What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.17 (and 384.13_8) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone knows what these for ?

kernel: SHN Release Version: 2.0.1
kernel: UDB Core Version: 0.2.18
kernel: sizeof forward pkt param =

Trend Micro DPI engine.

does it force to update even if AiProtection is off ?

The engine itself does not get updated, only signature files. The engine is part of the firmware.

Manually set channel and Channel Bandwith. Turn Off Beam Forming and TX Bursting. There is not much else you need to know or share.

Test each setting, wright it down. Test it again, wright it down. Just like 8th grade science class. Process of elimination.

Other settings, have a specific role, you can google exact information on all of them.

But if your speeds have tanked, then there is a bigger issue. Like corrupted firmware or corrupted setting/s. So you have to redownload the firmware, re-flash, reset, re-flash again. Do it again few more times. Use Firmware recovery tool.

There is no easy answer in some cases.
Thanks for your answer

Hi, AC86U here.
Last month I dirty flashed like I usually do a couple of versions after a long while, and I started noticing frequent internet outages on wifi (both 2.4 or 5ghz) on most of my devices, but could not reproduce a pattern.
Initially I thought it was my internet provider unable to cope with the sudden amount of home office (including me), but it was becoming unacceptable, so I considered the possibility that the router was the problem, perhaps due to the updates.
And indeed going back release by release, it works perfectly as before on 384.13.
Is there any known issue of this kind in newer versions?
I would do a clean flash if it is known, otherwise I would stay on the old version (despite missing security patches).
Could it be the same thing I'm seeing? https://www.snbforums.com/threads/5g-network-crashing-on-an-ac86u.63994/

I've been using merlin since 384.8 with regular updates until now. As always working perfectly. I unfortunately am waiting for the "Continuous Mode" DHCP implementation, which i believe is available official firmware versions (via telnet) post 3.0.0.4.384.81858. From other threads it looks like this isn't implemented in Merlin yet - just wanted to double check it isn't in 384.17 (even via telnet).

Thanks.

I've been using merlin since 384.8 with regular updates until now. As always working perfectly. I unfortunately am waiting for the "Continuous Mode" DHCP implementation, which i believe is available official firmware versions (via telnet) post 3.0.0.4.384.81858. From other threads it looks like this isn't implemented in Merlin yet - just wanted to double check it isn't in 384.17 (even via telnet).

Thanks.
It is..flash back to stock 81858 (Wifi performance is awesome) to use the feauture..i did from merlin 384.12 and who knows when gpl will be released by asus.

It is..flash back to stock 81858 (Wifi performance is awesome) to use the feauture..i did from merlin 384.12 and who knows when gpl will be released by asus.
Thanks. Just to be clear: It is in 81858, but isn't in Merlin 384.8? (until GPL released and implemented).

I think i'll need to return to stock for now, rather than hard reset every couple of days.

Thanks again.

Thanks.
It works on Merlin aslo in using it, contious mode will be an option in the firmware eventually at the moment it's just a set of commands and a reboot.

It works on Merlin aslo in using it, contious mode will be an option in the firmware eventually at the moment it's just a set of commands and a reboot.
Hi Vexira,

This is exactly what i wanted to know. I assume this is the same Telnet commands i have for the stock firmware? I've just loaded the stock, but I'll load Merlin again and check..

Thanks!

Hi Vexira,

This is exactly what i wanted to know. I assume this is the same Telnet commands i have for the stock firmware? I've just loaded the stock, but I'll load Merlin again and check..

Thanks!
yes that is correct just execute them in order

Hi,

AC68U router + AC68U MB (Media Bridge) here.

Previously had issues with 384.16 on MB mode and had to go back.

Updated to 384.17, did a factory reset and reconfigured from scratch. After several days it started happened again:

