What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.9 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I was up on 384.8_2 for 35 days straight and don't know what happend 35 days ago.

Upgrade to 384.9 is smooth so far. Love stability and the combination of this firmware with the AC3100. Thank you Merlin.

384.9 has made browsing slow on this build using galaxy tab s2 384.2 did not do this

is was doing this with the alphas as well

why in the wifi Professionl under Region

their is
asia
china
Europe
Singapore
usa
why no Asustralia or New Zealand in the list for the asus rt ax88u

and why no wifi channels 12 & 13 for Asustralia & New Zealand

Craig

Last edited:
Dirty upgrade to 384.9 from 384.8_2 smooth.
Thanks for the work. :)

AC86U after flash 384.9, do factory reset. every things ok. when try to change the default from China to Austria, the WIFI test speed drop from 2xxM to 10-to 30M and not stable, When change back to China or Singapore, the speed came back.

Thank you, Merlin

Flashed on AC88U. 2 bugs here

1. The know asus bug on this release about networkmap listing may be unreliable, it was worked always fine until now that show always only a few devices and never all of them
2. Merlin firmware "bug". When i go to new classification tab first stay about 20sg showing nothing and then show all my conections, there are about 400 from my iptv decoder doing the tab freeze, then works 3sg and freeze again about 15sg because autoupdate is 3sg. I manage to change the option to no refesh and a few second later i can see the tab working. How i can stop scan my iptv conections? they are on a different vlan.

Where is the download Master from the menu?
IMG_20190203_111327.jpg
But for a direct link, I go into it and it works ...
IMG_20190203_111853.jpg
WT..??

Seems like something is crashing on my AC88U every time I go to the QoS page which causes the firewall to restart. I don’t have QoS on, but that didn’t happen under 384_2. This is what shows up in the log after I go to the QoS page.

Feb 2 23:51:05 kernel: SHN Release Version: 2.0.1 d32a874
Feb 2 23:51:05 kernel: UDB Core Version: 0.2.18 r3508378
Feb 2 23:51:05 kernel: sizeof forward pkt param = 192
Feb 2 23:51:05 BWDPI: fun bitmap = 3
Feb 2 23:51:20 rc_service: bwdpi_check 380:notify_rc start_firewall
Feb 2 23:51:20 miniupnpd[946]: shutting down MiniUPnPd
Feb 2 23:51:21 nat: apply nat rules (/tmp/nat_rules_eth0_eth0)
Feb 2 23:51:22 miniupnpd[2558]: HTTP listening on port 35131
Feb 2 23:51:22 miniupnpd[2558]: Listening for NAT-PMP/PCP traffic on port 5351

Last edited:
hi, my RT-AC87U are running very slow on the 5g network, but its ok on the 2,4 g.
I have done the factorie resetting.
do you want any logs?

The RT-AC87U 5 GHz wifi firmware hasn't changed in nearly two years, so it's unrelated to the 384.9 release.

I rolled back to 384.8_2 and immediately the firmware recognises the internet connection and the warnings on the phones vanish so I don't think something is quite right with this firmware..

People have been reporting similar issues for the last three release now... So it's nothing new to this release, and I have never reproduced it myself. Check the WAN monitoring settings under Administration -> System, and disable any advanced DNS feature such as DNSSec in case your nameservers aren't compatible with it.

384.9 has made browsing slow on this build using galaxy tab s2 384.2 did not do this

Check your DNS settings. Unrelated to the firmware itself.

Because Asus/Broadcom don't have region-specific settings for Australia/NZ, or they don't have SKUs for that specific region. Wifi and region related code is entirely closed source and outside of my control.

AC86U after flash 384.9, do factory reset. every things ok. when try to change the default from China to Austria, the WIFI test speed drop from 2xxM to 10-to 30M and not stable, When change back to China or Singapore, the speed came back.

Stick to your actual region. Running the router for the wrong region will cause problems with clients that aren't able to handle those regions, and is also illegal in various countries.

2. Merlin firmware "bug". When i go to new classification tab first stay about 20sg showing nothing and then show all my conections, there are about 400 from my iptv decoder doing the tab freeze, then works 3sg and freeze again about 15sg because autoupdate is 3sg. I manage to change the option to no refesh and a few second later i can see the tab working. How i can stop scan my iptv conections? they are on a different vlan.

That page lists everything that is tracked by the Trend Micro DPI engine, I have no control over what it tracks.

Check your DNS settings. Unrelated to the firmware itself.

Because Asus/Broadcom don't have region-specific settings for Australia/NZ, or they don't have SKUs for that specific region. Wifi and region related code is entirely closed source and outside of my control.

thats wrong I had a asus 3100 dsl and it had channels 12 & 13

Stick to your actual region. Running the router for the wrong region will cause problems with clients that aren't able to handle those regions, and is also illegal in various countries.

That page lists everything that is tracked by the Trend Micro DPI engine, I have no control over what it tracks.

Smooth update from beta1 to 384.9 on RT-AC87u
Thank you @RMerlin

Easy to turn off .

GUI > Tools > Other Settings > Miscellaneous Options > New Firmware Check .

Turn it off , click apply. Then turn turn it back on again, apply , problem solved.
Thank you, after switch 5 time on-off it's solved.

Where did you find Austria???
Do you mean Australia?
Maybe its using different channels and bandwith set to Australia, proof everything else is exactly the same with Wifi-analyzer app on mobile or PC.

their is
asia
china
Europe
Singapore
usa

Craig
this 384.9 is rubbish for the asus rt 88ax for tablets very thing ok untill trend sig update then wifi is slow

their is
asia
china
Europe
Singapore
usa

Craig
this 384.9 for tablets goes slow when trend sigs update asus rt 88ax firmware for the edge router are miles a head of asus when it comes to firmware asus need to bring it in line with the edge router

Where did you find Austria???
Do you mean Australia?
Maybe its using different channels and bandwith set to Australia, proof everything else is exactly the same with Wifi-analyzer app on mobile or PC.

typo mistake, I means Australia

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!