What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! What's the solution if I end up with more than 4 additional rules which appears will fill up all the available slots?
You can actually add iptables rules into the script itself when you have enough experience with how it works. Look for this section in the script when that time comes. Or give the cat a chance if you're not ready. ;)
Code:
####################  MODIFY BELOW WITH CAUTION   #####################
#
### IF YOU MANUALLY ADD RULES TO AREA BELOW THEN KEEP IN MIND THAT YOUR CHANGES WILL TAKE EFFECT BUT WILL NOT BE REFLECTED UNDER THE TRACKED CONNECTIONS SECTION OF THE WEBUI.
### FOR HARDCODED CHANGES TO BE REFLECTED IN TRACKED CONNECTIONS SECTION OF THE WEBUI THEN YOU ALSO HAVE TO MODIFY THE CORRESPONDING JAVASCRIPT CODE IN /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QoS_Stats.asp
### INSTEAD OF HARDCODED CHANGES (legacy method) YOU CAN USE THE SCRIPTS -RULES COMMAND OR ENTER THE WEBUI PAGE FOR CREATING RULES AND THOSE CHANGES WILL BE REFLECTED IN THE TRACKED CONNECTIONS TABLE.
#

I'm somewhat surprised snbforums hasn't added an addons subfolder and placed all these type threads in them or mark the threads with an icon in the subject so they stand out from the usual questions. Thanks for the replies. While I'm not ready to write my own iptable rules I'll read back and browse the ones yall already came up with. So far I've used only two of the rules. Setting the ip for an obihai voip device to voip and the one setting the ip for a docker host with destination of 119 or 583 to file download. I'm not a gamer at all. If all else fails I'll modify that "gaming ip" rule to set to voip and free up a rule that way.

A question for the pro's......I have several linux machines that download system updates as well as use command line tools like wget and curl to download large files including multiple gigabyte iso's....yet currently all this traffic is treated as web browsing. If I was to configure a web proxy on a specific ip address would I be able to setup all outgoing traffic from that ip to be "file download" or is there a better method to capture these?

I'm seeing this in my logs: "QOS: Scheduled Persistence Check -> Reapplying Changes"

Is that new? I've never seen that before.

Just Installed on RT-AC88U
Is it normal to have this "!" between some options as
....-m multiport ! --dports 80,443.... (line 162 and below)

It shows port range like this in the interface => !80:443 so this is why I am asking
I am not a spceialist in scripting but looking at the other lines, you do not use any "!"

Just Installed on RT-AC88U
Is it normal to have this "!" between some options as
....-m multiport ! --dports 80,443.... (line 162 and below)

It shows port range like this in the interface => !80:443 so this is why I am asking
I am not a spceialist in scripting but looking at the other lines, you do not use any "!"

Yes that is normal. The ! character means invert the match.

Hello Folks, I was looking at the sorting in the freshjr and it seems tweaked more to voip and gaming. I may have missed it (long thread) but can someone provide how to tweak things for streaming and VPN?

is that something I have to script and how? By the way, I’d need commands or sample to be able to do this (savvy enough to set up ssh, diversion, skynet, etc. but needed the instructions).

much appreciated...

Disregard this please. I installed things but didn't noticed the customize on the top of the classifications page.

I'm trying out new speeds thru comcast (600/15mbps). Would you say adaptive qos is not required for these speeds?

I'm trying out new speeds thru comcast (600/15mbps). Would you say adaptive qos is not required for these speeds?

I think you still need it because your Upload is constrained to 15mbps, which is (no offense) pathetic!

I believe that in cases of SYMMETRIC high-speed connections (i.e. 1Gbps up / 1Gbps down) then you don't need QoS.
I think it is still very useful for ASYMMETRIC connections.

Hope that helps.

BTW I am curious how your RT-AC86U's CPU is handling that high speed? How is the CPU usage during multi-tasking, multiple downloads, etc.?

Anyone here still have the old freshjr fast script option and steps for installing? I don't why but it seems those scripts worked better than the most current version out.

I wanted to add SFTP to the QoS and now just realized that the Classification Tab does not show up! What gives? Firmware is 380.70.

upload_2019-12-4_13-30-15.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!