Code:
May 14 09:17:07 wsdd2[6757]: error: wsdd-mcast-v4: wsd_send_soap_msg: send
May 14 09:17:17 wsdd2[6757]: Terminated received.
May 14 09:17:18 kernel: gro disabled
May 14 09:17:42 kernel: gro enabled with interval 2
May 14 10:16:33 kernel: Interface wl1.1 doesn't exist
May 14 10:16:33 kernel: Interface wl1.4 doesn't exist
May 14 10:16:33 kernel: Interface wl1.2 doesn't exist
May 14 10:16:33 kernel: Interface wl1.3 doesn't exist
May 14 10:16:34 wsdd2[6863]: Terminated received.
May 14 10:16:36 kernel: gro disabled
May 14 10:16:59 kernel: gro enabled with interval 2
May 14 10:17:01 wsdd2[10639]: error: wsdd-mcast-v4: wsd_send_soap_msg: send
May 14 10:17:14 wsdd2[10639]: Terminated received.
May 14 10:17:15 kernel: Interface wl1.1 doesn't exist
May 14 10:17:16 kernel: gro disabled
May 14 10:17:17 kernel: Interface wl1.1 doesn't exist
May 14 10:17:40 kernel: gro enabled with interval 2
May 14 11:16:32 kernel: Interface wl1.3 doesn't exist
May 14 11:16:32 kernel: Interface wl1.2 doesn't exist
May 14 11:16:32 kernel: Interface wl1.1 doesn't exist
May 14 11:16:32 kernel: Interface wl1.4 doesn't exist
May 14 11:16:32 wsdd2[10784]: Terminated received.
May 14 11:16:33 kernel: gro disabled
May 14 11:16:57 kernel: gro enabled with interval 2
May 14 11:17:00 wsdd2[14549]: error: wsdd-mcast-v4: wsd_send_soap_msg: send
May 14 11:17:11 wsdd2[14549]: Terminated received.
May 14 11:17:13 kernel: gro disabled
May 14 11:17:37 kernel: gro enabled with interval 2

Those error: wsdd-mcast-v4: only shows up on the MB, never on the router. Sometimes this reset is very fast and connections holds, but normally it breaks connection for several seconds. Sometimes, it also seems to be periodically somehow, with an exact hour between events.

Any ideas?

Thanx.

Regards.

yes that is correct just execute them in order

I am curious, if you would, please share

EDIT: I found on another post. I would have loved to have this when I had my 68U. I had this issue often using my ISP's wide area radio receiver. One day, I just could not get it to recover hence the upgrade to the 86U. Now the 68U is connected to my 86U as my test router and works perfectly (without this mod).

Last edited:
Hi just wanted to chime in a a bug that i found doing what another user called "Dual WAN Double NAT WAN Aggregation". Looks like the Internet Traffic is reporting half the actual speed in the routers home page, which I suspect is due to running dual wan. Not sure how the numbers are calculated if it uses the bridge between the two wan ports or something else.

I am downloading at 940Mbit max 1gig link and the chart shows ~60MB/s

edit: Actually I can confirm that this works only half the time making me conclude the internet traffic monitor is for the Default WAN port.

Test method, i would use https://turnkeyinternet.net/speed-test/ and start a 10gb download. I would get correct reported numbers with one run, and doing a second run, nothing will show up because its running on WAN2(lan1) because of the load balancing 1:1 split.

Last edited:
Took a new AC86U and put .17 on it. Admin web server crashed about 12 hours later, had to reboot the router through a power cycle to restore it.

@hanmaan, did you do a full reset to factory defaults after flashing to RMerlin? Did you use a saved backup config file to configure it?

@hanmaan, did you do a full reset to factory defaults after flashing to RMerlin? Did you use a saved backup config file to configure it?
I went thru the initial setup of the router, setting the admin login, wifi password and changed the IP range to 192.168.2.XXX. Flashed to Merlin after getting to the admin site. Then set WAN setting to PPPoE.

I went thru the initial setup of the router, setting the admin login, wifi password and changed the IP range to 192.168.2.XXX. Flashed to Merlin after getting to the admin site. Then set WAN setting to PPPoE.

You need to factory reset the router after installing the new firmware so that you start fresh with the new firmware's settings and default config.

With UPnP enabled (secure mode also enabled) , I am getting those errors\failures :

Code:
 miniupnpd[27987]: Failed to remove PCP mapping internal port 5536, protocol TCP
 miniupnpd[27987]: Failed to remove PCP mapping internal port 5536, protocol UDP
 miniupnpd[27987]: Unauthorized to remove PCP mapping internal port 5536, protocol TCP
 miniupnpd[27987]: Unauthorized to remove PCP mapping internal port 5536, protocol UDP
 miniupnpd[27987]: Unauthorized to remove PCP mapping internal port 34349, protocol TCP
 miniupnpd[27987]: Unauthorized to remove PCP mapping internal port 34349, protocol UDP
 miniupnpd[27987]: Failed to remove PCP mapping internal port 21628, protocol TCP
 miniupnpd[27987]: Failed to remove PCP mapping internal port 21628, protocol UDP
did you mange to find the root for the error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!