What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soo keen for the script update, that works with the new release of Merlin.

Have we lost our thread starter??
Probably he has Irl stuff to do. But I've been wondering the same thing, I pmed him but I got no reply.

Last edited:
Hello!!

So I just installed this script on the basis that it all sounded very sensible and in the hope it might fix/help an issue I am having with classifying RTP packets. Sadly it did not...(yet)

I am a Telecoms Consultant so I make a lot of VoIP calls (for testing etc) from my softphone on my laptop. I have at any one time ~20 SIP accounts configured.

I can see the router is classifying the SIP packets correctly, however, the actual RTP stream (the bit you really want to classify as VoIP) is ending up in Default!

Now having read over the script before I installed it, I wasn't expecting it to magically identify them as VoIP - but I was kinda expecting them to move to Other?
I ran the script manually when they were still going in Default and it didn't look pretty - reporting various syntax errors - https://pastebin.com/3AMrTJfP
Any suggestions? I haven't attempted to debug it at all yet... (it's 3am and I'm ready for bed!)

The proper solution I guess is a new signature file which allows for deep packet inspection to find the RTP packets on any port. I'm stuck on signature v2.002 (having upgraded to Merlin 382.1 and that has an issue with sig updates - maybe 382.1 also breaks this script?). I don't suppose anyone knows if I'm in luck and a newer signature file fixes the RTP classification?

My best answer for now, and it's really not ideal, is to set rules (much like the WiFi Calling ones) which lock onto specific IP/Port Range on my laptop and class them as VoIP.
The issue is my softphone of choice has the port range as random by default, and the only way to set it is per account (so I'd have to remember to set it every time I re-configure an account).

Sorry for the long post and many thanks in advance for any help!

Just seen 382.1 is known to not work.

I'm more than happy to have a go at fixing it if our OP is busy/AWOL?

Maybe @RMerlin can publish the new category/structures or point me at the bit of source code I can find this out from in order to amend the script to match?

Hello!!

So I just installed this script on the basis that it all sounded very sensible and in the hope it might fix/help an issue I am having with classifying RTP packets. Sadly it did not...(yet)

I am a Telecoms Consultant so I make a lot of VoIP calls (for testing etc) from my softphone on my laptop. I have at any one time ~20 SIP accounts configured.

I can see the router is classifying the SIP packets correctly, however, the actual RTP stream (the bit you really want to classify as VoIP) is ending up in Default!

Now having read over the script before I installed it, I wasn't expecting it to magically identify them as VoIP - but I was kinda expecting them to move to Other?
I ran the script manually when they were still going in Default and it didn't look pretty - reporting various syntax errors - https://pastebin.com/3AMrTJfP
Any suggestions? I haven't attempted to debug it at all yet... (it's 3am and I'm ready for bed!)

The proper solution I guess is a new signature file which allows for deep packet inspection to find the RTP packets on any port. I'm stuck on signature v2.002 (having upgraded to Merlin 382.1 and that has an issue with sig updates - maybe 382.1 also breaks this script?). I don't suppose anyone knows if I'm in luck and a newer signature file fixes the RTP classification?

My best answer for now, and it's really not ideal, is to set rules (much like the WiFi Calling ones) which lock onto specific IP/Port Range on my laptop and class them as VoIP.
The issue is my softphone of choice has the port range as random by default, and the only way to set it is per account (so I'd have to remember to set it every time I re-configure an account).

Sorry for the long post and many thanks in advance for any help!
Just create a custom rule in the script, also it does not work on 382.1

Just seen 382.1 is known to not work.

I'm more than happy to have a go at fixing it if our OP is busy/AWOL?

Maybe @RMerlin can publish the new category/structures or point me at the bit of source code I can find this out from in order to amend the script to match?
Reads the first post

Reads the first post

What do you mean? I’ve obviously read the first post in detail, but it doesn’t say where the OP is, or where in the AsusWRT 382 source code I might find the QOS area of interest...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adaptive QoS is closed source. There's no source code to refer to, best you can do is browse the bwdpi files created in /tmp while it's running. One of them is the categories configuration, identified by numbers.

What do you mean? I’ve obviously read the first post in detail, but it doesn’t say where the OP is, or where in the AsusWRT 382 source code I might find the QOS area of interest...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I meant for the category structure, anything else you would need not pad++
To mod the script.

Adaptive QoS is closed source. There's no source code to refer to, best you can do is browse the bwdpi files created in /tmp while it's running. One of them is the categories configuration, identified by numbers.
I'm still trying to work out what in 382 breaks the script from working and if it's just a directory that needs to be changed in the script or something that needs to be added in order to get it working again, while we wait for freshjr to return.

i wonder if it works now on merlins test build

i wonder if it works now on merlins test build

Screenshot_1.jpg

I can see logs from the script, QoS working better in release 382.1 (and 382.1_1) in my opinion but it as you can see script can't send default to others.

what are your logs like is there any paid app errors?

what are your logs like is there any paid app errors?

I don't see any logs like "paid app".

I mean I still see the older logs of the script like;

Code:
Adaptive QOS: Modification Script Started
Adaptive QOS: No change required for Unidentified Traffic Container or Custom Rules
Adaptive QOS: Changing minimum alloted bandwidth per QOS category to user defined percentages

I don't see any logs like "paid app".

I mean I still see the older logs of the script like;

Code:
Adaptive QOS: Modification Script Started
Adaptive QOS: No change required for Unidentified Traffic Container or Custom Rules
Adaptive QOS: Changing minimum alloted bandwidth per QOS category to user defined percentages
ahh so merlin must have fixed it

ahh so merlin must have fixed it

to be honest, I've never seen that "paid app" logs and I think I was one of the first who installed 382 releases, so I don't know why I didn't see them or if merlin have fixed them or not :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.