What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10 21:05:22 adaptive QOS: Clearing qos environment
Mar 10 21:05:24 adaptive QOS: Clearing qos environment
Mar 10 21:05:37 adaptive QOS: Clearing qos environment
Mar 10 21:05:37 adaptive QOS: Clearing qos environment
Mar 10 21:05:38 adaptive QOS: Changing 1:10 class rate
Mar 10 21:05:40 adaptive QOS: Changing 1:11 class rate
Mar 10 21:05:41 adaptive QOS: Changing 1:12 class rate
Mar 10 21:05:41 kernel: HTB: quantum of class 10012 is big. Consider r2q change.
Mar 10 21:05:42 adaptive QOS: Changing 1:13 class rate
Mar 10 21:05:42 kernel: HTB: quantum of class 10013 is big. Consider r2q change.
Mar 10 21:05:44 dnsmasq-dhcp[26845]: DHCPINFORM(br0) 192.168.7.171 00:0b:82:9e:1a:a8
Mar 10 21:05:44 dnsmasq-dhcp[26845]: DHCPACK(br0) 192.168.7.171 00:0b:82:9e:1a:a8
Mar 10 21:05:44 adaptive QOS: Changing 1:14 class rate
Mar 10 21:05:46 adaptive QOS: Changing 1:15 class rate
Mar 10 21:05:47 kernel: htb: htb qdisc 13: is non-work-conserving?
Mar 10 21:05:48 adaptive QOS: Changing 1:16 class rate
Mar 10 21:05:49 adaptive QOS: Applying ------ Up Rules
Mar 10 21:05:49 adaptive QOS: Changing 1:17 class rate
Mar 10 21:05:49 adaptive QOS: Applying ---- Down Rules
im using FQ-Codel with a per pacet over head.

no i mean there use to be a message when you put in the 95% value before it said some thing about modfying it, not sure if its because i put it to close to the bandwith values command above it, sorry for not being clear

no i mean there use to be a message when you put in the 95% value before it said some thing about modfying it, not sure if its because i put it to close to the bandwith values command above it, sorry for not being clear

If you put in right after the existing up/down ceil variables, it is working.

i put it like this, shout there be a space?
DownCeil="$(printf "%.0f" $(nvram get qos_ibw))" #Download rate defined in WebUI
UpCeil="$(printf "%.0f" $(nvram get qos_obw))" #Upload rate defined in WebUI
DownCeil="$(expr ${DownCeil} \* 95 / 100)"
UpCeil="$(expr ${UpCeil} \* 95 / 100)"

like this?
DownCeil="$(printf "%.0f" $(nvram get qos_ibw))" #Download rate defined in WebUI

i put it like this, shout there be a space?

like this?

Doesn't matter. Empty lines are ignored.

ok cheers, is there a way to get steam trailers into streaming?, and game trailers on xbox same as game clips appear as xbox not, media player. only the pemotional video for xbox live gold seems to fall under media player so far.

ok cheers, is there a way to get steam trailers into streaming?

Does it make much of a difference if it's file transfer or streaming ......

Both file transfer / streaming are bulk traffic that should be at the bottom of your list.

The way it works is that QOS identifies it as gaming.

We made a custom rule that says if it's "gaming" and coming from 80/443 then it's not really gaming. Most likely it's a download/update.

So we sent it to downloads.

If you want to send it to "streaming" then your game downloads will also end up in streaming.

I think you are being nitpicky for no reason at this point.

Does it make much of a difference if it's file transfer or streaming ......

Both file transfer / streaming are bulk traffic that should be at the bottom of your list.

The way it works is that QOS identifies it as gaming.

We made a custom rule that says if it's "gaming" and coming from 80/443 then it's not really gaming. Most likely it's a download/update.

So we sent it to downloads.

If you want to send it to "streaming" then your game downloads will also end up in streaming.

I think you are being nitpicky for no reason at this point.
so in other words there no way to seprate the game downloads form the video streaming, im just qurious thats all, if it can be done it cant be, all good with me, anyway thank you for the help.

@FreshJR I just installed the new version stable. Works awesome even after a reboot! Thanks man!! Oh I chose option number 1 not sure if that is the red pill or blue pill......:p

so in other words there no way to seprate the game downloads form the video streaming, im just qurious thats all, if it can be done it cant be, all good with me, anyway thank you for the help.

It can potentially be done with an iptables rule. It is complicated and not really something I find worthwhile to pursue since the existing implementation gets it in the right range .

382 fast version working well. I'm just trying to figure out why downloads from apple appstore are still going into video streaming. Other than that it seems to be perfection for me :) In app analyzer its showing the downloads as "iTunes" but data going thru video streaming on the statistics page.

Good morning,,

Just wondering , I went back to 380.69.2 firmware. Am I correct that your new script only runs on 382+ versions of firmware?

Good morning,,

Just wondering , I went back to 380.69.2 firmware. Am I correct that your new script only runs on 382+ versions of firmware?

there is also the legacy .69 version there as well for you! :)

Good morning,,

Yes. For v369 you need to revert to the legacy version. The v382 versions run on v382+

I could of made newer versions backwards compatible but I had enough of testing for towards the end and got lazy.

If there is large demand for one that is compatible with v369 && v382 simultaneously, I may revisit the issue.

It's a minor code change.

Edit: I will probably make a universal one, just because. Just not today.

Last edited:
Cool, thank you for all of your hard work on this script. It really does work and help for a stable connection when there is a lot going on with the network. We were streaming my son was playing fortnight and I was downloading all at the same time with no issues. All of the traffic was going to the appropriate containers

Yes. For v369 you need to revert to the legacy version. The v382 versions run on v382+

I could of made newer versions backwards compatible but I had enough of testing for towards the end and got lazy.

If there is large demand for one that is compatible with v369 && v382 simultaneously, I may revisit the issue.

Maybe its not possible but it seems that the iTunes downloads are identified in analyzer as "iTunes" and deffinitly using either 80/443. There must be a rule in there someplace putting it into video streaming.

Maybe its not possible but it seems that the iTunes downloads are identified in analyzer as "iTunes" and deffinitly using either 80/443. There must be a rule in there someplace putting it into video streaming.

The rule is that iTunes -> Streaming.

You keep being fixated on ports 80/443. Those ports don't matter for anything besides gaming traffic.

I do not want to redirect iTunes away from streaming as mentioned before. Feel free to redirect it for your personal use case if you do not use iTunes services such as Apple Music.

The rule is that iTunes -> Streaming.

You keep being fixated on ports 80/443. Those ports don't matter for anything besides gaming traffic.

I do not want to redirect iTunes away from streaming as mentioned before. Feel free to redirect it for your personal use case if you do not use iTunes services such as Apple Music.

Oh! I didnt realize you specifically didnt want to do that. I actually dont have any apple music use in the house here and actually would like it redirected as to not interfere with netflix usage.

If you could assist with that the new version is perfection! :)

Were there any recent changes incorporated to the legacy script in the last few days ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!