What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I set an static ip to my Ps4. Antoher question. Shall I disable NAT-acceleration when QoS is on?
Just leave it as is it will automatically disable one level if QoS is on.

I lowered the % at streaming and feelt an improvement. Shall I lower it a lil bit more?

Attachments

• qOs.PNG
    qOs.PNG
    185.3 KB · Views: 339
I might have solved my issue for good now. When testing my speed at fast.com I see it goes as streaming category. Having it at 85/85 gives me huge latency around 130, by limiting around 50% gives me much lower latency around 3-6. I might test it wired, looks like the problem is wifi is causing bufferbloat on higher speed. I have played around with the QOS and according toastman he also says above 80% gives lag, around 66% is good and for him 50% was most responsive. I have tested it by myself and I agree, the results are better around 50%-66% then above 85%.

I might have solved my issue for good now. When testing my speed at fast.com I see it goes as streaming category. Having it at 85/85 gives me huge latency around 130, by limiting around 50% gives me much lower latency around 3-6. I might test it wired, looks like the problem is wifi is causing bufferbloat on higher speed. I have played around with the QOS and according toastman he also says above 80% gives lag, around 66% is good and for him 50% was most responsive. I have tested it by myself and I agree, the results are better around 50%-66% then above 85%.
Sounds to me like you have a high level of interfereance which band at you using 2.4 or 5ghz also check the router CPU and ram usage during these major spikes.

If not it's possible that it's the router itself.

Cpu seems fine, I have to check it later, its not more then 15% for sure. Ram is 48-49%

Im using 5ghz at channel 116, disabled 2.4ghz because its gives me more buffer. I know its a tool i can check what wifi channel is optimal. Might check that out later

Cpu seems fine, I have to check it later, its not more then 15% for sure. Ram is 48-49%

Im using 5ghz at channel 116, disabled 2.4ghz because its gives me more buffer. I know its a tool i can check what wifi channel is optimal. Might check that out later
Inssider or wifi analyser.

can you elaborate on how add IPV6 rules to the script? Step by step for a noob? THanks!!!

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I made a post earier in this thread that gives the basic format, which still works under the current version:

You have to edit the /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS script yourself. After you ssh into the router, you can use the built-in nano text editor as such:
Code:
nano -wt /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS

Put the download rules in this section:
Code:
        ##DOWNLOAD (INCOMMING TRAFFIC) CUSTOM RULES START HERE  -- legacy method

Put any upload rules in this section:

Code:
        ##UPLOAD (OUTGOING TRAFFIC) CUSTOM RULES START HERE  -- legacy method

As you look at the FreshJR_QOS script, you will get an idea of what the basic layout is. As long as you only need to make rules for specific IP addresses or ports, you will find examples already in the script that you can mimic. If you need a solution a little more custom than that, you may need to hit your favorite search engine for help with ip6tables, but there are also other members of the community that may be able to provide some guidance with specific rules.

Then utorrent is started is make 2-3Kper/sec connections, and log has event
or error: kernel: htb too many connection!
Probably is quantum error asus QoS module. Any idea how to fix it problem with freshjr script or waiting when asus solve this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!