What's new

ROG Rapture AC-2900 Slow Download, Normal Upload

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

danachan66

New Around Here
Got this strange issue where I get very low Download speed but the Upload speed is normal in both wired and wireless. Even more strange is its only happens when i do speedtest to Singapore MyRepublic ISP but normal speed(both download and upload) when I speedtest to ISPs in my country. Stranger is that the issue come and go, the issue will cause download speed to slow down for like 5-10minutes then it get back to normal speed, and it mostly happen from around 8pm.
Read the forum about QoS, Open Nat, AiProtection, IPv6, may causing the issue so I disabled all of them, do a factory reset, reconfig everything and the issue is still there.
Call my ISP and got them to replace their Huawei router and the issue still there.
I am so lost right now, I don't know what to check anymore, please help, I don't know if its my ISP to blame or my AC-2900 has broken tho I only been using it for a year.