What's new

reset iptables back to default a custom firewall script

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

the_new_guy

New Around Here
Greetings. Any guidance would be much appreciated. First, the TLDR;

I ended up manually altering the iptables, chains and rules of my 68r and would like to reset them back to default if possible.

The original;

To try and make a long story short, they were altered for OpenVPN, trying to setup a PIA VPN bridged between my Xbox1 and imac. A lot of changes were made based on other's advice and now I'm not comfortable with my settings. I also installed Optware but have since reset the router back to default (asus firmware from merlin). Only thing is my iptables look suspicious now because I'm not using a custom firewall script or any start scripts. My internet speed has also dropped even tho my ISP says everything is fine. The modem log says that the DHCP failed and the Primary lease has failed. Those are constant errors that are showing up.

Can anyone help me out with a firewall script that flushes and deletes everything first, resets the policies, only allows logins to ssh, telnet, ftp and other important ports from local ip's only (192.168.1.0/24), allows outgoing traffic from local to anywhere, forwards traffic from xbox live (88, 3074) to only 192.168.1.75 and from that ip to xbox live. I would like to log ACCEPT and DROP packets to and from the router. I would like to drop all ipv6 packets as well in those tables. I originally setup my system to use ipv6 but since disabled it. Just to be sure, drop everything...

I would also like to implement merlin's ipset script to block countries and others. I saw a neat-o script called portspoofing. Can this be implemented as well. I think it would seriously cut down on the attacks that show up primarily because of the xbox1.

Other than that, everything else can be dropped as far as I know. Is this doable and considered more secure? Thanks ahead for anyone's advice.

I want to clarify that I know that I can reset the iptables back to default using the filter.default script in the tmp folder but is there a way to verify that the default script hasn't been tampered with and is what it should be?

Disregard my post. I didn't realize the NVRAM hadn't completely reset when I first tried it which kept the old settings. All is good now.