What's new

AdGuardHome [RELEASE] Asuswrt-Merlin-AdGuardHome-Installer (AMAGHI)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Actually, I was able to get this.
what router model are you using and do you have entware installed? The only suggestion I can recommend is try running the uninstall command(because it cleans up any old stuff), and then rerun the install command. Maybe something got botched during the install process. I have ran the installer numerous times and have had no issues. So I am vexed. It may be the binaries don't work on your router. I would have to see the system log entries right after install.

Last edited:
I am not sure if it is just me. However, when I enter something, does not matter what value (I've tried LAN, Home, etc) in my router config for the "LAN" Domain name, when I apply the settings, it seems that all my clients are no longer able to browser the internet.

The moment I clear the domain name, all my clients are working again...

I have an RT-5300 router and have DIversion installed.

Not sure if others have had the same issue.
try simple lan. Also there could be a big conflict trying to run this with diversion. It is not advised.

RT-AX86U and yes entware is installed. It happened yesterday too so i thought I would factory reset the device but that didn't help.
it may be incompatible with your router, or I may have to make an exception for yours to use one of the lesser version. I would have to see your system log entries after install first. What Merlin firmware version are you running as well?

Tried that as well.

It seems that no matter what value I put, the moment I apply the settings, no clients are able to browse the internet.
There could be a conflict with you running this along side diversion. Also, if you do put lan inside the domain spot, make sure it is also present in the AdGuardHome upstream dns section.

[/lan/]your routers ip:553

it may be incompatible with your router, or I may have to make an exception for yours to use one of the lesser version. I would have to see your system log entries first.
I can't imagine it would be incompatible. The RT-AX86U is one of the flagship models and top 4 in merlin downloads. Plus 1.0 "ran" initially before it just had the issue where is stopped all internet for devices because of the default config, so I waited until that was ironed out.

I can't imagine it would be incompatible. The RT-AX86U is one of the flagship models and top 4 in merlin downloads. Plus 1.0 "ran" initially before it just had the issue where is stopped all internet for devices because of the default config, so I waited until that was ironed out.
Not saying it is not a flagship, but some of the newer models have a period where older stuff doesn't run properly on them. usually because asus doesn't always workout all the kinks before releasing them. Either that, or you may need to try a factory reset and manually reset up and reinstall. There has been known instances where this was needed to be done with dnscrypt-proxy as well. All of it is Go code which can be very buggy.

Thanks, however, at this point, I have not even installed Adguard. I wanted to make sure everything worked before installing AdGuard.
well that is your problem. all of the things done with adguardhome are pointing back to dnsmasq. If your dnsmasq configuration is borked, then that would be a problem. it is AdGuardHome btw. You may have to refresh the internet connection on all your devices once you start using lan as your domain.

Here is the relevant time period.
I don't see any entries related to AdGuardHome inside your syslog, everything seems to be relevant to DNSmasq only and your firewall going nuts with outbound traffic. So the latter assumption is correct. The version of AdGuardHome being used with your router model must not be properly working for it. I will make an exception for it to try one of the lesser architectures on the installer.

I don't see any entries related to AdGuardHome inside your syslog, everything seems to be relevant to DNSmasq only and your firewall going nuts with outbound traffic. So the latter assumption is correct. The version of AdGuardHome being used with your router model must not be properly working for it. I will make an exception for it to try one of the lesser architectures on the installer.
I appreciate your help. I don't know what that last part means, again, it installed fine last sunday when it was originally released.

Got it.

Thanks for your help.

Is there a WIKI or step-by-step install? It would eliminate alot of the questions here :)

BTW, so far I find that Adguard uses less CPU than when I had Diversion installed....
It does, and it doesn't require a giant domain list. If you use
Code:
https://abp.oisd.nl/
as your filter list, you will be getting just as effective blocking as Diversion Large without the CPU throttle.