What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What is max wan-lan speed when you turn fresh two-way ips on ?
I saw Synology RT2600ac only can handle 70Mbps with 1.7Ghz, 2 cores when IPS mode. (600Mbps when IDS mode)
How about Ai-Protection's IPS ?

I wrote to ASUS support last week and got the following email response. Looks more like a canned answer...
===========================================================
Form :techsupport@asus.com
Sent : 2017-07-24 21:32:21
Gerald N., L1, 5:26 AM 7/25/2017 MNL

Troubleshooting Steps/Solution:
-Tell the customer that our experts are keep enhancing the firmware

===============================================================
I told them turning on the feature options like QOS causes the router to lockup or just quit forwarding traffic under the code 3.0.0.4.382.12184 release June 2017. Perhaps I will give this beta code a trial run.

No worries ill test it out for you haha!

Iv used almost every beta that appeared on that website with no issues.

Something new i found in the firmware.
Can you please post that file somehow.. I can't download from that site.

So my file transfer speeds (LAN) went down to 15MB sec again. Now I'm getting those Its a paid app QOS entries in the log. Also I have a CPU 1 PID: Comm: by_center_tainted error, never seen that one before.

Ill reboot and see if it fixes it. The learning curve for asus on the new chipset seems a bit high atm.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

So I loaded up the China Beta GT-AC5300_9.0.0.4_382_15431-g7834041 late yesterday afternoon and did some heavy gaming over the last 12+ hours via the PS4 and tablets. With all the gaming QOS and features finally turned on, the router only dropped one session on the PS4. Much better than what the latest 6/9 release is able to do. I did see the Alexa link in the OS. Not sure why a person would need that per you do not change a router that often once installed. Perhaps for the various gaming options if you want to move from game to game using the vpn service. I don't own Alexa so I did not test that feature out.

Reactions: eJC
So I loaded up the China Beta GT-AC5300_9.0.0.4_382_15431-g7834041 late yesterday afternoon and did some heavy gaming over the last 12+ hours via the PS4 and tablets. With all the gaming QOS and features finally turned on, the router only dropped one session on the PS4. Much better than what the latest 6/9 release is able to do. I did see the Alexa link in the OS. Not sure why a person would need that per you do not change a router that often once installed.

Thanks for giving me the confidence to give it a try. I haven’t had the same problems as others, but I don’t mind trying beta software. I think I’d like to try the Alexa voice commands to activate and deactivate guest networks (I don’t like to leave them up when they aren’t needed.

So that beta code appears to be much more what I would have expected from ASUS. Still working. A slightly newer version has surfaced however I have yet to find the forum link for it.

I have been reading the various pages in China Forum and happened upon this one about next ASUS ROG router coming very soon. The 10 GB ROG GT-AC9600 http://www.52asus.com/thread-3890-1-1.html

So that beta code appears to be much more what I would have expected from ASUS. Still working. A slightly newer version has surfaced however I have yet to find the forum link for it.

I have been reading the various pages in China Forum and happened upon this one about next ASUS ROG router coming very soon. The 10 GB ROG GT-AC9600 http://www.52asus.com/thread-3890-1-1.html

Sweet lord, give me strength! Sounds like a complete beast! finally Asus with a 10GB router!

Sweet lord, give me strength! Sounds like a complete beast! finally Asus with a 10GB router!

Looks like all the ports are 10G.. not only that.. Dual Socket..

Chrome translation of that site:

In addition to the network configuration is strong, the hardware is also very luxurious, GT-AC9600 will have two CPU , you are not wrong is two! Two sets of memory and two sets of flash memory, two USB 3.0 , and enterprise-class wireless router BRT-AC828 will have an M.2 SSD solid-state hard disk interface . It is assumed that the two CPUs will be used to drive the "10GU" LAN port and provide high-speed transmission for the SSD.
CPU 1 is Annpurna Labs Alpine AL5140, 1.
7GHz quad-core processor CPU 2 for the Quantenna QT10GU, 1GHz dual-core processor
flash memory 1 and 2 were 256MB , 128MB , memory, respectively, 512MB and 256MB

In addition to the network configuration is strong, the hardware is also very luxurious, GT-AC9600 will have two CPU , you are not wrong is two!

