What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.9 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wow, I've had dcd tainted crashes for two days now. Happens every 20-30 minutes. Hope there is a fix for it.

Sorry if this is getting old.
I don’t know if it helps but I turned traffic Analyzer off and the dcd crashes stopped after an hour or so, that was with the alphas and I’ve just left it off with the beta and final.
The crashes don’t seem to be causing any issues though.

I don’t know if it helps but I turned traffic Analyzer off and the dcd crashes stopped after an hour or so, that was with the alphas and I’ve just left it off with the beta and final.
The crashes don’t seem to be causing any issues though.

Yes, I turned off traffic analyzer and AiProtection and turned back on. Dcd taint has been silent for an hour now. We'll see.

Nope, still an issue.

Last edited:
Why is updating process getting bugged randomly?

I have my usual settings for router, nothing special, nothing that can't be done with stock firmware. And when new version comes, I update it, takes few minutes to update and when thing comes back, it doesn't update anything. It still has same old firmware.

Then I need to go through absurdly lengthy process of exporting settings, resetting it to default settings, updating it and restoring settings back, all taking 15 minutes instead of 2. Why is this happening? This isn't the first time and it's REALLY annoying going through this nonsense for a thing that should be done in 2-3 minutes without any hassle.

I have my usual settings for router, nothing special, nothing that can't be done with stock firmware. And when new version comes, I update it, takes few minutes to update and when thing comes back, it doesn't update anything. It still has same old firmware.

Then I need to go through absurdly lengthy process of exporting settings, resetting it to default settings, updating it and restoring settings back, all taking 15 minutes instead of 2. Why is this happening? This isn't the first time and it's REALLY annoying going through this nonsense for a thing that should be done in 2-3 minutes without any hassle.

What router ?

Maybe you're near the memory limit. Remove any USB prior to flashing.

I always reboot, flash, power cycle , never have an issue like that on any router I upgrade.

o_O err .......... it's the "Traffic Analyzer " tab in the GUI.
ok, still missing it :(
i click on lef bar, traffic analyzer
then i have 2 tabs , traffic monitor and statistic
but i dont see an enable/disable button there?
also cant find it under tools/administration/firewall ... still missing it :)
under the statistic tab, there its already turned off , is it that tha must be turned off?
its off here, still have DCD errors

Traffic Analyzer - Statistic > ON/OFF (right top of pane)
The other one is In Adaptive QOS > Classification.
AiProtection/TrendMicro need to be running for QOS/Classification to work, so try turning those off.

I had similar problem in the past while updating from Safari on my Mac. For some reason (as far as I know, Merlin doesn't test the FW using this browser) Safari has sporadic problems in different parts of FW, for example, there are troubles with logging in, so I have to use alternative links to do it. If it's your case just try another browser.

I thought traffic classification required QOS/TM to be running.

Leaving the GUI > Classification page open for a few minutes the page is being populated with data. ( AC3200)

Traffic Analyzer - Statistic > ON/OFF (right top of pane)
The other one is In Adaptive QOS > Classification.
AiProtection/TrendMicro need to be running for QOS/Classification to work, so try turning those off.

ah ok
well, statistic is OFF
adaptive QOS = OFF
AIprotection = ON for all, except for malicious site blokcing = OFF

so pretty much OFF is then still normal i receive DCD errors?

ah ok
well, statistic is OFF
adaptive QOS = OFF
AIprotection = ON for all, except for malicious site blokcing = OFF

so pretty much OFF is then still normal i receive DCD errors?
I have QOS on, AI protection on and traffic Analyzer off and my dcd crashes have stopped. It might just be coincidence though

What router ?

Maybe you're near the memory limit. Remove any USB prior to flashing.

I always reboot, flash, power cycle , never have an issue like that on any router I upgrade.

RT-AC87U. I don't use any USB's.

RT-AC87U. I don't use any USB's.

Aha, a known problem with that model and why I changed router.

I had 4 x 87U's in a row, they all did this and also had the Quantenna WiFi bugs, the retailer wouldn't sell any more and I was supplied the AC3200 as a replacement instead.

I think it is a memory issue , I found that upgrades often wouldn't take, changes to settings would often not work.

I could clear nvram , use the factory reset button and old settings would still be present. I found power cycling the router after any changes the only way to (sometimes) make things work.

I remember many people on the old official Asus forum complaining of the same thing. Personally I would dump that router and find something a lot better.

Thanks for the update.

Tried on my RT-AC5300... reverted to 384.8 within minutes.

Looks like a DHCP problem. Many of my client would not connect (and I mean not connect, not just not showing up on Network Map page)
This included most of my IoT devices (Lifx, YeeLight, Sonoff,...), my Dell laptop, some RPi (Wired),...

Note, many of my clients have fixed IP address (served via DHCP)

My 2 cents
François

That is exactly my case...
the download Master is not there anymore...
how did you have acces to your already installed Download Master?
thanks for answering.
rgds

gui.png

If images or the GUI are flaky try power cycling the router , if that fails you'll need to reset.

Thanks for the update.

Tried on my RT-AC5300... reverted to 384.8 within minutes.

Looks like a DHCP problem. Many of my client would not connect (and I mean not connect, not just not showing up on Network Map page)
This included most of my IoT devices (Lifx, YeeLight, Sonoff,...), my Dell laptop, some RPi (Wired),...

Note, many of my clients have fixed IP address (served via DHCP)

My 2 cents
François
yeap lots of problems in the 384.9 firmware

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!