What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.17 (and 384.13_8) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feature suggestion: is it possible to give the possibility to export the actual configuration of each openvpn CLIENT in a .ovpn client?

And also I don't know if that's possible, but if it was possibly to export also on the same file the policy rules it would be perfect.
As a temporary solution, see if you can find what you're looking for in /etc/openvpn (enable SSH on the router and connect using WinSCP software)

As a temporary solution, see if you can find what you're looking for in /etc/openvpn (enable SSH on the router and connect using WinSCP software)
That did the trick! There's a ovpn file! Thanks
Just one question: if I user both -ncp-ciphers and -chiper at the same time, will the software use ONLY the -cipher or is there any scope and software first try to use one of the ncp-ciphers?

Hello there, it seems that since 384.16 my DNS Filter is no longer working. Can anyone verify this or is it just a glitch on my end?

RT-AC3100

Last edited:
Hi, just a note to say there seems to be a bug on the WiFi screen, where the SSID is overwritten on screen load with the word 'Asus'. If you undertake changes and forget to undo the auto population, the SSID changes to Asus and you break all client connections.

RT-AC88U - v384.14_0

https://paste.pics/8TVLD

Hi, just a note to say there seems to be a bug on the WiFi screen, where the SSID is overwritten on screen load with the word 'Asus'. If you undertake changes and forget to undo the auto population, the SSID changes to Asus and you break all client connections.

RT-AC88U - v384.14_0

https://paste.pics/8TVLD

Thats not a firmware issue, its a browser issue. Turn off autofill for that page.

Thats not a firmware issue, its a browser issue. Turn off autofill for that page.
Good shout ! I had a password manager enabled in the browser, it was targeting the username into that field. Not sure why it was detecting it as a username field however.
So disabling auto fill fixed it.

With UPnP enabled (secure mode also enabled) , I am getting those errors\failures :

Code:
 miniupnpd[27987]: Failed to remove PCP mapping internal port 5536, protocol TCP
 miniupnpd[27987]: Failed to remove PCP mapping internal port 5536, protocol UDP
 miniupnpd[27987]: Unauthorized to remove PCP mapping internal port 5536, protocol TCP
 miniupnpd[27987]: Unauthorized to remove PCP mapping internal port 5536, protocol UDP
 miniupnpd[27987]: Unauthorized to remove PCP mapping internal port 34349, protocol TCP
 miniupnpd[27987]: Unauthorized to remove PCP mapping internal port 34349, protocol UDP
 miniupnpd[27987]: Failed to remove PCP mapping internal port 21628, protocol TCP
 miniupnpd[27987]: Failed to remove PCP mapping internal port 21628, protocol UDP

New around here. Updated AX-88U to 384.17 works nicely. Got AMTM with diversion, skynet, coomon & speed tests and love it.
Some minor WiFi disconnect issues to which I have not found clear answers searching forums or twitter, hope I can resolve them one day, do not appear to impact performance.

New around here. Updated AX-88U to 384.17 works nicely. Got AMTM with diversion, skynet, coomon & speed tests and love it.
Welcome to the party pal!

Reactions: a5m
Welcome to the party pal!
Cheers. Tinkering with certs using XCA tool right now so browsers finally start trusting my local router. I can see you have nptMerlin installed. I could not easily find a benefit above NTP service available via Administration / System / Basic Configuration. Would you care to share a link outlining why it is worth installing ntpMerlin? I thought it is some sort of legacy, perhaps local NTP was not avail via WebUI before...

Dirty upgrade on my RT-AC68U from 384.15 48 hours ago - all working fine (basic configuration with FreshJR for Adaptive QoS and one VPN client setup). Thank you!

Reactions: a5m
That did the trick! There's a ovpn file! Thanks
Just one question: if I user both -ncp-ciphers and -chiper at the same time, will the software use ONLY the -cipher or is there any scope and software first try to use one of the ncp-ciphers?
I'm sorry but I don't know, I'm decently adept at linux file systems but the finer workings of OpenVPN elude me. Anyone able to answer this question?

Feature suggestion: is it possible to give the possibility to export the actual configuration of each openvpn CLIENT in a .ovpn client?

I see no point in this. You can however manually retrieve the generated config file (while the client is connected) from /etc/openvpn/ .

And also I don't know if that's possible, but if it was possibly to export also on the same file the policy rules it would be perfect.

Not possible, because that information isn't stored in a file. It gets dynamically applied to the routing table out of the nvram setting (which is not in a human readable format).

Would you care to share a link outlining why it is worth installing ntpMerlin? I thought it is some sort of legacy, perhaps local NTP was not avail via WebUI before...

It is my understanding that using the ntpMerlin script gives you a little more control over the ntp servers that you are using and how they are used. It also adds fancy graphs to show how the ntp is performing.

All the information you want and more is available here:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/ntpmerlin-ntp-daemon-for-asuswrt-merlin.55756

In the Wireless Log page, suggest to put Wireless 5 GHz section on top, and Wireless 2.4 GHz section below.

This is because nowadays there are more 5 GHz connections than 2.4 GHz connections.

This can reduce some screen scrolling needed to see the list of 5 GHz when the list becomes long.

I see no point in this. You can however manually retrieve the generated config file (while the client is connected) from /etc/openvpn/

what ssh commands would I need to use to do this?

what ssh commands would I need to use to do this?
If you are on windows, you could try WinSCP to access the router's storage, and copy the files whereever you want to.

In the Wireless Log page, suggest to put Wireless 5 GHz section on top, and Wireless 2.4 GHz section below.

This is because nowadays there are more 5 GHz connections than 2.4 GHz connections.

This can reduce some screen scrolling needed to see the list of 5 GHz when the list becomes long.

This is not true for everyone. I have 21 wireless devices connected, 10 of these are on 2.4G.

Hi, great work as usual. AX88U. Dirty upgrade from 384.15
1 small issue. In traffic Analyzer | Traffic Monitor| Wired Tab. The traffic graph does not seem to reflect what is actually happening on my wired network. (see below). Do you think a factory reset followed by a restore configuration is in order?
Thanks
upload_2020-5-1_9-41-4.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!