What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah for most of the games the updates will take place at the Game clients not in the game itself.

I have never played WOW, but if I dont misunderstood for your case. WOW updates take place in game right? that should be hard to manage.

Hope you will find the solution soon bro.
I suspect most of the battlenet games work that way because they can update while you play. Uses the same ports etc i think

Which is fine except you want the game highet priority than lets say netflix so its smooth but if theres an update you could technically choke out netflix but i havent seen that happen yet. Could also choke out entire network if set too high

Thank you Sinner and FreshJR
I got it, but Can you tell me how to know the port of traffic coming in and out?

I still got the problem with downloading game from Valve Stream while watching all streaming sites.

if its set correctly then it should be fine since I can download torrent while playing game and watching Twtich or Youtube just fine.

Last edited:
This was in on the first page.

Fix your QOS upload/download limits according to instructions. This was also on the first page.

Sorry, I didnt read carefully.
I have already reduced my limit to like 75% of my non throttled speed already but still the problem persisted.
From downloading and updating the games for both Epic Games and Valve Steam

oh I have just noticed that the traffic that coming in and out while downloading are not through the Valve Stream, Epic Games and or even General at all, but all the traffic are identified as "http protocol over tls ssl"
which is appear in db as this

HTTP Protocol over TLS SSL
Cat: Web
Mark: 0x8013005e 0xc03fffff
Prio: 21

Is it relevant? I don't quite understand since it should work base on the my webUI priority that streaming > web .

Its weird, since watching streaming site while downloading BitTorrent is fine. All the bandwidth is used so no different in term of bandwidth utilization. And I also set the limit at 95% as well.

Last edited:
oh I have just noticed that the traffic that coming in and out while downloading are "http protocol over tls ssl"

Is it relevant? I don't quite understand since it should work base on the my webUI priority that streaming > web .

Your gaming is coming in as encrypted https traffic. This is scenario (3) I mentioned in my previous post with “Web” being the destination.

As to why streaming is lagging:

1) Your streaming video and the game download are both be identified as "Web" and then they are fighting each other for bandwidth available in the "Web" category.

OR

2) You have a low total download. With this script, if the video is properly identified as streaming, it should have 30% of your download speed always available (reserved) for video streaming.

What is your total download speed, and take a look at where traffic is going in both "App Analysis & QOS Statistics"

Last edited:
Your gaming is coming in as encrypted https traffic. This is scenario (3) I mentioned in my previous post with “Web” being the destination.

As to why streaming is lagging:

1) Your streaming video and the game download are both be identified as "Web" and then they are fighting each other for bandwidth available in the "Web" category.

OR

2) You have a low total download. With this script, if the video is properly identified as streaming, it should have 30% of your download speed always available (reserved) for video streaming.

What is your total download speed, and take a look at where traffic is going in both "App Analysis & QOS Statistics"

Oh right, the 3 scenarios from your first reply to me sorry I totally forgot that.

Still, the traffic from both Youtube and Twtich.tv are identified correctly coming right through the app in webUI.

And my download rate is 100mb/s , it should be fine right?
upload is 30mb/s, I am on stock fw, and my gateway is 192.168.2.1 btw if these somehow related.

Hmmm, It seem to work just fine now, I dont know what I did wrong or something gone wrong during my test. but its fine now bro thank you very much to helping until this point FreshJR.
Just some more question though.
1. I am curious that if merin-fw will have some advantage over stock in term of using your script? should I use merlin-fw if I my main focus is the make adaptive qos + your script at the full performance at possible
2. Does WTFast is really worked, should I use it with you script?

1). Yes RMerlin has many advantages. (Better performance with fq-codel and have the script auto launch after changing settings since stock firmware only has boot trigger and daily check to run the script).

2) no idea on wtfast. I don’t use it, but different routes offered by the service do have potential for better performance if your isps route is congested.

Hmmm, It seem to work just fine now, I dont know what I did wrong or something gone wrong during my test. but its fine now bro thank you very much to helping until this point FreshJR.
1. I am curious that if merin-fw will have some advantage over stock in term of using your script? should I use merlin-fw if I my main focus is the make adaptive qos + your script at the full performance at possible

Wtfast is a gimmick VPN service I'd you watch the video by battle nonsense it's quite pointless, also RMerlin remove it in non HND models due to incompatibility issues with an update to another component.

The battle nonese video.

Thank you for the video. I decided to update to Merlin.

Unfortunately, the problem with those game clients causing lag to streaming sites came back. All I have done are just flash Merlin Fw and swap to fq-codel with 0 overhead. Nothing else has changed at all.
Does anyone here have some similar problem?

Many advantages to merlin fw. Its based on stock with added features and lots of bug fixes but the adition of fq-codel to the qos funtions greatly improve its functionality for gaming/voip and other less data intensive but high ping sensitive stuff. Also based on the numbers you posted previously i have a suspician you set you upload/download to advertised speeds. Id recomend running a few speed tests with qos off and then set those to approx 90 % of the avg of those results. The reason for this is qos needs to be the bottleneck controlling your connection fully.

DSL cable or Fiber?
Just for setting over head to see if it helps.

Yeah currently it’s 95%, I tried to reduced it to 75% but problem persisted.
I will tried to set overhead, which one should I exactly use from those PPPoEs.
Pppoe overhead is only 8 try lowering bandwidth to 90%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!