What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.7 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I never had to reboot it before to do an upgrade. Also, I'm not using any USB drives on it.

Hi ! It was able to chose multiple languages at 384.6, but there're only English and Chinese (simplified) can be chosen at 384.7, all other languages are missing !

If you just need the GUI to be in the language of your choice, did you try the command line language file mapping?
e.g. If the desired language file exists

'/www/$DICTIONARY.dict' where $DICTIONARY is any of the following:
Code:
 # Map the desired Language Dictionary
     case $DICTIONARY in
      EN) TXT="English";;
      BR) TXT="Brazilian";;
      CN) TXT="Chinese";;
      CZ) TXT="Czech";;
      DA) TXT="Danish";;
      DE) TXT="German";;
      ES) TXT="Spanish";;
      FI) TXT="Finnish";;
      FR) TXT="French";;
      HU) TXT="Hungarian";;
      IT) TXT="Italian";;
      JP) TXT="Japanese";;
      KR) TXT="Korean";;
      MS) TXT="Malaysian";;
      NO) TXT="Norwegian";;
      PL) TXT="Polish";;
      RO) TXT="Romanian";;
      RU) TXT="Russian";;
      SV) TXT="Swedish";;
      TH) TXT="Thai";;
      TR) TXT="Turkish";;
      TW) TXT="Taiwanese";;
      UK) TXT="Ukrainian";;
      *)  TXT="?";;
     esac

Attachments

• Asus-RT-ac68u.jpg
    Asus-RT-ac68u.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 675
Hi

Will we see the AiMesh-nod function in newer Merlin releases?

It in asus firmware org: v.3.0.0.4.384.32799
2018/09/19
https://www.asus.com/Networking/RTAC68U/HelpDesk_BIOS/
Look like this (see file)
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-read-me-first-before-posting-a-question.47153/#post-41109

Q: Will Asuswrt-Merlin support AiMesh?
A: Highly unlikely, due to technical limitations caused by incompatibilities between my code, and Asus's closed source components for AiMesh.

AC88 dirty flashed from 384.6 and had a few hiccups with my repeaters. After rebooting the repeaters a few times, everything appears to be back to normal.

But I have to disable JFFS custom scripts, reboot and than I can attempt an update.
haven't had to do this with my 87U before, but a factory reset (which would have disabled the JFFS scripts) worked.

I don't know what's going on, but after I update my RT-AC87U, my firmware remains at 384.5 instead of going to 384.7. Tried it twice and it's still stuck with old version. Update check also keeps showing like there is new version. What gives?
Unplugging the drive and a reboot wasn't enough for me--I had to factory reset.

If you just need the GUI to be in the language of your choice, did you try the command line language file mapping?
e.g. If the desired language file exists

'/www/$DICTIONARY.dict' where $DICTIONARY is any of the following:
Code:
 # Map the desired Language Dictionary
     case $DICTIONARY in
      EN) TXT="English";;
      BR) TXT="Brazilian";;
      CN) TXT="Chinese";;
      CZ) TXT="Czech";;
      DA) TXT="Danish";;
      DE) TXT="German";;
      ES) TXT="Spanish";;
      FI) TXT="Finnish";;
      FR) TXT="French";;
      HU) TXT="Hungarian";;
      IT) TXT="Italian";;
      JP) TXT="Japanese";;
      KR) TXT="Korean";;
      MS) TXT="Malaysian";;
      NO) TXT="Norwegian";;
      PL) TXT="Polish";;
      RO) TXT="Romanian";;
      RU) TXT="Russian";;
      SV) TXT="Swedish";;
      TH) TXT="Thai";;
      TR) TXT="Turkish";;
      TW) TXT="Taiwanese";;
      UK) TXT="Ukrainian";;
      *)  TXT="?";;
     esac
I found the one I want ->TW.dict, could you please tell me how to make it works clearly, thanks !

Unplugging the drive and a reboot wasn't enough for me--I had to factory reset.

I manually rebooted my AC87U after the download and the new firmware is showing there.

Of note, someone mentioned in one post here somewhere (sorry I couldn’t find it for some reason) that they were having issues with their NTP time zone sync. Someone else mentioned that you could fix this by using GPS instead. Anyone knows has any simple step-by-step instructions on how to fix this?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I manually rebooted my AC87U after the download and the new firmware is showing there.

Of note, someone mentioned in one post here somewhere (sorry I couldn’t find it for some reason) that they were having issues with their NTP time zone sync. Someone else mentioned that you could fix this by using GPS instead. Anyone knows has any simple step-by-step instructions on how to fix this?

Thank you!

I apologize. I think I found the thread for this so will post this question there.

Thank you.

As a data point to those who may have successfully "converted" their TM-AC1900, such that it now reports as a "true" Asus RT-AC68U (the information you seek may not be available here, but it is out there), as I have, this update installed quite easily, completely, and seamlessly on my router, as did 384.6.

Yet another atta-boy job-well-done to Merlin!

As a data point to those who may have successfully "converted" their TM-AC1900, such that it now reports as a "true" Asus RT-AC68U (the information you seek may not be available here, but it is out there), as I have, this update installed quite easily, completely, and seamlessly on my router, as did 384.6.

Thanks for the report! I have a TM-AC1900 as well as a RT-AC68P. I want to flash Asuswrt-Merlin on both of them.

Thanks for the report! I have a TM-AC1900 as well as a RT-AC68P. I want to flash Asuswrt-Merlin on both of them.
Be mindful of the fact that a successful upload of Asuswrt-Merlin of any version to an unmodified TM-AC1900 involves a number of steps beyond merely the uploading of a new firmware and, as such, will likely not be successful. As I mentioned, the information to success with the TM-AC1900 is available (most of it here, if you follow the dots).

Update.

Solved my recent problem with hanging Media Server scan (and edited my earlier message #58 of this thread).

Somehow an almost 1-year-old video file just right now after the fw update started preventing the Media Server directory scan to finish. Deleted the file and everything is fine now.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!