What's new

AdGuardHome [RELEASE] Asuswrt-Merlin-AdGuardHome-Installer (AMAGHI)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This exits with an error for me: pastebin.com/igTC64Jn

Seems like it thinks I'm not using a compatible router maybe? I don;t know though, Im on an RT-AX86U with 386.4 fw.
I'm getting the same error with RT-AC86U (Firmware Version: 386.4)

Seems like it thinks I'm not using a compatible router maybe? I don;t know though, Im on an RT-AX86U with 386.4 fw.
I'm on it, just a minute.

I'm getting the same error with RT-AC86U (Firmware Version: 386.4)
OK, my bad. The install error in amtm is fixed now.
Enjoy!

Installing now, great work as per usual!
Is it working for you?

Mine is getting to:

Code:
 Info:  Configure dnsmasq.postconf file
Installing go (1.17.4-2) to root...
Downloading https://bin.entware.net/aarch64-k3.10/go_1.17.4-2_aarch64-3.10.ipk

and then hanging...

Is it working for you?

Mine is getting to:

Code:

and then hanging...
You actually need to wait, it takes a little while to setup.

Is it working for you?

Mine is getting to:

Code:

and then hanging...
Yeah, this part takes time. I meant to suggest a warning line there to @SomeWhereOverTheRainBow . There‘s still time.

You must create an account with AdGuard, use your email/password for that. You can use the IP provided shown in the SSH interface when loading AdGuard Home via AMTM to login and change any settings/lists from there.
No you don't need to make an adguard account. The username could be something simple as admin. It is just to secure your login to the gui. It is the username and password you created in the ssh terminal.

No you don't need to make an adguard account. The username could be something simple as admin. It is just to secure your login to the gui. It is the username and password you created in the ssh terminal.
Ah okay, my bad. I just assumed you needed to link it directly with AdGuard. Also, is AdGuard home free/unlimited on it's requests? I know NextDNS is limited on how many queries can pass through it for free.

Is IPV6 become disabled when using Adguard?

Package seems completely broken for me. been playing with it for at least 7 hours. installed from both amtm and curl. dns resolution is broken. if unbound is off, dns resolution fails. futhermore if no other dns server is on but vpn director is connected to a vpn provider, it uses the vpn's provider dns servers for resolution instead of adguard's specified ones. Also some clients on lan are not showing at all on adguard dashboard. Also if adguard home dashboard protection is set to off, it stills uses adguards specified dns servers(of course with unbound or other dns server working)

Networking noob here so sorry if the problem is something obvious.

Right now I'm using unbound and if a client connects it gets the routers IP as DNS server and the DNS resolution is working fine. After installing adguard this does not happen anymore (should it?). After adguard is installed and a new device connects to the wifi the dns doesnt get set and the name resolution doesnt work. Same happens when just disconnecting/connecting a device after installing. Where to configure which dns gets used by the clients?

Package seems completely broken for me. been playing with it for at least 7 hours. installed from both amtm and curl. dns resolution is broken. if unbound is off, dns resolution fails. futhermore if no other dns server is on but vpn director is connected to a vpn provider, it uses the vpn's provider dns servers for resolution instead of adguard's specified ones. Also some clients on lan are not showing at all on adguard dashboard. Also if adguard home dashboard protection is set to off, it stills uses adguards specified dns servers(of course with unbound or other dns server working)
Yep, same problem BUT im not using unbouns, AC86U and installed from AMTM. DNS resolution fails, after adguard is installed.

Last edited:
Networking noob here so sorry if the problem is something obvious.

Right now I'm using unbound and if a client connects it gets the routers IP as DNS server and the DNS resolution is working fine. After installing adguard this does not happen anymore (should it?). After adguard is installed and a new device connects to the wifi the dns doesnt get set and the name resolution doesnt work. Same happens when just disconnecting/connecting a device after installing. Where to configure which dns gets used by the clients?
If you are using unbound you will have to adjust your setup accordingly to listen to unbound for dns upstream on adguardhomes settings page for upstream dns.
@Jacob

Last edited:
If you are using unbound you will have to adjust your setup accordingly to listen to unbound for dns upstream on adguardhomes settings page for upstream dns.

I did this. It works for every device as long it was connected to the router before installing adguard.

I guess I'm having trouble explaining what my problem is. As far as I understand when a device connects to the router it gets told which DNS server to use. I guess we can see this in windows for example with ipconfig as standard gateway. This gets only set before adguard is installed. So for a device connecting after adguard got installed the dns it should use doesnt get set and I'm having problems resolving names with them.