The RT-AC87U too, had two CPUs... Doesn't mean anything beside giving something for marketing departments to put on the box ;)

Review on beta code 9.0.0.4.382_15475
The family has played now for 48+ hours on couple PS4's (mine and my sons) along with the family of laptops, tablets and other streaming web devices. I have only seen a few drops during gaming. On the average about once in 4 hours which is still pretty darn good. Please note that the game consoles are GB Ethernet connected to the LAN side of the router. Everything turned on with the router in ways of QOS and gaming boost. I have not been using the WTFAST gaming vpn per we don't play any of the PC games currently supported. I am using the Tri-band Smart Connect which shares the same SSID over all three radios. We have not used the Alexa option per I don't own one. I can see now after a few people mentioned it, it make it easy to turn off and on the guest network or WTFAST changes as one switches to another game.

The family has played now for 48+ hours on couple PS4's (mine and my sons) along with the family of laptops, tablets and other streaming web devices. I have only seen a few drops during gaming. On the average about once in 4 hours which is still pretty darn good. Please note that the game consoles are GB Ethernet connected to the LAN side of the router. Everything turned on with the router in ways of QOS and gaming boost. I have not been using the WTFAST gaming vpn per we don't play any of the PC games currently supported. I am using the Tri-band Smart Connect which shares the same SSID over all three radios. We have not used the Alexa option per I don't own one. I can see now after a few people mentioned it, it make it easy to turn off and on the guest network or WTFAST changes as one switches to another game.
How is your file copy speeds LAN/Wireless?

I thought I fixed mine but now no matter what I do it doesnt go past 15MB/sec. So much for my 75MB sec speeds. I want to try that beta firmware but I still have reservations about flashing it due to the only place ive seen it on is a chineese site and google translate doesnt really translate the discussion well.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I never measured the speeds before per the QOS being turned on would simply not pass the traffic. I had to basically cripple all the features of the router in order to use it with production code out sine June. If you can provide a link to the test you want me to run, I can. I have a Synology NAS on my network also available to test from.

I never measured the speeds before per the QOS being turned on would simply not pass the traffic. I had to basically cripple all the features of the router in order to use it with production code out sine June. If you can provide a link to the test you want me to run, I can. I have a Synology NAS on my network also available to test from.

As in copying files from LAN to USB 3.0 drive, or from Device to Device via LAN or even Wireless. A lot of people can't get more than 150mbit or 15MB/sec speeds.

Including myself, although last weekend, I was able to get 750mbit all weekend long no matter what. I even traded out all my cables for Shielded CAT 7's.. it didn't help.

So I tried a test. Transferring 320MB (6 CDs) from my synology to my HP over an Intel AC7265 with the latest drivers from Intel loaded. Per the Windows WiFi usage it got up to 101 Mbps before running out of files. Per the Synology LAN monitor it got up to 100MB output. I tried again with 15 CDs this time so it would last a little longer. This time I seen 144Mbps on the Windows Task Manger looking at the Wifi and 14MB on the Synology LAN monitor. Please note that the Synology is plugged into a Dlink Gig switch running jumbo which is then plugged over to the switch on the Asus. Wireless is setup for Smart Wifi (all 3 radios on one SSID). The router shows it is connected to the Laptop over wifi at 866.7 up / down per the router. Son was gaming on his PS4 at the time which is LAN connected to the net and the wife was streaming some educational video to her laptop at the time.

The family has played now for 48+ hours on couple PS4's (mine and my sons) along with the family of laptops, tablets and other streaming web devices. I have only seen a few drops during gaming. ... We have not used the Alexa option per I don't own one. I can see now after a few people mentioned it, it make it easy to turn off and on the guest network or WTFAST changes as one switches to another game.

