What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cake is kewl but if I recall isn't compatible with the Linux version used by asus routers.. need 4.6+ or something.. also running cake without qos might be slightly better than no cake but wont help the bufferbloat issue on the isp end. the very purpose of qos is to be the bottleneck of your entire network so its in complete control of what transmits 1st.. without it the HUGE buffers on the isp end build up and then u have huge bufferbloat.
From the link below
Cake has now been accepted into the mainline kernel in 4.19:
https://kernelnewbies.org/Linux_4.1...ence_with_the_CAKE_queue_management_algorithm

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ac86u-i-built-cake.49190/page-2

Also cake needs to be implemented by asus or trend micro or broad-com to the sdk, i hope it and FQ-Codel will be added some day soon, but we may be in luck and see FQ-Codel in the near future>

@dave14305
I had to go back to using 384.17 fw from the latest alpha fw (all alphas were causing this issue and/or beta3 script). I couldn't pinpoint what was causing the significant lag while streaming and gaming.

Again, I couldn't determine if the beta3 script was causing it or the alpha fw. It may also be something within the new added "categories" as well that maybe causing this lag. Not sure if anyone else is having this issue as well. I can be streaming Netflix or Prime, and the videos load every 10/15 seconds. A restart seems to fix it but slowly the lag starts creeping back. Same issue while gaming.

While going back to 384.17 and "FreshDav" version 8.9, my lag is no longer there!

Any ideas what might be causing this lag?

Something is slowing things down. :)

We’d have to know how the traffic is marked and what rules you have that might influence the outcome. For now, I blame you. :p

I'm sure its on me haha...i have a few rules

Gaming rule, streaming rule for my Firesticks and this one but I doubt this may be the one causing issue:

23.47.79.0/24 / TCP/ Remote: 80 maybe?

Gaming rule, streaming rule for my Firesticks and this one but I doubt this may be the one causing issue:

Next time you find yourself on 384.18 run the script with -debug just to ensure it’s working as expected in dealing with the FW changes.

I'm reworking the rules table to allow in-cell editing. It's taking a little while since I have to strain by brain more to figure out the table API and validation functions. But I'm getting there! :D

View attachment 24078

right on.. the webui is the best tool imo.. make the defaults editable/removable and maybe a few more slots for more and it be the dream. 100% customizable in fancy web interface :)

Also, what priority did you have Learn-From-Home? It’s best at the bottom due to its duplication of existing categories.

Also, what priority did you have Learn-From-Home? It’s best at the bottom due to its duplication of existing categories.
Thanks @ dave14305 ...if I remember correctly, I did have this category at the bottom. Once the lag started, I tried putting gaming/others & stream towards the top but ended up just flashing 384.17. I'll def try again but I'm currently testing 'cake'. We'll see how things go! Thanks, again!

@dave14305 Did FreshJR leave the forum? Are you taking up the maintenance of the script?

Last edited:
Not sure where to post this...I noticed I saw a new a device with a static ip address and the manufacturer says "abocom" ...should I be concerned? I just blocked internet access but I'm wondering if anyone has seen anything like this before?

Update....haha..my son had bought a Kodak printer and hooked it up last night! We're all good!

Last edited:
Can someone please confirm if the iptable rules are working on the upload.

I can see in the tracked connections that the IP is listed as the correct application rule, but the traffic classification is showing the data outgoing in the default (without rule) class.

edit: wait I might be missing an IP.

As far as I can see, my rules should be placing this google file sync traffic into file downloads.
216.58.192.0/19 covers downloads through google file sync and correctly places that traffic into file downloads.
But the uploads through file sync are placed into web surfing.

Attachments

• app_rules.PNG
    app_rules.PNG
    177.1 KB · Views: 174
  • QOS.PNG
    QOS.PNG
    178.6 KB · Views: 179
  • windows.PNG
    windows.PNG
    190.5 KB · Views: 167
As far as I can see, my rules should be placing this google file sync traffic into file downloads.
216.58.192.0/19 covers downloads through google file sync and correctly places that traffic into file downloads.
What is the Mark associated with the uploads? Can you check your iptables counters to see if the rule is being matched while uploading?
Code:
iptables -t mangle -nvL POSTROUTING

Your Resource Monitor screenshot shows that the upload is going to a host that does not match your rule. So not an issue with the script.

Code:
# dig +short syd09s17-in-f10.1e100.net

One of my main uses for this is to keep google file sync from overwhelming my upload. It appears to be working for me. (384.17/dave master)

Hello
I wanted to consult with you the following two issues that im seeing on my setup. Im currently running @dave14305 fork v8.9.

I have a synology drive which runs a torrent client. the tcp port for incoming connections is 51415 and its under freshjr qos custom rules. this rule works ok as incoming connections show under the purple category and the custom rule name also is displayed.
inc.JPG

qos.JPG

1- outbund connections are being shown as UNTRACKED (green category) and marked as 00000. is there a way to properly identify them on the purple category?
2- with a torrent file being downloaded, i see a lot of activity on the brown category (game transferring) but i dont see any connections marked with that color on the list nor i have anything configured under gaming or gaming devices on my network

2.JPG
3.JPG

will appreciate your help!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!