What's new

Revert process and free memory

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

elyl

Occasional Visitor
Getting this error repeatedly in my system logs on an AX-86U:

Jun 11 00:51:43 BWDPI: [BWHIS] Revert process and free memory (pid=6253)
Jun 11 00:51:48 BWDPI: [BWHIS] Revert process and free memory (pid=6583)
Jun 11 00:53:57 BWDPI: [BWHIS] Revert process and free memory (pid=6959)
Jun 11 00:56:06 BWDPI: [BWHIS] Revert process and free memory (pid=7282)
Jun 11 00:58:16 BWDPI: [BWHIS] Revert process and free memory (pid=7720)
Jun 11 01:00:26 BWDPI: [BWHIS] Revert process and free memory (pid=8098)

I've noticed a few times in the past few days that the router has just restarted unexplainedly. Logs before it restarts are all like this. Logs after a reboot are mostly normal looking, until eventually this is all that appears in the logs every couple of minutes.

Running 388.2_2, no add-ons, no USB.

Hi, I have seen the same messages and after some hours my AX88U just die and I have to reboot it manually.

I tried SSHing into the router and checked ps to see which pid was terminating. It seems like whatever processes that are terminating are spawning just before they are terminating, as the ps list didn't include the pid of the terminating processes. I had to keep doing a ps every few seconds until the matching log in the router, then I found a matching process.

It appears to be the Web History in QoS that is causing the problem. I have had this turned on for more than a year without any problems, until this recent firmware, and do not want to turn it off as I like to be able to see what type of callbacks IoT stuff on my network is making. I guess I'll rollback to an earlier firmware... would be good to get a root cause on this and a potential fix or workaround short of disabling.

IIRC - this is TrendMicro and it running into some memory pressure - using more RAM that it likely should.

After enough time, the rest of the router tasks run out of RAM, and things stop working.

IIRC - this is TrendMicro and it running into some memory pressure - using more RAM that it likely should.

After enough time, the rest of the router tasks run out of RAM, and things stop working.

Yeah, reverting to 386.7_2 seems to resolve, so appears to have been introduced in 388.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!