What's new

Remote logging on Asus-AC88U with Merlin 384.16

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SynoDyne

New Around Here
I'd like to send logs generated on the router to a remote server, however I'm not seeing any options in the WebGUI to set such server. It's worth noting I have Amtm with Scribe installed along other addons i.e., Diversion and Skynet. I'm guessing said option was removed/is unavailable with some particular addon(s) installed.

The missing field in WebGUI is usually available under Administration -> System OR System Log -> General Log

IS there actually a way to send logs to a remote server if the tab in WebGUI is missing? Maybe by editing a file or something like that?

Device: AC88U on Merlin 384.16

vBdOEZu.png

AMTM 3.1.7

rxdtoyL.png

uiScribe hides those fields because, hey, you’re running syslog-ng from Scribe. Can’t have it both ways. See if you can do what you want with syslog-ng configuration.

uiScribe hides those fields because, hey, you’re running syslog-ng from Scribe. Can’t have it both ways. See if you can do what you want with syslog-ng configuration.

Fair enough. Was trying to consolidate logs from multiple network devices to a single server. Played with the syslog-ng.conf, no dice. - Thank you for the hint on which file I should look at.

Btw I like Scribe.