What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Does these beta firmware supersede the latest stock 20308, thanks if anyone know and are they better.as I’ve had enough and I am thinking of getting the Netgear XR500 aside used Duma software and it’s very good....thanks

I had to give up on AIMesh on 20308 and went to wired APs instead. I initialized both so many times and it would never locate the nodes, even when it was less than a foot away.

Has anybody had this issue?

I had my 86U AIMesh node lock up this morning. Was able to connect, but could get no Internet. Just recycled the power when I got home now. I'm already having second thought about going back to my 2 OnHub's from the GT-AC5300 / 86U setup.

I had my 86U AIMesh node lock up this morning. Was able to connect, but could get no Internet. Just recycled the power when I got home now. I'm already having second thought about going back to my 2 OnHub's from the GT-AC5300 / 86U setup.

I have the exact same setup, GT-AC5300 and AC86u as the node. It is perfect. No drops, no problems.
Hand-off is seamless between the routers. No lockups, running for 1 week so far perfectly.

CC

I have the exact same setup, GT-AC5300 and AC86u as the node. It is perfect. No drops, no problems.
Hand-off is seamless between the routers. No lockups, running for 1 week so far perfectly.

CC
Same here, GT+68U. Stable. And that's what I need the most.
But I'm not running anything on it. I'm planning to enable QoS once I'm past a full week with no need to reboot either router or node.
I tried 311 last week, before 308 being published. Had a very weird experience so I give a try to 308 as soon as was published. And so far so good.

My GT changed the default IP addresses to 192.168.50.x instead of the typical 192.168.1.x. Anyone know why they did that? Also whenever I go to firmware update it immediately starts to download something. After download the 308 is still shown. Anyone know whats happening?

My GT changed the default IP addresses to 192.168.50.x instead of the typical 192.168.1.x. Anyone know why they did that? Also whenever I go to firmware update it immediately starts to download something. After download the 308 is still shown. Anyone know whats happening?

when I reset mine it did it also. I just went back into the config page and changed it back to 192.168.1.1

Have you performed a factory reset after update? 308 firmware should fix that issue.

when I reset mine it did it also. I just went back into the config page and changed it back to 192.168.1.1

Weird.
I did a factory reset while running 20311 and 1.1 was default gateway.
I did another reset after installing 20308 and i got the same .1.1 subnet.

Have you performed a factory reset after update? 308 firmware should fix that issue.

Yes I did a factory reset orignally but perhaps I need to do over again. How does one update to 311 since its not on the website? When ever I go to the firmware page it starts downloading immediately. Goes through the download process and then returns to the main screeen with 308 in the Firmware Version. Any thoughts? And any reason why 311 is not on the website? Thanks!

Yes I did a factory reset orignally but perhaps I need to do over again. How does one update to 311 since its not on the website? When ever I go to the firmware page it starts downloading immediately. Goes through the download process and then returns to the main screeen with 308 in the Firmware Version. Any thoughts? And any reason why 311 is not on the website? Thanks!

It's a beta they released to someone. There is an unofficial link from a week or so ago that someone posted:

https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/s/1B787A80695441C382A0AABB4C77F4F4Y

Yes, should do a factory reset it seems after most firmware updates, especially different forks (ie 382 -> 384).

192.168.50.xx has been used for a little while by recent Asus routers. Check the sticker on your router, it will typically indicate that the default IP is 192.168.50.1 if it's one of the models with that new default IP.

I have a version
Current Version: 3.0.0.4.384_20308-gead790e and every 4 days do I restart the device automatically what's going on ???

the router is connected to the DASAN GPON ONT H665 modem. The problem appeared after updating the router's software. After updating, I made the factory settings.

So the major area of benefits for a PC gamer, with this router, is in it's WiFi? As a PC gamer I never game on wifi
I would say one of the strong points to this router is the WiFi.. But with that said hard wired is always best for gaming. But as a gamer this router continues to give me an issue where when I'm playing a fast pace fps game the game physically slows down for some odd reason. I have a hunch what maybe causing this but will continue to see what I can come up with.. So if your a gamer I would not really recommend this router.. At least from what I'm experiencing. You may have better luck!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!