What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

How's VPN performance on this router? Can anyone put some stats on here please?

Thanks

I have seen hit and miss from people talking on here with it cause of the Firmware but I am sure once we got a decent release it would probably be pretty good with A Quadcore processor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s been nearly 5 months since the last official firmware, I guess it has to come sooner than later. If there are issues with this next firmware how long do you think it will be before it’s fixed?

I hear what you are saying and for a high end router that’s a long time,I’m using the latest official and it been running fine,so I will revert back if next is garbage,let’s hope in that 5 months they have got it right,well you would think so.

I can add to the list. Traditional QOS loses all rules updates and refreshes back to default on reboot. Game network (wtf) has no game data base in second dropdown, and i still cant rename devices past 18 or so (this has been on every release.) Yesterday I spoke to support about my RT-AC86u that i use as a media bridge for my down stairs xbox, smart tv, media bridge is completely broken on the newest aimesh official release and had to revert back to the last official 382 firmware. Anyways while on the phone about that i asked about the device rename and they said it should work up to 32 devices and would make a patch for me. They actually told me that having 27 devices is the most they have ever heard of. I find that hard to believe. Anyone have 32 devices renamed in network map? As a side note the rt-ac86u gets 400 mbps in media bridge mode.
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

On the network map, I'm having the identical issue you are having. I went from the RT AC87U (older) to get better performance on Wifi and higher device concurrency, and didn't hit this limitation. I'm running 3.0.0.4.382_15984 on the GT. Its also throwing those goofy "Jan 14 15:44:04 kernel: ERR[set_app_info_qos_meta:3361] It's a paid app, please assign a default bandwidth!" errors, even with game boost and QoS completely off. This thing has some issues, but the primary goal of better speeds and device concurrency I had is achieved. Hoping for a rock solid release from Asus in the future.

I hear what you are saying and for a high end router that’s a long time,I’m using the latest official and it been running fine,so I will revert back if next is garbage,let’s hope in that 5 months they have got it right,well you would think so.

The official firmwares fusion vpn is broke. If you don’t use that feature then it is good. I bought the router based on the fusion vpn marketing. That’s my fault, kinda. The latest beta is ok but not great. My ping goes nuts with the game ips and qos I’m so I disabled all that and the firewall to get my pings back to normal. The aimesh 612 is also crap. I guess we can’t have our cake and eat it to!

i know some people having problem with the WTFast service i notice when you try to start the service all the boxes disappear like it is not working which it is not but if you look into the Service log you will see

Jan 14 16:47:33 rc_service: httpd 872:notify_rc start_wtfast
Jan 14 16:47:46 rc_service: httpd 872:notify_rc restart_wtfast_rule

so the router is starting it then restarts it but does not say it starts it

Wtfast isn’t really a good service from my experience. I guess it depends on what games you play.

Wtfast isn’t really a good service from my experience. I guess it depends on what games you play.

When it was working I used it for CoD WW2 and I noticed I connected to games a bit faster that is all about all

It would be nice if more games were supported with wtfast but hey it’s free...kinda (you gotta buy the router I suppose).

Whether it is faster or not i just want it to work

Same I mean it just stopped working out of no where actually I even tried to do a full reset but I keep getting the same blank boxes and logs in System even went back to stock back to the beta nothing will work I dunno what happen it states it starts then restarts then don’t start back up

Mine works fine. Hasn't rebooted or restarted in over 60 days..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Firmware: 9.0.0.4.382_19612-g01e94f5
Game IPS
Game Boost
Adaptive QoS
2.4 Ghz / 5Ghz / 5Ghz2
Guest 2.4 Ghz / 5Ghz / 5Ghz2
Internal Static IP for 25 devices
IPv6
DDNS

Firmware: 9.0.0.4.382_19612-g01e94f5
Game IPS
Game Boost
Adaptive QoS
2.4 Ghz / 5Ghz / 5Ghz2
Guest 2.4 Ghz / 5Ghz / 5Ghz2
Internal Static IP for 25 devices
IPv6
DDNS

Same one I am using it’s pretty stable I know I been stretching it to use Smartconnect across all bands using 1 SSID it seems to be better than the stock no resets hardly unless I need to flush the memory from where I access the hard drive connected and it does not flush it out properly

Same one I am using it’s pretty stable I know I been stretching it to use Smartconnect across all bands using 1 SSID it seems to be better than the stock no resets hardly unless I need to flush the memory from where I access the hard drive connected and it does not flush it out properly

Im using smart connect and it works great. I never get disconnects. I use internal static ip's too, but wtfast is broken and traditional Qos is broken.

Im using smart connect and it works great. I never get disconnects. I use internal static ip's too, but wtfast is broken and traditional Qos is broken.

Ya I know SC used to be really buggy on the stock August Firmware but now it hands off from 5Ghz-1 to 2 flawless and if I go out of range of that to 2.4 but also switches from 2.4 to 5Ghz pretty well glad they got that sorted out

Ya I know SC used to be really buggy on the stock August Firmware but now it hands off from 5Ghz-1 to 2 flawless and if I go out of range of that to 2.4 but also switches from 2.4 to 5Ghz pretty well glad they got that sorted out

I just enabled Smart Connect. I never used it before so I guess I'll see how it works.

I mean when both of them are set to the same port number I'm just quirios if there has been a port conflict fix added.

Upnp does not allow two consoles to be on and using the same port. Microsoft purposely made it so you can set each Xbox to use a different port for this reason.

Under network settings on the Xbox either set both port numbers to automatic and unpn will take care of it or you can manually set a different port number for each Xbox.

How's VPN performance on this router? Can anyone put some stats on here please?

Thanks

I've done a couple of tests on mine. Nothing stellar: 20-23mbps upload and download. Definitely can do much much better than than considering only one core "spiked" to about 17%. In like 90% of time no core goes above 4%.
So it's not for running Netflix 4k over VPN ;)

Upnp does not allow two consoles to be on and using the same port. Microsoft purposely made it so you can set each Xbox to use a different port for this reason.

Under network settings on the Xbox either set both port numbers to automatic and unpn will take care of it or you can manually set a different port number for each Xbox.
There's a whole tread on what I'm asking about, in the merlin section, prior to the fix on Xbox one for a port change when you had two Xbox consoles using the same port you would get one console with open nat the other moderate, merlin fixed this in his firmware with some firewall rules, ASUS had a similar fix in a beta firmware on the 88u which then never incorporated to the official firmware.
I'm asking because if you have two copies of Call of duty on pc they both use the same port number which causes a port conflict, upnp should redirect it to another port but in stock firmware it has an issue translating the port correctly to fix the conflict and you still get moderate nat, I'm just wondering if that's been fixed in the GT firmware yet, I guess not.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!