What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.17 (and 384.13_8) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@wizin does it work without the VPN?

No, thats the whole thing - works with VPN, not without it - but now, I am stuck coz I factory reset the roku and it cannot go past network settings

OK, so I formatted the USB in my router which got rid of diversion and skynet - I am gonna reinstgall but what setting in them screwed up roku?

Do the reinstall slow and easy and take notes and test at each step. Then you'll know. (If it was Diversion or Skynet at all). :)

Please correct time zones.
upload_2020-5-10_11-59-15.png

For example, Novosibirsk has the wrong time zone.

upload_2020-5-10_12-0-10.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-10_11-58-4.png
    upload_2020-5-10_11-58-4.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 159
  • upload_2020-5-10_11-59-41.png
    upload_2020-5-10_11-59-41.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 164
Do the reinstall slow and easy and take notes and test at each step. Then you'll know. (If it was Diversion or Skynet at all). :)

After reformatting aka no diversion and skynet - it worked right away
I installed diversion - no issues
I installed skynet - installed but got these errors

New Version Detected - Updating To (d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e)
Saving Changes
Unloading Skynet Components
[*] Updating chart.js Failed
[*] Updating chartjs-plugin-zoom.js Failed
[*] Updating hammerjs.js Failed
[*] Updating skynet.asp Failed

and I found all was very slow as well

I then found

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/amtm-the-asuswrt-merlin-terminal-menu.42415/page-102#post-5749

I did try changing it to Google DNS orginally which didn't fix but the above user tried cloudfare one

Since I was gonna try a new DNS, I inserted custom Ad-Block DNS offered by my VPN Torguard, once I did that then the updated went fine and everything was speedy gonsales

Hello Merlin
reporting from ax56u with this build 384.17 my qos seems not working, I cant set adaptive manual bandwidth. ex: I set it to 10/10 but when I go for speedtest it went to the max bw as possible causin buffer bloat on the network.

second problem I've found is classification tab under qos isn't working all the number shows "0"

and I cant use freshjr script it when I set the manual bandwidth it shows "no modification necessary" in the log

now I'm tryin to downgrade my firmware

thanks in advance

Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG

No, thats the whole thing - works with VPN, not without it - but now, I am stuck coz I factory reset the roku and it cannot go past network settings

Just wondering have you ever had issues with netflix going down, error etc and to get it working you had to restart your streaming device...torguard user myself, just got device traffic tunnelled through vpn?

Thanks

@wizin are you formatting the USB drive as NTFS before inserting it back into the freshly reset router?

Are you formatting the JFFS partition on the next boot too? (And of course, rebooting 3 times in the next 15 minutes after hitting 'Apply' at the bottom of that page)?

Are you waiting for a good 10 minutes or more after the router has rebooted before going in and changing settings in the GUI or via amtm/ssh?

HTTSSH. :)

Hello Merlin
reporting from ax56u with this build 384.17 my qos seems not working, I cant set adaptive manual bandwidth. ex: I set it to 10/10 but when I go for speedtest it went to the max bw as possible causin buffer bloat on the network.

second problem I've found is classification tab under qos isn't working all the number shows "0"

and I cant use freshjr script it when I set the manual bandwidth it shows "no modification necessary" in the log

now I'm tryin to downgrade my firmware

thanks in advance

View attachment 23383 View attachment 23384

Downgrading won't help you. This has been reported multiple times alread. Any fix related to the Trend Micro engine will have to come from Asus - stock firmware has the same issue.

@wizin are you formatting the USB drive as NTFS before inserting it back into the freshly reset router?

Are you formatting the JFFS partition on the next boot too? (And of course, rebooting 3 times in the next 15 minutes after hitting 'Apply' at the bottom of that page)?

Are you waiting for a good 10 minutes or more after the router has rebooted before going in and changing settings in the GUI or via amtm/ssh?

HTTSSH. :)

The USB was already in ext 4 which was in it, I reformatted from amtm, didnt do as NTFS
I did not format JFFS, I didnt need to

No to the wait game

But will keep ur post handy for next time

Just wondering have you ever had issues with netflix going down, error etc and to get it working you had to restart your streaming device...torguard user myself, just got device traffic tunnelled through vpn?

Thanks

No issues with Netflix ever really

I have been 24 hours on a dirty flash to RT-AC5300 and it has been fine

Update 2.4G Auto channel may not be working correctly on RT-AC5300. Tried it again tonight without a reboot and lost most 2.4 clients. Had to go back to manual channel. Does anyone on this router have 2.4 Auto channel working?
Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi, I have currently 384.5 Merlin running, It is big leap to 384.17. What method should I follow to successfully update it. (clear nvram) Thanks

Update 2.4G Auto channel may not be working correctly on RT-AC5300. Tried it again tonight without a reboot and lost most 2.4 clients. Had to go back to manual channel. Does anyone on this router have 2.4 Auto channel working?
Any ideas?

Thanks
Mine has been working since the update dropped. Occasionally, I will show a Wyze cam unavailable in the Android app; but the cam remains available if selected. A router reboot sets the app right.
Otherwise, flawless WiFi operation on my auto 2.4 band...

Mine has been working since the update dropped. Occasionally, I will show a Wyze cam unavailable in the Android app; but the cam remains available if selected. A router reboot sets the app right.
Otherwise, flawless WiFi operation on my auto 2.4 band...
Thanks for letting me know. Can you share your 2.4 wifi settings on your RT-AC5300. My Wemo's are not playing nice. Also when you do a change on your 2.4 wifi settings does it require a reboot to take effect?

Thanks

Anyone knows what these for ?

kernel: SHN Release Version: 2.0.1
kernel: UDB Core Version: 0.2.18
kernel: sizeof forward pkt param =

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!