What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So, what's the skinny on this router, from all of you that own it and use it? Is it worth the $388.99 price tag, or you can do the same with a 68U or the newer version of it, AC2900, or both at the same time in AiMesh configuration?
Yes, I have the same question.

Whether it is worth it is case to case. If you do not have a lot of devices then the tri-band is not necessary and the 68u or the 88u would be fine. I personally would not trade it for another router though. It is nice to know that the processor and hardware will be good for awhile. As far as use, if Asus fixes what I feel are minor things in the bios we should be good. Most problems have a workaround except for the QOS. Also, keep an eye out on Newegg, ebay, or Microcenter. I picked mine up at Microcenter for $300 on a sale they did.

I have a 68 and I am continually having issues with running out of nvram. I have offloaded as much as I can but eventually all of my nvram gets used up. My question is how much nvram does the GT have and does it have the same nvram issue (running out of space) as the 68 has?

Thanks

Wow, enabled Game IPS for the first time on my router after the update and so far I've seen these 3 things in 2 days:

External Attacks: Source: 162.244.80.165 Destination 98.163.120.XXX Sec. Alert: Exploit Netcore Router Back door Access

External Attacks: Source: 187.2.92.136 Destination: 98.163.120.XXX Security Alert: Exploit ASUSWRT 3.0.0.4.376_1071 Lanbackdoor Comm and Executive (CVE-2014-9583)

External Attacks: Source: 185.55.218.230 Destination: 98.163.120.XXX Security Alert: Exploit Remote Command Execution via Shell Script-2

Should I be concerned? I'm guessing obviously the router is blocking these attacks but are people trying to get in?

So, what's the skinny on this router, from all of you that own it and use it? Is it worth the $388.99 price tag, or you can do the same with a 68U or the newer version of it, AC2900, or both at the same time in AiMesh configuration?
It depends on what your needs are/how you are using it.

Wow, enabled Game IPS for the first time on my router after the update and so far I've seen these 3 things in 2 days:

External Attacks: Source: 162.244.80.165 Destination 98.163.120.XXX Sec. Alert: Exploit Netcore Router Back door Access

External Attacks: Source: 187.2.92.136 Destination: 98.163.120.XXX Security Alert: Exploit ASUSWRT 3.0.0.4.376_1071 Lanbackdoor Comm and Executive (CVE-2014-9583)

External Attacks: Source: 185.55.218.230 Destination: 98.163.120.XXX Security Alert: Exploit Remote Command Execution via Shell Script-2

Should I be concerned? I'm guessing obviously the router is blocking these attacks but are people trying to get in?

Not beyond having your stuff up to date and decent security configured. It's not a question of "if" you'll get attacked; we are all always under constant attack.

Anyone else unable to keep a stable client list in the network map? All my connected devices repeatedly appear then disappear over and over again. Some show up some don’t. They are not losing connectivity as all devices continue to work. It’s just annoying because anytime I look at the network map to confirm connections I can’t get a clear visual picture.

Anyone else unable to keep a stable client list in the network map? All my connected devices repeatedly appear then disappear over and over again. Some show up some don’t. They are not losing connectivity as all devices continue to work. It’s just annoying because anytime I look at the network map to confirm connections I can’t get a clear visual picture.

This is a problem I have seen on Asus routers forever. Maybe @RMerlin or someone can comment on why that is. Saw the same thing on the new 86U I had and the GT-AC5300 I swapped it with.

It seems to work for about the first 20 minutes and then nonsensical afterward and then just stops updating. It seems such a rudimentary feature to remain non-functional.

I have a 68 and I am continually having issues with running out of nvram. I have offloaded as much as I can but eventually all of my nvram gets used up. My question is how much nvram does the GT have and does it have the same nvram issue (running out of space) as the 68 has?

Thanks
My gt never runs out

No. Mine does this but i see it as a refresh of the clients. Usally if one drops off it was a low signal client that fell below the threshhold.

Mine is running 20308 and there are no more 0800 errors. While bonding keeps working with a Synology NAS.
I got from Asus 20311 and run it for a couple of days. Until I notice that my node, a RT-AC68U was doing only 20MHz spacing. Asus got the entire troubleshooting process, short version is I had to install 20308 that was just published to solve the problem.

Is there a way to confirm that 802.3ad is working properly? I have it enabled on the router and my Asustor NAS, just not sure how to test it.

2 laptops/pc downloading at the same time from storage.
Everything must be wired. Highly unlikely to exceed 1G over wireless. And nas has to be powerful enough to exceed 1G.
Usually write speed for NAS is smaller than read, so it's important to download from NAS.
And use some really large files!

If you exceed 1G, even just for a short while...there it is.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!