What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

madhatter01

Regular Contributor
Its finally for sale. I got mine yesterday. Another awesome Asus router. Let me know if you have any questions.

Bestbuy has it in stock. I picked it up locally.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-wi...nd-wi-fi-router-black/5775807.p?skuId=5775807

Specs Page

https://wikidevi.com/wiki/ASUS_GT-AC5300

Asus Website

https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/ROG-Rapture-GT-AC5300/

Firmware Links.

https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/ROG-Rapture-GT-AC5300/HelpDesk_Download/

Asus-ROG-Rapture-GT-AC5300.jpg

Last edited:
Is this router only for Gaming or can it be used as a general purpose router as well? I like the quad core CPU and 1GB RAM, I do not play games though

I am thinking about it, currently I have the RT-5300, would it be possible for you to post more screenshots? Thanks

I am on my second thinking my first one was bad. I have an original ac5300 that works like a charm. Bought the new one and plugged it in and it says no cable plugged into the wan port. Reset power on everything same thing. Weird. Plugged my original 5300 in and works like a charm. Plugged in my ac3100 works like a charm. Plugged the new dog ac5300'in says no cablenin wan port.

Took t back to Best Buy. Drove another hour to a different Best Buy and bought another. It's doing the same exact thing. No cablenin wan port. So now back on my original ac5300.

What's up Asus?!?!?!?!

Possibly my modem? But it works with the old 5300 and 3100. I'm confused and sad. Also just put the latest firmware on it. Still no go. It just will not detect a cable plugged into the WAN port.

I am on my second thinking my first one was bad. I have an original ac5300 that works like a charm. Bought the new one and plugged it in and it says no cable plugged into the wan port. Reset power on everything same thing. Weird. Plugged my original 5300 in and works like a charm. Plugged in my ac3100 works like a charm. Plugged the new dog ac5300'in says no cablenin wan port.

Took t back to Best Buy. Drove another hour to a different Best Buy and bought another. It's doing the same exact thing. No cablenin wan port. So now back on my original ac5300.

What's up Asus?!?!?!?!

Possibly my modem? But it works with the old 5300 and 3100. I'm confused and sad. Also just put the latest firmware on it. Still no go. It just will not detect a cable plugged into the WAN port.

Unplug the modem and plug it back in, I sometimes have to do that when switching routers.

Last edited:
Unplug the modem and plug it back in, I sometimes have to do that when scwitching routers.

That was done several times. Going to take my modem to charter tomorrow and get them to switch it out. Also will take it to work and test it on my circuit there. :( man the trouble for a router when I have two others working fine, LOL.

When you switch router, cablemodems require between 5 and 30 minutes before the DHCP lease to the old router can be released, and the ISP will accept to issue a lease to the new MAC address. That's not a problem with the router, it's how most ISP's DHCP server work. You need to unplug the power of your modem for 5-30 minutes.

Woke up this morning and it was dead. The power light was on and no other ones. I powered it off and back on and nothing but power light. So I tried to factory reset it and the power light blinks but nothing else. So I am guessing it died after 2 days. I will exchange it later today.

I still had my RT-AC5300 there and I put it back in until I get it swapped.

Why my post in this topic was deleted ? I asked madhatter01 for important information, and i watch now and my post is gone, also with quoted madhatter01 post

Why my post in this topic was deleted ? I asked madhatter01 for important information, and i watch now and my post is gone, also with quoted madhatter01 post

I didnt delete it. I will have my new one in a few hours. Try to post it again. I will do my best to answer it.

Asus deleted the previous post you made with these screenshots, as they came from a private beta release. Since you reposted the same screenshots, this time I'm the one who deleted them, since it seems to be Asus's wish that people not post screenshots from private betas.

Asus deleted the previous post you made with these screenshots, as they came from a private beta release. Since you reposted the same screenshots, this time I'm the one who deleted them, since it seems to be Asus's wish that people not post screenshots from private betas.

Did I post anything I was not supposed to? The screenshots I used were just from images from Google or my own. I was not using any private beta's.

Did I post anything I was not supposed to? The screenshots I used were just from images from Google or my own. I was not using any private beta's.

No, not you. Vant did in his post.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!