What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on 17 and i just installed it with your given command
Code:
curl "
Though before installing, i uninstalled freshjr before installing yours and it installed absolutely fine on 17

I had this described issue with freshjr script as well, as not starting itself after reboot, please see my logs
Behavior of the develop branch script is untested by me on 384.17 (“I only regret that I have but one router to test for my community.”). You should reinstall from the master branch to make sure the new changes aren’t breaking the older QoS setup.
Code:
curl "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dave14305/FreshJR_QOS/master/FreshJR_QOS.sh" -o /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS --create-dirs && curl "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dave14305/FreshJR_QOS/master/FreshJR_QoS_Stats.asp" -o /jffs/scripts/www_FreshJR_QoS_Stats.asp && sh /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -install

Your logs don’t show enough detail about why firewall-start is called multiple times. Skynet also seems to be running for a long time as well, so maybe it’s related. Hard to say without more log detail.

Behavior of the develop branch script is untested by me on 384.17 (“I only regret that I have but one router to test for my community.”). You should reinstall from the master branch to make sure the new changes aren’t breaking the older QoS setup.
Code:
curl "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dave14305/FreshJR_QOS/master/FreshJR_QOS.sh" -o /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS --create-dirs && curl "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dave14305/FreshJR_QOS/master/FreshJR_QoS_Stats.asp" -o /jffs/scripts/www_FreshJR_QoS_Stats.asp && sh /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -install

Your logs don’t show enough detail about why firewall-start is called multiple times. Skynet also seems to be running for a long time as well, so maybe it’s related. Hard to say without more log detail.
Your hint about skynet helped me out
Cross checked firewall-start script and found discrepancy of "SH" not in place
Solved , Thanks alot ;):)

@dave14305 once u decide on a name for sure maybe its time to start new thread with your own instructions and download procedure etc. I sense some confusions building =p. Maybe if you cant a mod can edit freshs 1st post with a reference/link to it as well for the time being until hopefully fresh returns

@dave14305
Dnsover tls (port 853) still going through Downloads category on your latest beta 3.
I manually created that rule to handle it (and I also put port 123 for ntp)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200607-111915511.png
    Screenshot_20200607-111915511.png
    139.6 KB · Views: 130
  • Screenshot_20200607-112132103_1.jpg
    Screenshot_20200607-112132103_1.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 135
@dave14305
Dnsover tls (port 853) still going through Downloads category on your latest beta 3.

@dave14305
True, I have made no changes yet regarding this. I want to figure out if there was a better reason for FreshJR to reassign categories 19 and 20 (Net Control) to Web Surfing than to just redirect via iptables any port 80/443 traffic matching the Net Control category marks. It’s been a fundamental part of the script forever, so I’m not decided yet how to deal with it. So a custom rule would be correct for now. If you’re running out of iptables rule slots, you can just make an appdb rule for the DoT mark 1400c5 since ports 53 and 123 are correctly marked by Adaptive QoS.

set bandwidth to 95%, both up and down.
Whats the best way of setting this up in qos settings i mean what needs to be configured? Thanks

Whats the best way of setting this up in qos settings i mean what needs to be configured? Thanks
There is a rule that can be added, that freshjr gave me I can pm you the instructions that can automatically set the bandwidth to 95% of the GUI values which helps if you change them, aslo make sure you are using manual bandwidth and FQ-Codel, the bandwidth values you get are form a speed test.

Per packet overhead is set based on your connection type.

There is a rule that can be added, that freshjr gave me I can pm you the instructions that can automatically set the bandwidth to 95% of the GUI values which helps if you change them, aslo make sure you are using manual bandwidth and FQ-Codel, the bandwidth values you get are form a speed test.

Per packet overhead is set based on your connection type.
Thanks, that would really help :)

would i set adaptive qos etc i'm on ppoe vdsl

True, I have made no changes yet regarding this. I want to figure out if there was a better reason for FreshJR to reassign categories 19 and 20 (Net Control) to Web Surfing than to just redirect via iptables any port 80/443 traffic matching the Net Control category marks. It’s been a fundamental part of the script forever, so I’m not decided yet how to deal with it. So a custom rule would be correct for now. If you’re running out of iptables rule slots, you can just make an appdb rule for the DoT mark 1400c5 since ports 53 and 123 are correctly marked by Adaptive QoS.

on this it might be good to confirm theyre still 19/20. they bumped a few priorities in the appdb and I haven't yet checked this myself but its on my bucketlist.

They probably still are as I haven't noticed any irregularities in the traffic in netcontrol but this is my issue as they update the appdb we may or may not require these rules down the road. if I were making this script id focus more on the webui and less hardcoded. have them editable there for easy testing etc.

Last edited:
Code:
/jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -update
There was no version number change, so choose to force the update when prompted.

Thanks,

But could you please let us know briefly what are the changes thats been made prior to the firmware update and as well FreshJRs work?

How should we expect this new tweaks to work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.