What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks for the heads up on the Best Buy price match. I have to say this router is amazing way better than my AC-87U. I have not run into any problems with this router, the only thing I have done is turn off unpn and enable port forwarding for wow. My pings went from 16 ms on my 87U to 9ms or lower on the GT-AC5300. I have Comcast and I am using Belkin Cat6 Ethernet cords if it helps anyone who is troubleshooting.

Make sure you disable USB 3.0 interference reduction. By default this setting is enabled, downgrading the port to USB 2.0, to avoid interference with the wifi signals. I'm able to get well over 55 MB/s on an RT-AC88U.

Disabled USB 3.0 Interference reduction, but No effect! Still same crappy speed 12MB/s. Now i am really leaning towards LinkSys WRT3200 or Back to RT-AC5300.

Based on the same past events, people should realize that buying new products once they are out to the market is never a good idea, vendors tend to release "unfinished" and "untested" products to rush sales and lead the tech market.

The result will be customers ending up forcibly as Alpha/Beta testers...

Last edited:
Asus GT-AC5300 WAN Cable not Plugged In - Or could not connect to your Cable / FIOS / Internet provider

** SOLVED** REPLACED CAT 6A cable with CAT 5e - So TRY Different Network Cables

Being a Proud Owner of RT-AC5300, i was very disappointed with GT-AC5300 Launch and all the problems users have been facing. I was I guess one of the first buy at Best Buy when the product released last week, and wasn't able to connect to my Verizon FIOS WAN for some reason.

So long story short after going through 4 Different GT-AC5300 Routers, and still could not connect WAN, I thought to replace my CAT 6 Cable with CAT 5e, which Verizon originally installed at the time to FIOS installation, and GUESS What it did the trick. Bam! router was able to connect to FIOS WAN / Internet in few seconds without any problem.

Following Picture:

2 x GT-AC5300 Routers
1 x RT-AC5300 Router
1 x Linksys WRT3200 Router

GT-AC5300 Price DROPPED TO $291 :0

img-4570.jpg

img-4564.jpg

Both GT-AC5300 and RT-AC5300 are same Size.

img-4565.jpg

ASUS GT-AC5300 Antenna's are Taller than RT-AC5300.

img-4566.jpg

REPLACED CAT-6A with CAT-5E (So there is some compatibility issue with some cables)

img-4571.jpg

NOTE: I tied using an udp cat 6 cable and still experienced disconnections will try with cat 5e and post experiences.

Check what cable type is inside the box and test that one.

RT-AC5300 File Transfer

rt-ac5300.jpg

vs

GT-AC5300 File Transfer

gt-ac5300-file-transfer.jpg

both are with USB 3.0 Interference disabled.

That simply can't be (at least on RT-AC5300), check if you are connecting it to the USB port 2.0 instead of USB 3.0, probably the case.

Last edited:
Seen it now, please identify the device model.

Same File - Read Speed from RT-AC5300

It is Seagate 2TB - 3.5" SATAIII 7200RPM Hard Drive 64MB Cache -> USB 3.0 Connection to RT-AC5300

rt-ac5300-read.jpg

So how it went now from 28mb/s to 44.9mb/s copying the exact same file? :rolleyes:

You are doing the test via Wireless, test it on cable because the issue can be between the wireless connection and not the USB 3.0 port speed.

RT-AC5300 should be able to copy files up to 60mb/s at least.

So how it went now from 28mb/s to 44.9mb/s copying the exact same file? :rolleyes:

You are doing the test via Wireless, test it on cable because the issue can be between the wireless connection and not the USB 3.0 port speed.

RT-AC5300 should be able to copy files up to 60mb/s at least.

You are not reading it correctly - my friend.

First TEST was WRITE TEST = 28MB/s
Second TEST was READ TEST = 45MB/s

You are not reading it correctly - my friend.

First TEST was WRITE TEST = 28MB/s
Second TEST was READ TEST = 45MB/s

Still slow, I can get better transfer speeds on AC88U, so you should also on AC5300, both have the same specs.

Have you test it on Merlin FW?

Test: failed router still crashes even with the default cable.

Cable is fairly nice 5e FTP 26AWG 4 pair cable
Quite surprising, a CAT5E on a 2.5GBIT switch? :rolleyes:

I remember other users mention GT-AC5300 inbox CAT6 cable, not CAT5E.

Last edited:
Still slow, I can get better transfer speeds on AC88U, so you should also on AC5300, both have the same specs.

Have you test it on Merlin FW?

SMB will be slightly slower with my firmware due to Samba 3.6, tho it should still be closer to 50-55 MB/s based on my own tests.

Ok RT-AC5300 LAN - File Transfer Speed 1GIG LAN - 69GB File - So i guess Wifi is limited to UNDER 50MB/s. I have to TEST GT-AC5300 now to see how it stacks up against RT-AC5300

WRITE SPEED:

rt-ac5300-lan-write.png

READ SPEED:

rt-ac5300.png

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!