What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.7 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Did you reboot the router?
No, fair point. But I didn't get that far... the upload hangs at 0% for 30 seconds or so and then the router reboots.

Coming from 384.5; I will reset to defaults and try again.

Edit: Removing my drives and rebooting wasn't enough, but a factory reset and reboot was successful.

Last edited:
Thank you for the nice update. Running fine here with a not complicated config.

Updated OK, but now the language drop-down doesn't actually list any options and I'm stuck with the router in Japanese. Is this by design?

Updated OK, but now the language drop-down doesn't actually list any options and I'm stuck with the router in Japanese. Is this by design?

Yes, Asus disables all other languages on Japanese models, and now the language selection is closed source, so I can no longer bypass this limitation.

No, information about which region router is stored in bootloader of router and it is encrypted by Broadcom along with rest of bootloader. You can read it but can't modify it.

Update my ac86u from 384.6 to 384.7, updated without reset. UPnP does not work:

miniupnpd[2109]: Failed to add NAT-PMP 10287 tcp->10.0.1.6:10287 'NAT-PMP 10287 tcp'
miniupnpd[2109]: Failed to add NAT-PMP 10287 udp->10.0.1.6:10287 'NAT-PMP 10287 udp'

No, information about which region router is stored in bootloader of router and it is encrypted by Broadcom along with rest of bootloader. You can read it but can't modify it.
Good to know, thanks for that. I assume that if I'd purchased one from the USA rather than Japan, I wouldn't have had this issue in the first place?

#BUG 384.6 and 384.7 RT-AC86U

Spoof LAN TTL value
Yes
WiFi Connected, but no Internet

Thank you very much for your great work.
Works like a charm under AC86U. No issues so far.
However, still no time synchronization for the AC87U in bridge mode. So I have to do it manually :D

Grateful @RMerlin for your hard work and dedication!

I checked the version of openssl on Asuswrt-Merlin 384.7:
Code:
opkg openssl --version
opkg version 0.1.8

opkg ca-certificates --version
opkg version 0.1.8
But, the 384.7 Changelog says
- CHANGED: Updated openssl to 1.0.2p.
Perhaps ca-certificates package from entware is outdated and taking precedence over firmware version?

Grateful @RMerlin for your hard work and dedication!

I checked the version of openssl on Asuswrt-Merlin 384.7:
Code:
opkg openssl --version
opkg version 0.1.8

opkg ca-certificates --version
opkg version 0.1.8
But, the 384.7 Changelog says

Perhaps ca-certificates package from entware is outdated and taking precedence over firmware version?

0.1.8 would be the Entware package version, unrelated to the actual openssl version part of the firmware. ca-certificates is just a file, it has no real version, and it's not part of OpenSSL either.

Upgrade from V384.7_beta3 to V384.70 Final, everything is working great!

Hi

Big issue here, updated and reset now my dhcp from internet provider is not working, get the warning on network main page

I went through the automatic setup selecting auto ip and setup passwords, but get this warning.

Currently have no internet.

I’m with virgin media UK and have my superhub in modem mode.

Update:

As above, seemed to have fixed it by rebooting my ISP modem.

Never had that happen before, does anyone know why that would occur?

**ok all up and running fine now.

One issue but may be a setting, when I reboot my ac86u it disables my guest network, I have to re-enable it?

Thanks for the update Merlin.

Last edited:
Hi

Big issue here, updated and reset now my dhcp from internet provider is not working, get the warning on network main page

I went through the automatic setup selecting auto ip and setup passwords, but get this warning.

Currently have no internet.

I’m with virgin media UK and have my superhub in modem mode.
I seem to have this same issue. DOCSIS modem. After rebooting my RT-AC3100 the internet is out. I have to manually reset the entire network to regain connectivity.

I seem to have this same issue. DOCSIS modem. After rebooting my RT-AC3100 the internet is out. I have to manually reset the entire network to regain connectivity.

As above, a reboot of the modem seemed to fix it and then turning router back on.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!