What's new

[ROG RAPTURE GT-AX11000] Experiences & Discussion

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Fellow AX11000 owners, anyone understand or provide additional possible reasonings why ASUS is not providing further firmware updates on this Flagship model?

There is absolutely no reason to reach that conclusion. Lack of recent update is probably just because they are focusing on the new 386_xxxxx firmware at the moment. Releases have also slowed down for other models in the past few months, so nothing to be worried about.

I'd also hazard a guess that the flagship models get slower releases as they try not to release untested versions for their flagship devices. (Not that the firmwares that do get released are perfect...)

@RMerlin
Any chances of getting a new modern looking UI any soon? Current Asus routers UI is feeling dated from 7-8 years ago. The icons look blurry on 4K screens due to being upscaled.

@RMerlin
Any chances of getting a new modern looking UI any soon? Current Asus routers UI is feeling dated from 7-8 years ago. The icons look blurry on 4K screens due to being upscaled.

Why ask Merlin , it is not something he can change. You should be asking ASUS direct.

@RMerlin

ROG models already have a different UI that was designed when the first ROG model was launched a few years ago.

4K support is probably way down the list of priorities. There are probably more users moving to smaller screens (using mobile devices). So if anything, implementing a responsive design to better support small screens would make more sense. Which Asus already did with the Quick Internet Setup, which was redesigned with a responsive design in the last two years or so.

I'd also hazard a guess that the flagship models get slower releases as they try not to release untested versions for their flagship devices. (Not that the firmwares that do get released are perfect...)

Also keep in mind that the Broadcom Wifi 6 models are currently in the process of migrating to a newer SDK. They are currently doing so with the RT-AX88U, which seemed to expose a couple of issues. It would only make sense for Asus to resolve those reported issues rather than also rush the GT-AX11000 to use the same SDK.

Are there any settings for mobile gaming? Or would this be irrelevant issue

I do play a lot of MCOC and trying see if I should be setting something up besides default values

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so in summary, for folks with older units (I have one RT-AC5300 and two AC68U in a weirdly shaped 4000 sq ft home), would you jump to the AX11000 (Amazon has for $339)?
Or hold off for now?
I have gigabit AT&T Fiber (450-500Mbps up/down wireless downstairs and 200-300Mbps far away; I can get close to 950Mbps plugged into it).
The satellites (I do NOT use AiMesh) get about 250-350Mpbs. Not sure I'll see much more with the AX... yet (since only one out of 55 devices - iPhone 11 - supports WiFi 6).

I'd say no not at this point unless you are meshing other AX routers to give you decent bandwidth on nodes.

Anyone get ax11000 and ax6000 (ax92) to use the 160mhz on the 5ghz-2 when using the aimesh? The wireless log is showing only 80mhz connection.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8704X using Tapatalk

Anyone get ax11000 and ax6000 (ax92) to use the 160mhz on the 5ghz-2 when using the aimesh? The wireless log is showing only 80mhz connection.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8704X using Tapatalk

Let me check mine, the hand off on my iPhone is terrible in mash mode.

Let me check mine, the hand off on my iPhone is terrible in mash mode.

I have the AX11000 and the AC 68U, agree handoff is not great

I’m not sure if I have to adjust settings. Would appreciate if someone can share there settings that has the same setup

@XFalconX I would like help with this as well but I guess it depends on your home set up etc.

Thanks Livefeed

My setup is Xfinity gig speed , modem is Aris Surf board 8200 connected to AX11000 via cat 5e. Then have another cat 5e going from AX11000 to gigabit switch (basement) and from switch cat5e to AC 68u

Both routers at opposite ends of house about 70 feet apart , same floor

I'm considering "pulling the trigger" on the Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 router. I'd be replacing the Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR-500. What's ironic is, I replaced the Asus RT-AC5300 with Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR-500. Knowing what I know now, I probably should've kept the Asus RT-AC5300. :oops:

For those of you concerned about lack of movement on new firmware I found a second Beta yesterday so both GT-AX11000_9.0.0.4_384_7740 and GT-AX11000_9.0.0.4_384_7964 are out there being tested. Fingers crossed we will get a final version released soon.
Any link to download for test them please? Thanks.

I'm considering "pulling the trigger" on the Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 router. I'd be replacing the Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR-500. What's ironic is, I replaced the Asus RT-AC5300 with Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR-500. Knowing what I know now, I probably should've kept the Asus RT-AC5300. :oops:

I had an XR500, was brilliant when it didn't just randomly crash and lock out all connections and need a factory reset once every week. (Last gamble on a netgear ever)

Usually use Ubiquiti Unifi & Amplifi gear nowadays, but the GT-AX1100 was at a price that was too good to turn down, so thought I'd give it a shot as I do like having the Trend AV built in.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!