What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry didnt fully understand that.

Theres no need to put it 6 or lower? Because it gets detected anyway at 7?

iTunes was originally streaming.
Pref7 filter question asks "are you streaming"

iTunes traffic would answer yes since it was marked as streaming.

For your redirect to occur basically we have to ask iTunes on the 6th question "are you iTunes" before 7 asks are you streaming.

Yeah sorry I only switch around dport and sport.

Yes the syslog shows applying up and down rules.

That's actually how I found this thread, from Jack's posts regarding NZB rules.

I can't see why it wouldn't be classifying the traffic as downloads.

Make two download rules.
One with sport.
One with dport.
Apply them.
Pm me the output of "tc filter show dev br0"

iTunes was originally streaming.
Pref7 filter question asks "are you streaming"

iTunes traffic would answer yes since it was marked as streaming.

For your redirect to occur basically we have to ask iTunes on the 6th question "are you iTunes" before 7 asks are you streaming.

So your suggesting i put it where? Its uncommon and non critical

Let me first thank you for this fantastic script - it makes Traffic with heavy activity work so much better.

A small suggest for improvement - I have applied the same in my local copy:
For the 1) Compatible Version
I changed the CRON time to 3am:
I believe (I may be wrong) the automatic signature update will require a check run and that automatic update is at 2am every night.

Let me first thank you for this fantastic script - it makes Traffic with heavy activity work so much better.

A small suggest for improvement - I have applied the same in my local copy:
For the 1) Compatible Version
I changed the CRON time to 3am:
I believe (I may be wrong) the automatic signature update will require a check run and that automatic update is at 2am every night.

Nice catch !

Nice catch !

Is this function in the 382fast version? Only reason im asking is i woke up this morning to what appeared to be a firewall restart at 8am which i noticed right away in the logs and i havent determined why yet. May have been a power fluction i cant say as of yet i was sleeping. Thought id mention it

Is this function in the 382fast version? Only reason im asking is i woke up this morning to what appeared to be a firewall restart at 8am which i noticed right away in the logs and i havent determined why yet. May have been a power fluction i cant say as of yet i was sleeping. Thought id mention it

No, that version does not need a persistence check.
Firewall-restart can happen for many reasons.

I didnt think so but mentioned it anyway incase it might jogyour memory of any unintentional testing lines in there :)

This is all working soo perfectly now im like excited about it :)

@FreshJR

Maybe a silly question but if we want to use the compatible version we don't need the fakeTC file anymore and only the QOS_compat file?

Compatible version is only one file.

Update from beta into either one of two releases. Fast version is two files.

Can your script be used on 384? If not, are there any plans to update? Thanks!

I've encountered an issue @FreshJR running 382fast. script working flawlessly all day like a dream. before bed I power cycled router because I hadn't done it yet and wanted to make sure and I got errors like crazy in the logs and script wouldn't work. if I rm the init/firewall starts and then run install it ran correctly after. This morning after closer examination ive noticed the commands in init/firewall start are as follows are these correct?

Code:
ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC3100 384.4-beta2 Mon Mar  5 21:31:04 UTC 2018
admin@Asus:/tmp/home/root# cat /jffs/scripts/firewall-start
#!/bin/sh
/jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -start &
admin@Asus:/tmp/home/root# cat /jffs/scripts/init-start
#!/bin/sh
/jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -start -coldboot &
admin@Asus:/tmp/home/root#

***UPDATE***

decided to test out the compatible version so i've made my additions and testing it now instead. Installed smoothly :)

Last edited:
Pls assist me!!!
I really don't understanding situation like now. Let's me explain:
Router Asus RT87U, Firmware Asus-Merlin 384 beta3
FreshJR beta8 worked fine for gaming rules. All unidentified traffic went throw gaming rule.
But last stable release getting me out of mind. The problem that for downloading gaming traffic going to other but for upload going as must to be. I got clear gaming rule and iptables rule, assigned my ip and get static in my router settings.
Any guru please help!!!

Hey Fresh noticed the gaming rules is only 3 lines now is this for gaming version also?

Yes the new rules are current recommendation for all.

3 lines for download
4 lines for upload

See my response to @Fenix, 1 more update needed

I've encountered an issue @FreshJR nd I got errors like crazy in the logs and script wouldn't work

Yes those were correct. If something happens, PM a copy of the logs so I can see the preceding steps.
Without those I cannot do anything.

Pls assist me!!!
FreshJR beta8 worked fine for gaming rules. All unidentified traffic went throw gaming rule.

There was an issue with the gaming rules.
(The prio was set to the wrong number for the rule that was commented out)
I updated all 3 version of the script.

Update and try again. Should be fixed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!