What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

From the Product Manager "just saw it processed to publish on our system, so I think might be today or tomorrow will be one the website."
They said 2 days 3 days ago.. Something tells me what we really need is more than one update

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Just updated to 3.0.0.4.382_15984-gf481f58,

Did a firmware check just now and it showed up.

I should've copied the change log, when I glanced threw it, it mentioned QoS fixes

edit: its the same version as below
New Firmware:

https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/s/C67CD5B9BA4941A98725C9668AE0B81AY

Changelog update:

Notice: Suggest factory reset by applying update.

Security Fix

- Apply patch for CVE-2017-9417, CVE-2017-5891 and CVE-2017-5892

- Fix security issue OnSec-VUZ-106-09001 and OnSec-VUZ-106-09006

- Update foolproof checking for http access from WAN, this will allow https remote access only.

- Fix security issue for facebook, twitter and picassa photo upload function

Add

- HDD Hibernation

- URL filter black/white list

- Allow specific IP address for SSH/Telnet/WebGUI login

- Bandwidth limiter on guest network

- URL filter support https website

- VPN Fusion

- LAN link-rate on Network map

Fix

- ASUSWRT GUI issue

- WTFast GUI logout issue

- Protect server crash related issue

- QoS related issues (adptive QoS / Bandwidth limiter)

- IPTV related issue

- OVPN permission issue

- VPN related issues

- Memory leak issue

- 802.1x related issues

- AiCloud related issues

- Traffic Analyzer bug fix

- Fix 2.4g interoperability issue

- Fix auto channel select not working issue

- Fix retrieve nvram problem

Modify

- Update smart sync API

- Compatibility improvement with USB-N53

- web history enable/disable mechanism

- Add OpenVPN HMAC Authentication option

- Encrypt feedback account related information

Just updated to 3.0.0.4.382_15984-gf481f58,

Did a firmware check just now and it showed up.

I should've copied the change log, when I glanced threw it, it mentioned QoS fixes

edit: its the same version as below
Was just gonna write that, too.

Works ok, besides VPN not working.

Wait, so this is the Exact same firmware that was posted here days ago?

Seems ok since I've been on it, although the AI Cloud app always crashes in Android if you want to back out and change directories.

Wait, so this is the Exact same firmware that was posted here days ago?

Seems ok since I've been on it, although the AI Cloud app always crashes in Android if you want to back out and change directories.
May not be exactly the same firmware, I think it is the same firmware with a few changes/fixes since it was posted here. That is why there was a delay in them putting it out from the time I originally posted it. They decided to keep the same version number but look at the end number.
Originally posted here: GT-AC5300_3.0.0.4_382_15984-gf481f58_cferom_ubi_0821.w
Latest version available: GT-AC5300_3.0.0.4_382_15984-gf481f58_cferom_ubi_0824.w
Waiting for Asus to confirm this.

Last edited:
May not be exactly the same firmware, I think it is the same firmware with a few changes/fixes since it was posted here. That is why there was a delay in them putting it out from the time I originally posted it. They decided to keep the same version number but look at the end number.
Originally posted here: GT-AC5300_3.0.0.4_382_15984-gf481f58_cferom_ubi_0821.w
Latest version available: GT-AC5300_3.0.0.4_382_15984-gf481f58_cferom_ubi_0824.w
Waiting for Asus to confirm this.

Thats just the date I think. I hit update and nothing downloaded, so I think it's the same version. So I was waiting for something I had already lolz. I feel let down.

Ok ASUS, now keep cranking out the fixes and optimize this beast already, jeez

I was actually able to listen to some FLAC's via AiCloud this week.. although, if my phone goes to sleep or out of the app, and I change directories after that.. it will crash the android app. Such a small fix really would help a great deal. That and the ability to sort by date.. it's kinda hard to browse files on such a small window with no way to sort your view. Now add 20tb to that and it's not so much fun.

Anyone know how I could do this more natively, as in not with some cloud app?

Last edited:
Thats just the date I think. I hit update and nothing downloaded, so I think it's the same version. So I was waiting for something I had already lolz. I feel let down.

Ok ASUS, now keep cranking out the fixes and optimize this beast already, jeez

I was actually able to listen to some FLAC's via AiCloud this week.. although, if my phone goes to sleep or out of the app, and I change directories after that.. it will crash the android app. Such a small fix really would help a great deal. That and the ability to sort by date.. it's kinda hard to browse files on such a small window with no way to sort your view. Now add 20tb to that and it's not so much fun.

Anyone know how I could do this more natively, as in not with some cloud app?
I think that is the compile date.
Probably wont update through router as it thinks it is up to date already.
I would download the latest firmware and manually update it - that is what I did.

Just updated and I did a full reset. 2 things I've noticed. On the Network Map page it says Internet status: Check Connection. Even though my Internet is working. On the same page if you click View List. The wifi clients disappear and reappear still. (This happened on my older ASUS router too) so not specific to this model. Just really annoying since its only a visual thing.

I think the first release posted here was when the code base freezed for this patch cycle. Then the other official release was after Q&A was complete. I guess I'll flash the newer one just to be safe.

Works ok, besides VPN not working.

What aspect of VPN is not working? Server? Fusion? PPTP, L2TP, OpenVPN?

I am using OpenVPN as a server and it works well.

I am having problems with Fusion and L2TP. I use PIA and it looks like I get a proper tunnel, but I don't appear to be able to properly link a client to the outbound tunnel.

I am having problems with Fusion and L2TP. I use PIA and it looks like I get a proper tunnel, but I don't appear to be able to properly link a client to the outbound tunnel.

After an hour of trying different things for VPN Fusion, I have found I can get OpenVPN working with PIA. So I have "Internet" (meaning no VPN) and "PIA OpenVPN" as VPN servers. The Internet is default, and I have set up multiple clients to use the PIA OpenVPN outbound VPN.

I'm very pleased with the results thus far. I get 100mbps down, and only peg one core at 90%+. I am having some problems with upload speeds. So I'll be trying different VPN end points to see if that is the issue.

What aspect of VPN is not working? Server? Fusion? PPTP, L2TP, OpenVPN?

This is my problem as well.
I am trying to connect to a VPN-Server via OpenVPN - hiding my real WAN-IP. So yes, VPN FUsion doesn't work.
Sometimes it connects, but when I check my IP it still shows my real one, so it's "leaking". Sometimes OpenVPN doesn't even connect. And it's not me - works fine with a Netgear X10. :D

Reflashing the firmware and reset to factory defaults is what I'm trying now.

Who else, besides end and i has this problem?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Well,
guess what: that fixed it! o_O

Reflashed same FW (GT-AC5300_3.0.0.4_382_15984-gf481f58_cferom_ubi_0824.w - even though that shouldn't have made a difference) and did a Factory Reset.

Now it is tunneling via OpenVPN and no IP Leak.

Well,
guess what: that fixed it! o_O

Reflashed and did a Factory Reset.

Now it is tunneling via OpenVPN and no IP Leak.

It seems the factory reset step is pretty important. I’ve started doing it after every firmware upgrade. Glad it’s working for you.

The VPN solution seem crazy powerful on the outbound side of things. And the inbound “just works.”

Almost feel so good about this router that I would recommend it without hesitation. Let’s see how stable it is over the next few weeks.

Well, now openvpn connects but I can't pull up any websites. Happens randomly.

Need to figure out now if it's the vpn server.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Yet another bug..

I noticed today my router shows the following. I have a full connection so not sure why it says to check connection.

Internet status:
Check Connection...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!