What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So all these new firmware’s dropped AIMesh ones for their other routers except the GT-5300 smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So all these new firmware’s dropped AIMesh ones for their other routers except the GT-5300 smh

Note that AiMesh is not available for any tri-band models yet. They're still working on issues specific to these models according to what they posted in the beta thread, which also include the RT-AC3200 and RT-AC5300. This isn't unique to the GT-AC5300.

Note that AiMesh is not available for any tri-band models yet. They're still working on issues specific to these models according to what they posted in the beta thread, which also include the RT-AC3200 and RT-AC5300. This isn't unique to the GT-AC5300.

Alright cool thanks for the update Merlin

I mean what choices do we have in Firmware tbh ASUS has been dead silent to this router and even to its Cousin the RT 5300 but Merlin can work on that I mean reason why I am saying ASUS should drop all this Flashy ASUS ROG crap so the community “known” people can make a great Firmware for it I mean it’s a beast just can’t fully unleash cause of Firmware

Merlin firmware can be ported to the rapture, but the Chinese versions are sketchy at best.

AIMesh official release should come in the next week from the sounds of it. Have the beta running on my 2 GT-AC5300 so far with pretty good results (wired backhaul and as APs due to AT&T fiber gateway), but don't put it through some of the stress many of you would.

So I am on the latest aimesh firmware and having 2 main issues. I hate that you can not rename all the mac id's and every time I reboot the router, my traditional QOS settings revert to the factory settings. I guess a third would be I have never been able to get my WD NAS link aggregated to the router either. Any ideas? ive followed the thread since day one, but haven't seen a solution. Also can we agree on the most stable version of firmware?

I have powered off and unplugged power
initialized the firmware several times
reflashed and tried both 19848 and 19612

I have owned the RT now for 3 months and I’m not sure what all fuss is about slating it,I run this with 22 devices connected of which include Xbox ,PC and ps4 for gaming ,consoles are wired and it runs like a dream,better than my R7800(voxel) pings are great on tests,I have the latest firmware and its rock solid,I work away on oil rigs and come back check logs and it’s uptime has not dropped in 3 weeks. I’m in Uk and use it with draytek 130..... great bit of kit.just saying.

Attachments

• B21F2686-67F3-40B8-99EE-865977F63D9A.png
    B21F2686-67F3-40B8-99EE-865977F63D9A.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 317
I have owned the RT now for 3 months and I’m not sure what all fuss is about slating it,I run this with 22 devices connected of which include Xbox ,PC and ps4 for gaming ,consoles are wired and it runs like a dream,better than my R7800(voxel) pings are great on tests,I have the latest firmware and its rock solid,I work away on oil rigs and come back check logs and it’s uptime has not dropped in 3 weeks. I’m in Uk and use it with draytek 130..... great bit of kit.just saying.

When you say latest firmware, which do you mean exactly? The one from August on the ASUS website or one of the betas?

Has anyone had any luck with with the Gaming ports using an Xbox One? Whenever I try to use them, my log file floods with “link up, link down” messages every couple seconds over and over non stop after putting the Xbox in standby mode. The messages stop once I turn it on again, but I can’t tell if this port is hurting my gaming performance or not. It could be placebo, but things always seem worse when using those ports so I switch back to a non-gaming port.

When you say latest firmware, which do you mean exactly? The one from August on the ASUS website or one of the betas?

Has anyone had any luck with with the Gaming ports using an Xbox One? Whenever I try to use them, my log file floods with “link up, link down” messages every couple seconds over and over non stop after putting the Xbox in standby mode. The messages stop once I turn it on again, but I can’t tell if this port is hurting my gaming performance or not. It could be placebo, but things always seem worse when using those ports so I switch back to a non-gaming port.

My XboxOne X works fine in Port 1 with no errors in log.

Oh wow okay, where can I obtain that firmware? I’m sorry if I missed that in prior posts.

I’m using FW 9.0.0.4.382_19484 and I thought that was the latest.

That's the Xbox firmware. My router is using 9.0.0.4.382_19612.

I also have issues on Port 1 connected at my computer, if my computer is on and connected at port 1 and i turn off my pc the router reboots the wan connection, if i`m connected at any non game port this does not happen at all

So I have an question since someone brought up the XBox. I just got an XBOX One X, (previously had an XBOX One (original) and I wanted to transfer the data between the two. There is a network transfer option which I used, but my max transfer rate was 290 megs per sec. Now the question is, was my limitation because of the XBOX transfer rate or my router setup. Just a little information on the setup. Because of my setup/location, I have 1 network cable coming out of the GT5300 and it goes into an ASUS GX-D1081 V3 switch. From the switch a network cable is run through the wall to where my Xbox's are setup. A network cable goes from the wall to a smaller TrendNet 5 port switch and then a network cable was run to each Xbox. The lights on the switch showed I had a Gigabit Connection for both Xboxes.

Any ideas about the transfer rate?

I have updated to 9.0.0.4.382_19484, VPN is "working" I'll have to mess with manual DNS set up though, as I am still getting DNS leaks right now. Haven't had any major issues so far. My wife's surface was having connection issues on her surface on the first 5GHZ band, but it may have been her location in the house as i switched her to the 2.4GHZ and the connection was just fine and other devices on the first 5GHZ band that were closer to the router were working fine. I'll mess with the DNS later today and try to post back.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!