I’ve given the same beta firmware a spin and while I haven’t experienced the Wi-Fi drops others have reported, I have experienced less buffering when streaming materials from the home LAN when I’m out of the house using internet access elsewhere.

I have tried to configure the Alexa feature but get stuck trying to link my Amazon account to the router. Apparently no one has been able to link to Alexa based on reviews of the skill in the Alexa app (it’s like an App Store of various Alexa skills).

Any ideas about this?
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/gt-5300-adaptive-qos-breaks-internet-access.40571/

I'm currently using Traditional QoS. Adaptive seems to break internet access...

I checked for a beta and the router said nothing was available.

Any one with two or more game consoles with the Gt-5300?
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/upnp-multiple-xbox-one-gaming-consoles-nat.35324/

So I loaded up the China Beta GT-AC5300_9.0.0.4_382_15431-g7834041 late yesterday afternoon and did some heavy gaming over the last 12+ hours via the PS4 and tablets. With all the gaming QOS and features finally turned on, the router only dropped one session on the PS4. Much better than what the latest 6/9 release is able to do. I did see the Alexa link in the OS. Not sure why a person would need that per you do not change a router that often once installed. Perhaps for the various gaming options if you want to move from game to game using the vpn service. I don't own Alexa so I did not test that feature out.

Last edited:
Yes e38BimmerFN,
the code released back in June broke my router being able to use most of the "features". It was crippled, hence I went to a beta code listed above. The China website has not let on any new releases however a little bird has been watching our thread and dropped the rumor they are getting close to a new full release soon. I keep checking each day. For now, if you look on google for the file name via chrome GT-AC5300_9.0.0.4_382_15431-g7834041 you will get the beta I had been testing for a 48 hour period. (chrome will auto translate if requested) It seems to enable all the features to be working again. I have not tested the Alexa per I don't have one. Or you can wait a couple days and see if the rumor comes true and the full American release will get pushed out.

Oh, and yes I run two PS4's off my router via the LAN cable. About 15-20 devices on the WiFi like laptops, tablets, nest, skybell etc.

Thank you Surf,
I'll see if I can get this file loaded.

For your two PS4s, when they are online at the same time and if you have both playing the same game at the same time, what NAT statuses are you seeing on each console?

How do you have the GT configured for your consoles?

Yes e38BimmerFN,
the code released back in June broke my router being able to use most of the "features". It was crippled, hence I went to a beta code listed above. The China website has not let on any new releases however a little bird has been watching our thread and dropped the rumor they are getting close to a new full release soon. I keep checking each day. For now, if you look on google for the file name via chrome GT-AC5300_9.0.0.4_382_15431-g7834041 you will get the beta I had been testing for a 48 hour period. (chrome will auto translate if requested) It seems to enable all the features to be working again. I have not tested the Alexa per I don't have one. Or you can wait a couple days and see if the rumor comes true and the full American release will get pushed out.

Oh, and yes I run two PS4's off my router via the LAN cable. About 15-20 devices on the WiFi like laptops, tablets, nest, skybell etc.

My son plays different games than I do. Never looked at the router other than I know we have different internal IP addresses. I did note we occasionally drop a packet which will drop my session about once ever 6 hours of playing. So, yes it is better but could be improved. The QOS is setup for game mode.

Ok, was curious, any chance you might get to check out the same game sometime, post your NAT results here:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/upnp-multiple-xbox-one-gaming-consoles-nat.35324/unread

We are trying to attaining OPEN NAT across two or more game consoles with the same game. Sometimes it can be problematic just for two consoles and different games as well. If you play any games that are NAT dependent.

FYI, I got the BETA loaded a bit ago...changed over to Adaptive and Auto and GAME mode. Have internet back. Will continue testing. ;)

Thank you for the feedback.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!