What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.6 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@RMerlin My load averages on AC86U is constantly above 3, is it normal for that router?

Load average: 3.50 3.34 3.42

I guess this figure should be divided by 100 to follow the normal Linux figure showing the times where 1.00 means fully loaded without idle and more than that means overloaded.

I have login the system using ssh and use "top" command to view the detail. CPU idle is around 97%, and the load average shown in /proc/loadavg (which is as displayed in the web gui) is around 3.xx which shows it is referring to 3.xx% instead of 3.xx times overloaded.

If you go to System Map > Network Status > Status, it shows the correct percentage.

So, no need to worry when it show 3.xx. Only need to worry when it is above 100.xx.

Thanks, when you have time can you please give a detailed reply that why you consider it normal?

As far as I know 86U has a dual core CPU.
would this make feel you happier?
upload_2018-10-2_17-23-48.png

This is single moment snapshot in AP mode ... FORGET IT !
Your PC with fastest CPU will have some load too even if there is nothing to do.

What are your top processes from the top command?

Nothing out of ordinary and above three load averages are consistent on all three 86U's I've checked and one of them is even on stock so it's not just my environment.

Thanks, when you have time can you please give a detailed reply that why you consider it normal?

You'd have to ask Broadcom. All I can say is that every HND-based router has the same load reported.

Keep in mind that a load of 3 only means there are three processes waiting to use the CPU, it does not mean the router itself is overloaded. Check CPU usage % to get a more accurate detail of actual usage - Linux load is a bit different from that.

Beyond that, I can't give you any technical explanation, that's not really my field of expertise.

384.6 I have noticed a few cases of cpu 1 looking as if it was stuck at 100% over the month of sept even when there was only 1-3 mbps of traffic going up an down in the display/meter "dials". cpu 2 would be showing a real low number like 1-5%. rebooting has made cpu 1 get normal again. any one else seen this? Only unusual app running would be OpenVPN server with no active connections at the time. Got my curiosity up more than anything else.

384.6 I have noticed a few cases of cpu 1 looking as if it was stuck at 100% over the month of sept even when there was only 1-3 mbps of traffic going up an down in the display/meter "dials". cpu 2 would be showing a real low number like 1-5%. rebooting has made cpu 1 get normal again. any one else seen this? Only unusual app running would be OpenVPN server with no active connections at the time. Got my curiosity up more than anything else.

It would be really helpful if you open an SSH session and make a screenshot of top or htop (which can be installed from Entware) to see which process(es) is (are) actually causing such a high cpu load. I haven't encountered anything like this myself though.

It would be really helpful if you open an SSH session and make a screenshot of top or htop (which can be installed from Entware) to see which process(es) is (are) actually causing such a high cpu load. I haven't encountered anything like this myself though.

i will keep that in mind the next time I see it. Thanks.

384.6 BUG in Traffic Analyzer rt-68u? - Statistic tab - go to a specific client - select week or month - then click "more". Printing issue follows after right clicking and select PRINT (Windows 10).

Once in a while I need to print off the traffic statistics for the past week or month for a discussion with the inmates here :) On screen it looks very nice. White letters on a greyish green background. However when I right click the image and go to print it - what gets generated is some sort of grey scaled letters (which is OK) on a CLEAR background... except that the pie charts and graphs that were underneath the "MORE" screen are now visible through the clear background making it difficult to read.

Any idea if there is any setting here for this to make the printed background solid rather than see through. I have tried different printers and print to pdf and they all look the same. or could this be considered a code bug?

Attachments

• traffic analyzer statistic client more on screen.PNG
    traffic analyzer statistic client more on screen.PNG
    36.8 KB · Views: 716
  • 384-6 traffic analyzer print format issue.pdf
    352.2 KB · Views: 542
384.6 BUG in Traffic Analyzer rt-68u? - Statistic tab - go to a specific client - select week or month - then click "more". Printing issue follows after right clicking and select PRINT (Windows 10).

Once in a while I need to print off the traffic statistics for the past week or month for a discussion with the inmates here :) On screen it looks very nice. White letters on a greyish green background. However when I right click the image and go to print it - what gets generated is some sort of grey scaled letters (which is OK) on a CLEAR background... except that the pie charts and graphs that were underneath the "MORE" screen are now visible through the clear background making it difficult to read.

Any idea if there is any setting here for this to make the printed background solid rather than see through. I have tried different printers and print to pdf and they all look the same. or could this be considered a code bug?

Try enable Background Graphics in your web browser's print option.

@eastavin have you tried different browsers? In the past I have found that certain websites print better with one browser vs another.

Not sure if reported, not first time I've had this issue:
-RT-AC3200
-merlin firmware.
-skynet.
-IPCamsBlock.

-power failure recently happened & everything came back online.
-Internet connection came back up & according to the router everything was connected & even had ISP IP address & DDNS was active/connected.
-I could not ping anything nor could I access anything from my PC or any other device, except for the router itself.
-Could not access any other device on my network.
-I could however remotely connect to my router from my smartphone via VPN, but I couldn't access anything beyond router ie network cameras.
-Went into Firewall->Enable Firewall -> Yes: changed to No & back to Yes. Everything working normally again.

I've experienced this issue with previous firmware. How/where would I troubleshoot this, if at all?

Thanks.

Just adding a follow up update for this, as still having similar issue happen & now it's weird.

For last few months I haven't used the Wifi with my mobile. It's a Samsung S7. Everything has been working fine. Last few days though I decide to start using Wifi on my mobile. BAM! A day or 3 later & now my mobile can't access internet over Wifi. Another PC that's been used lately (but isn't on a lot) & is hardwired can't access internet either, but can access the router itself & is even listed as being connected. There's other devices that can get an internet connection, both hardwired/wireless. And my mobile that won't work with the Wifi, will happily remote in via Internet+VPN & access my network/cameras etc. So all in all quite odd.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!