What's new

AdGuardHome [RELEASE] Asuswrt-Merlin-AdGuardHome-Installer (AMAGHI)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So guys when I run IPv6 to stateless I don't get a IPv6 adres. This is new stuff can you push me in the proper direction .

I just installed the 386.4 firmware on my AX88U.

I did a factory reset and install AdGuard, as some other mention, for some reason, if the DHCP DNS field is empty, the client computers won't be able to browse the internet. As soon as I put the router IP on the DHCP DNS field, all clients has connectivity.

Has the root cause of this has been identified?

Regards

I just installed the 386.4 firmware on my AX88U.

I did a factory reset and install AdGuard, as some other mention, for some reason, if the DHCP DNS field is empty, the client computers won't be able to browse the internet. As soon as I put the router IP on the DHCP DNS field, all clients has connectivity.

Has the root cause of this has been identified?

Regards
This has already been resolved. The dns entry is manually inserted through the custom scripts, just leave the gui empty. It is because dnsmasq doesn't know to advertise itself on any other port than 53, so we have to tell it to advertise the router's IP( or 0.0.0.0 to use the address dnsmasq is hosted from) which adguardhome is serving dns at. So the script uses dnsmasq.postconf that adds a line to dnsmasq to deal with this issue.

Last edited:
This issue start appearing after the minor update with enabling Https check. Previous version didnt have this issue.

1641584258431.png

1641584330930.png

This issue start appearing after the minor update with enabling Https check. Previous version didnt have this issue.

View attachment 38396
View attachment 38397
Netstat -nlp | grep 443

What is the output?
This happen to me when adguardhome was infact already listening on 443, same thing happen with 853 as well. I am assuming it is a bug in adguardhome if you have nothing else but adguardhome listening on that port.

When I enable the "encryption" checkmark, it would redirect me to the https version of the page. This time it give me that error. Netsat no command in router.

@AX11000:/tmp/home/root# Netstat -nlp | grep 443
-sh: Netstat: not found

When I enable the "encryption" checkmark, it would redirect me to the https version of the page. This time it give me that error. Netsat no command in router.

@AX11000:/tmp/home/root# Netstat -nlp | grep 443
-sh: Netstat: not found
I think found the problem after mention 443. I have pixelserv-tls enable. Disabling got it to work now.

Edit /opt/etc/AdGuardHome/AdGuardHome.yaml change that number to the port you want.
Then run the command,
/opt/etc/init.d/61AdGuardHome restart
thank you for your prompt reply, I managed to change the port number but 2nd command to restart the service didn't work, I had to reboot the router to make it work.

# /opt/etc/init.d/61AdGuardHome restart
-sh: /opt/etc/init.d/61AdGuardHome: not found

thank you for your prompt reply, I managed to change the port number but 2nd command to restart the service didn't work, I had to reboot the router to make it work.

# /opt/etc/init.d/61AdGuardHome restart
-sh: /opt/etc/init.d/61AdGuardHome: not found
/opt/etc/init.d/S61AdGuardHome
Missing an S

*Disclaimer*While this is an ad-blocker just like Diversion, for all intensive purposes it shall be treated as an alternative and not a replacement. Diversion will continue to function as is.*Disclaimer*

Sorry for asking a noob question. I am just starting on router based adblocker (from pihole). I was thinking of diversion, and on their website they show "What's new in amtm 3.2.3 - NEW: Adds support for Asuswrt-Merlin-AdGuardHome-Installer by SomeWhereOverTheRainBow". Its bit confusing give the first thread. As I understand this is new feature to amtm, and nothing to do with actual diversion codebase, right?

Sorry for asking a noob question. I am just starting on router based adblocker (from pihole). I was thinking of diversion, and on their website they show "What's new in amtm 3.2.3 - NEW: Adds support for Asuswrt-Merlin-AdGuardHome-Installer by SomeWhereOverTheRainBow". Its bit confusing give the first thread. As I understand this is new feature to amtm, and nothing to do with actual diversion codebase, right?
Correct. @thelonelycoder provides two of the Primary Addon Code Bases for asuswrt-merlin, Diversion (which is an adblocker) and AMTM (the swiss army knife of asuswrt-merlin). AMTM provides access to packages/scripts for users of Asuswrt-Merlin in a user friendly way. Asuswrt-Merlin-AdGuardHome-Installer is an installer that makes bringing AdGuardHome support to Asuswrt-Merlin possible, AMTM offers it as a package on the long list of packages it provides easy of access to.

