What's new

Restore just OpenVPN to factory default?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

martinr

Part of the Furniture
Is there a way to "flush" all the OpenVPN settings and keys back to factory default (so I can start afresh) without having to restore the router itself to factory default?

Code:
 nvram show | grep ^vpn | cut -d"=" -f1 | xargs nvram unset

Now that the Openvpn certs and keys have been moved to the jffs partition, what changes would need to be made to this code?

Also, when I log in to my router, using Putty, I'm in the /tmp/home/root directory; do I need to change directory before executing the code?

(When I try this, I get "-sh: xargs: not found"; is that because I need to install Entware first?)

Many thanks.

(When I try this, I get "-sh: xargs: not found"; is that because I need to install Entware first?)
I didn't noticed xargs isn't a part of firmware, sorry. You need to install Entware first.
Now that the Openvpn certs and keys have been moved to the jffs partition, what changes would need to be made to this code?
As for me, I've configured all setting from scratch after flashing .55.

As for me, I've configured all setting from scratch after flashing .55.

Many thanks. That sounds like an excellent plan, and whilst it's a fair bit of work, I find, firstly, it forces me to update my screenshot folder with all the settings, and, secondly, I re-familiarise myself with all the tabs and pages in the GUI, as well as discovering new ones or new settings, and also question the functions of existing ones that I previously took for granted or glossed over.

Thanks again for your kind help.

Martin