What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I believe that is the exact offical firmware for the dual band devices which would explain why there is a problem with the second 5ghz band.
Yes i just confimed on my AC86U, that is the official aimesh release for the dual band routers about the time they said it was official for all the devices except the GT-AC5300.
d293e6214e30f76e1e58970d4dc973ca.jpg

Yes i just confimed on my AC86U, that is the official aimesh release for the dual band routers about the time they said it was official for all the devices except the GT-AC5300.

But the bug is only at aimesh or without aimesh does it have the bug as well?

But the bug is only at aimesh or without aimesh does it have the bug as well?
Like i said earlier this is the official release for all the other models, if it was intended for the GT it would have released on the ASUS site for us too.

So is ASUS releasing two branches of Firmware for this router a AIMesh one and a Regular one beta wise so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same one I am using it’s pretty stable I know I been stretching it to use Smartconnect across all bands using 1 SSID it seems to be better than the stock no resets hardly unless I need to flush the memory from where I access the hard drive connected and it does not flush it out properly

I have found SmartConnect to be garbage after some testing. My Note 8 connects to the 5Ghz-2 correctly but for some reason my Samsung Curved 4K TV which is in the same room as phone is only connecting to 2.4G 144Mbps. I had it on 5Ghz-2 before at 867Mbps. What gives?

I have found SmartConnect to be garbage after some testing. My Note 8 connects to the 5Ghz-2 correctly but for some reason my Samsung Curved 4K TV which is in the same room as phone is only connecting to 2.4G 144Mbps. I had it on 5Ghz-2 before at 867Mbps. What gives?
Tweak these settings.
aa4a61c8ce8f0f5bb54497af2da196ef.jpg

Most of my devices stay in the 5ghz-1 band then when utilization is met it rolls over to 5ghz -2. Exception is that if the signal is weak it will downgrade it to the 2.4ghz since there is greater distance on that band. If you set a phy over under it will keep devices of a certain speed on certain radios.

Setup mac filtering I had to do the same with a DirectTV STB to force it to stay on the 5Ghz Band stuff like Smart TVs and STBs don’t know how to handle bandsteering

Setup mac filtering I had to do the same with a DirectTV STB to force it to stay on the 5Ghz Band stuff like Smart TVs and STBs don’t know how to handle bandsteering

Heh I set it up for 5Ghz-2 accept and then rebooted router. It connected to 5Ghz-1 at 866.7 Mbps LOL. Wonder why it didn't even goto the 5Ghz-2.

Heh I set it up for 5Ghz-2 accept and then rebooted router. It connected to 5Ghz-1 at 866.7 Mbps LOL. Wonder why it didn't even goto the 5Ghz-2.

If ur using the new beta Firmware that was just released the 5Ghz-2 is having issues

I'm not. Even my Note 8 connected to the 5Ghz-1 instead of the 5Ghz-2..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8

I'm not. Even my Note 8 connected to the 5Ghz-1 instead of the 5Ghz-2..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Way I understand how 5Ghz works the lower bands 36 to 48 are faster than the upper band Channels on 2 but they reach out further

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!