What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Netflix is working here off FireStick, VPN is working also, Dual Wan

Any disconnects? Is the log loaded ? Speed of clients?

CC
the usual disconnections in the log, I’ve been deal with that since the last FW, but despite the log shows disconnections, I don’t observe lost of connection on the devices logged as disconnected or speed drops

After finish updated, the only thing I did do was manually reboot the router and all network devices
I’ve manage my selfaddress issues a long time ago tunning my wifi settings and the tri-band smartconnectrules

Last edited:
I reset router, installed the new firmware, did another reset and manually applied my settings.
Running perfectly!

CC

I think found the main cause in logs of the ethernals WLCEVENTD association and disassoc. It’s QoS in adaptive mode, since I’ve changed to traditional mode all messages disappeared

Great find, I just changed and my log is blank now!

CC

No devices connecting at 5GHz1, anyone with the same issue?
Are you using SmartConnect? If so, try without it and use different SSIDs for each band.

SmartConnect was the main reason I bought this router and no matter what, it's been garbage. (putting all devices on one band, leaving the other unused; frequent device disconnects; preventing devices from reconnecting; constant channel-changing; failing to bridge)

I just upgraded my router to gt 5300. It seems has a problem like that I can not cast my YouTube yo my Samsung TV. Is anyone has this issue

I just upgraded my router to gt 5300. It seems has a problem like that I can not cast my YouTube yo my Samsung TV. Is anyone has this issue
no, but I'm in contact with their support about this insane log issues
Jan 28 20:30:54 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(458): eth6: Deauth_ind deviceXXX, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3)

no, but I'm in contact with their support about this insane log issues
Jan 28 20:30:54 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(458): eth6: Deauth_ind deviceXXX, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3)
It is so weird. I plugged my Samsung TV to the Ethernet or 5G_2, and it is working fine. But it is not working in 5G_1. Do you think the 5G_1 running in low channel and causing the problem. Shield tv is working fine in any case.

It is so weird. I plugged my Samsung TV to the Ethernet or 5G_2, and it is working fine. But it is not working in 5G_1. Do you think the 5G_1 running in low channel and causing the problem. Shield tv is working fine in any case.
My devices refuses to stay connect on my 5G1, but when they bounce to 5G2, I can’t observe any issue. I’ll latter today test if it is related to auto channel turned on.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!