What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

15984, it took one reset but it's been up for a couple of days. Apparently from what I've been reading the phones may be a known Samsung issue.
I'm using 9.0.0.4. 382_19612 and have had no issues with Samsung phones or WiFi disconnects.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Been running 19484 have not had any problems yet now the AiMesh one it hated Apple products always had problems connecting had to go into settings and select the network manually but using the 19484 have not had any issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm using 9.0.0.4. 382_19612 and have had no issues with Samsung phones or WiFi disconnects.

You'll have to forgive me but is that one of the beta firmwares? I haven't tried any of those yet. The connection problems only arise when I try to use the vpn on the router for the Samsung phones, outside of that the phones connect just fine. What I was reading today though stayed stated that the S8's specifically were having problems with router vpn's. I'll experiment more later this week when I have some more free time.

I used a. VPN app on my phone itself not the router and had no issues. I used NordVPN.

https://mega.nz/#!ARB2WDaA

Key: !q7yuiXmw_3KsFRJJpo9MdsCqr3y2mlQvV9arFUE0EPw

sorry alittle new to Mega

it Looks like it is based off the current Stock Firmware out with a little mods but they are in Chinese but none of them looked useful to me but you all can give it a test drive

So who is HGG? If I may ask I am kinda new to the ASUS ecosystem and I wonder if this does happen are they completely doing away with the ROG interface and going to the standard ASUS one which if so that would be awesome

Seems like a fork of Merlin, another illegal Chinese port that breaks gpl, it's not an official Merlin firmware release, wouldn't touch it if I were you, God knows the security risks, Merlin does not support the GT-AC5300.

https://mega.nz/#!ARB2WDaA

Key: !q7yuiXmw_3KsFRJJpo9MdsCqr3y2mlQvV9arFUE0EPw

sorry alittle new to Mega

it Looks like it is based off the current Stock Firmware out with a little mods but they are in Chinese but none of them looked useful to me but you all can give it a test drive
Chinese firmware mods break gpl license, I'd avoid them thier not safe.
I would not download or use that.

Last edited:
Chinese firmware mods break gpl license, I'd avoid them thier not safe.
I would not download or use that.

Just the modded ones by chineses break the license right? The oficial ones that is avaiable at the chinese website is ok?

It’s not based on Merlin (since there is not one) at all way it sounded on the ASUS Chinese forums it was forked from the Official August release and this was from the Chinese website from ASUS

Hello, I have both versions of the Ac5300 and want to setup AiMesh. I have 9.0.0.4.382_19612 running on both devices, but unsuccessfully able to setup AiMesh. Any guidance would be great!

Is it worth it coming from an RT N66U? New Egg offers a 30 day refund, standard return policy for it, and I'm giving it a little more thought as of late. Are the security features better than on the N66U?

Is it worth it coming from an RT N66U? New Egg offers a 30 day refund, standard return policy for it, and I'm giving it a little more thought as of late. Are the security features better than on the N66U?

I mean so far I came from a older model ASUS router can’t remember the model number I mean u are getting Tribands 1 2.4 2 5Ghz but I mean the specs inside the router is future proof 64bit Quadcore Broadcom and 1Gb of ram 8 ports 2 reserved for gaming 2 for Link Aggregation for NAS storage but the Firmware is just gimping the hell out of this router to death not releasing its full potential I heard stuff from they are waiting on Broadcom release a CRACK WiFi fix but that should be done by now but this router is using the newest top of the line Broadcom CPU i am not against it for someone picking it up it has some work that needs to be done to it Firmware wise but signal strength and managing WiFi QoS all works pretty great it’s just Firmware god wished ASUS would just scrap the ROG crap and give us a ASUSWRT Firmware then this router would be a beast

Just the modded ones by chineses break the license right? The oficial ones that is avaiable at the chinese website is ok?
all chinese ports that claim to be merlin break the gpl.licence.

all chinese ports that claim to be merlin break the gpl.licence.

I mean what choices do we have in Firmware tbh ASUS has been dead silent to this router and even to its Cousin the RT 5300 but Merlin can work on that I mean reason why I am saying ASUS should drop all this Flashy ASUS ROG crap so the community “known” people can make a great Firmware for it I mean it’s a beast just can’t fully unleash cause of Firmware

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!