On your Asuswrt-Merlin journey, there are three adblocking methods that can be used on Asuswrt-Merlin that are currently supported by AMTM. The first and foremost best and easy to use is Diversion. The second is the Adblocker script provided by Unbound-Manager. The third is AdGuardHome which is provided by Asuswrt Merlin AdGuardHome Installer. When choosing which to use, only use one method. Don't try to combine methods.

Last edited:
Correct. @thelonelycoder provides two of the Primary Code Bases for asuswrt-merlin, Diversion (which is an adblocker) and AMTM (the swiss army knife of asuswrt-merlin). AMTM provides access to packages/scripts for users of Asuswrt-Merlin in a user friendly way. Asuswrt-Merlin-AdGuardHome-Installer is an installer that makes bringing AdGuardHome support to Asuswrt-Merlin possible, AMTM offers it as a package on the long list of packages it provides easy of access to.

On your Asuswrt-Merlin journey, there are three adblocking methods that can be used on Asuswrt-Merlin that are currently supported by AMTM. The first and foremost best and easy to use is Diversion. The second is the Adblocker script provided by Unbound-Manager. The third is AdGuardHome which is provided by Asuswrt Merlin AdGuardHome Installer. When choosing which to use, only use one method. Don't try to combine methods.
Thank you.. that helps a lot to understand the relationships.

@SomeWhereOverTheRainBow need bit of a help here.. as my adblock option I tried adguard :) my ssh session was interrupted at this stage
Code:
Setting flags for package apache-utils to hold.
Info:  Configuring AdGuardHome...
=>  Do you want to redirect all DNS resolutions on your network through to AdGuardHome? [y/n]:

After that any attempt of launching ad guard installer fails due to out of memory.
Code:
Author: SomeWhereOverTheRainBow
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/new-release-asuswrt-merlin-adguardhome-installer.76506/#post-733310

Continue? [1=Yes e=Exit] 1

fatal error: out of memory allocating heap arena map

runtime stack:
runtime.throw(0x90c989, 0x27)
        runtime/panic.go:1117 +0x54 fp=0x7fdf520f10 sp=0x7fdf520ee0 pc=0x444a4

per top i don't think my router is anywhere near full
Code:
Mem: 218184K used, 222140K free, 1668K shrd, 204K buff, 27872K cached
CPU:  0.0% usr  4.0% sys  0.0% nic 96.0% idle  0.0% io  0.0% irq  0.0% sirq
Load average: 2.44 1.79 0.85 2/136 6592

Any option to just remove adguard and retry installer? or should I just wipe the disk and startover?

@SomeWhereOverTheRainBow need bit of a help here.. as my adblock option I tried adguard :) my ssh session was interrupted at this stage
Code:
=>  Do you want to redirect all DNS resolutions on your network through to AdGuardHome? [y/n]:

After that any attempt of launching ad guard installer fails due to out of memory.
Code:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/new-release-asuswrt-merlin-adguardhome-installer.76506/#post-733310

runtime stack:

Code:

Any option to just remove adguard and retry installer? or should I just wipe the disk and startover?
Looks like it didn't even install because your router is low on memory. Not really anything I can do. You can try starting over. I would first use the uninstall option which removes Adguard.

Did you try a reboot?

Code:

Code:

runtime stack:

Code:

Run the command free and post the output.

Did you try a reboot?
If that fails, the next step is the famous L&LD guides....
well, we noobs will be noobs.. I missed to enable swap in amtm before going ahead with adguard. A quick swap of USB3 flashdrive (previous attempt of creating swap was quite longer which made me realize RT-AC86U has a USB3 port) and a 2GB swap creation later, AdGuard is up and running.. it was a very simple and painless experience.

Thank you to @SomeWhereOverTheRainBow and @thelonelycoder for your great code..