I just powered it up to see the following from my system log:
Code:
Dec 22 16:55:33 kernel: eth3 (Ext switch port: 2) (Logical Port: 10) (phyId: a) Link UP at 1000 mbps full duplex
Dec 22 16:55:33 kernel: eth4 (Ext switch port: 3) (Logical Port: 11) (phyId: b) Link UP at 1000 mbps full duplex
Dec 22 16:55:33 kernel: bond0: Warning: No 802.3ad response from the link partner for any adapters in the bond
Dec 22 16:55:33 kernel: br0: port 6(bond0) entered listening state
Dec 22 16:55:33 kernel: br0: port 6(bond0) entered listening state
Dec 22 16:55:33 kernel: bond0: link status definitely up for interface eth3, 1000 Mbps full duplex
Dec 22 16:55:33 kernel: bond0: first active interface up!
Dec 22 16:55:33 kernel: bond0: link status definitely up for interface eth4, 1000 Mbps full duplex
Dec 22 16:55:35 kernel: br0: port 6(bond0) entered learning state
Dec 22 16:55:37 kernel: br0: topology change detected, propagating
Dec 22 16:55:37 kernel: br0: port 6(bond0) entered forwarding state
Dec 22 16:55:39 BONDING: successfully

This is what I see on my Synology DS918+
Screenshot 2019-12-22 at 4.59.53 PM.png

Hope you get yours working.

PS: For my case I normally will do a Factory Reset on my Router with each new Firmware Version I used.

Hi! Last week I replace my old router with a new RT-AX88U and then update to last AsusWRT Merlin ; I have 2 big problem :
  • some devices on WiFi 2.4G, if I try to connect, show me " password is not correct "....but the password is correct....if I try to connect to WiFi 5G, I not have problem
  • on Traffic Analyzer , on Traffic Monitor works only "real-time " tab. "Last 24 hour, Daily and Monthly not working, are empty! With Statistic , works fine Daily,Weekly and Monthly ;)

Went from 384.13 to 384.14 with no issue during update. Noticed LED setting is not sticking anymore. Keep turning back on after any changes that require service restarts, or reboots.

Hiding the fact you are running an illegal firmware on an unsupported model won't get you any support...

Hello guys!
I have a brand new rt-AX88U and i need your help. I have latest Merlin FW and i noticed that my sister's phone (Huawei P9) keeps dropping connection - like every 10 seconds or less. I did all possible, went through all suggestions could find on internet, but it keeps happening. It must be something in a phone rt-ax88 combo, since it doesn't happen when phone is connected to my other router (rt-ac87), set up as access point. And, it happens ONLY with this phone. Other wireless devices are fine.
Attached picture shows situation - note that phone was NOT in use at that time, it was 3-5m from router on the table. When in use, phone occasionally reports that " it switched to mobile data" (which prooves that it was indeed disconnected from wifi for a moment).

Does anyone has a suggestion what could be wrong? I did a "reset network settings" on Huawei phone, doesn't help.

Attachments

• asus_auth.jpg
    asus_auth.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 328
Did your sister really lose the connection or it's just because you see spam in the logs.?
I have the same thing that happens with an NVshield, but if you notice, everything happens in the same second (auth, dauth, auth,...). I watch streaming on netflix and on youtube with my box without any interruptions, even if these messages spam the log history

Does anyone has a suggestion what could be wrong? I did a "reset network settings" on Huawei phone, doesn't help.

Try using different SSIDs for the two bands, in case the phone is simply constantly bouncing between both.

@Sanna1967: i think it does loose it, because phone occasionally reports that it switched to mobile data. I can try to disable mobile data and do some streaming to see if really loose connection.

@RMerlin: i tried to block one and then other band (with MAC reject filter), but entries are still in log. They only dissapear when i rejected this mac address on both bands (of course...). I can change SSID's, just to be sure, thanks for suggestion. Currently i use smart connection, but i turned it off already, but still happens...

Currently my sister went away with a friend, so i'm stuck until she's back...

No, IPv6 is disabled. But now i shut down smart connect again and i set 2.4GHz band to fixed 40MHz (from 20/40) and 5GHz to fixed 80GHz (from 20/40/80). Will see now... Maybe router constantly changes band from 20 to 40 or vice versa...? - i wonder, do clients disconnect when rotuer changes bandwidth?

And i'll ask her to reboot phone. I reset network connections, but i admit that i didn't think to reboot the phone...

Hiding the fact you are running an illegal firmware on an unsupported model won't get you any support...

First, I’m not trying to hide a thing. I’m running on an R7000 but have my mom on a 68u which is supported. I haven’t had a chance to get her router updated yet. Should I have prefaced my question by asking if it’s happening on ASUS routers?

Plus, if you hadn’t done such a great job, I wouldn’t have been so tempted to put the fork on mine. ;)

Last edited:
First, I’m not trying to hide a thing. I’m running on an R7000 but have my mom on a 68u which is supported. I haven’t had a chance to get her router updated yet. Should I have prefaced my question by asking if it’s happening on ASUS routers?

You asked the exact same question in an XVortex support thread, hence I believe your issue is with your hacked router.

Plus, if you hadn’t done such a great job, I wouldn’t have been so tempted to put the fork on mine.

Doesn't matter, it's still illegal, as it violates various licences. Xvortex himself is ignoring my GPL licence by refusing to publish his source code.

You asked the exact same question in an XVortex support thread, hence I believe your issue is with your hacked router.

Doesn't matter, it's still illegal, as it violates various licences. Xvortex himself is ignoring my GPL licence by refusing to publish his source code.

Acknowledged (just read the twitter thread). I wasn’t fully aware of the situation, and thought the proprietary stuff remained that (just points to your source code). Guess that also makes up my mind on going with ASUS on my upgrade.

I’ll get things updated on the ASUS router and report back if I notice the same issue.

Getting this on 14 had no issues on 13

Dec 22 22:52:54 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(401): eth3: Disassoc 84:55:A5:67:62:CB, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8)
Dec 22 22:52:54 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(420): eth1: Auth 84:55:A5:67:62:CB, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Dec 22 22:52:54 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(449): eth1: Assoc 84:55:A5:67:62:CB, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Dec 22 22:52:54 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(401): eth1: Disassoc 84:55:A5:67:62:CB, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8)
Dec 22 22:52:58 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(420): eth1: Auth 84:55:A5:67:62:CB, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Dec 22 22:52:58 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(449): eth1: Assoc 84:55:A5:67:62:CB, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)

Log was full full just cut a clip
Any ideas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!