What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.9 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tried that before posting... it's the same problem
I only ever compiled the firmware once as a learning opportunity (didn't trust my work enough to flash it). I used the Fitz instructions linked here:
MerlinWRT - compile instructions?
In your case, instead of checking out mainline, you'd be checking out the 384.9-mainline tag. If you've already got all this covered, someone else might have first-hand knowledge of your error.

I only ever compiled the firmware once as a learning opportunity (didn't trust my work enough to flash it). I used the Fitz instructions linked here:
MerlinWRT - compile instructions?
In your case, instead of checking out mainline, you'd be checking out the 384.9-mainline tag. If you've already got all this covered, someone else might have first-hand knowledge of your error.

Thank you, Dave!
I'll do some investigatin' over the weekend and post back here if I find anything useful.
Fitz's guide is basically the same as my set-up, so I'll start with checking the makefiles.
The thing is that I've successfully compiled-n-flashed it a while ago, so the question is 'what has changed?!?!?'...

Thank you, Dave!
I'll do some investigatin' over the weekend and post back here if I find anything useful.
Fitz's guide is basically the same as my set-up, so I'll start with checking the makefiles.
The thing is that I've successfully compiled-n-flashed it a while ago, so the question is 'what has changed?!?!?'...

I _may_ have figured out the problemo'... I was using git to reset to former state after making clean (git reset HEAD --hard & equivalents). This seems to work but my guess is that the fact that git doesn't roll back file modification timestamps to repo cloning/check-out time generates the 'boo-boo'.
I'll investigate more when I'll have time for it, but whoever encounters the same problem, either build from a downloaded archive, or if cloning the repo don't force a hard git reset .
...perhaps a solution would be to use the git checkout hooks ... or something...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!