What's new

[ROG RAPTURE GT-AX11000] Experiences & Discussion

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

By the way my tests of performance was done under 3 different times (6:00 am, 6:00pm and 12:15am) All tests were showing poor speeds however the 6:00pm time was the worst.

I'm sure you'll find a lot of information here on SNB how to set properly your router, but the Internet speed issues may be not router related at all. I use the same Rogers cable with a different provider and around 6pm every night the download speed drops in half, followed by high ping times to local servers. It's a sure sign of a network congestion. I called the ISP to ask what is happening and the honest customer service support (not Rogers, of course) agreed they have temporary network congestion in high traffic hours, but they are adding more capacity and in 2 weeks time the issue should be resolved. I got even a partial refund on my monthly bill for the inconvenience.

Remember those summer Home Internet sale offers from almost all major ISP?
More people got higher speed packages and this is the resulting effect on the network.

Currently morning time to around 5pm I have full speed, then drops to about 1/2 until around 11pm, then goes back to full speed again. The cycle repeats almost every day, at approximately the same time of the day. Not a big deal, because even 1/2 speed is high enough, but still not what we are paying for. Not much room to complain either, the speed offered from all ISPs is "up to", not guaranteed. At least my ISP is doing something about it, they say...

Last edited:
I found a good deal on this and ordered one today, hopefully it will come pretty soon. I have a couple a question though, the plan is to create 3 seperate SSID, one for the 2,4 band for the older clients at home, one 5 GHz for the non AX clients and finally one 5 GHz for the ax clients. The 4 ax clients I have is 2 note 10 and 2 PC;s with the Asus PCE AX adapter. What should I enable and disable on each of the three bands?

So ASUS hasn’t been much help. Still having the speed issues we talked about but I updated the firmware today so hopefully that will help.

Any suggestions on things I should keep on in the professional tab and what I should turn off? I have the main AX11000 downstairs and an Aimesh setup with two Rt-86us at basically 45 degree angles upstairs. They’re about 35ish feet from the main router along with the ceiling and about 50ish feet between each other on the top floor.

I would love some suggestions for setting this up in the most optimal way because this thing keeps dropping. I hope this firmware helps.

Hi,

I setup the new and shiny ROG router and to my surprise it was so smooth and everything worked like a charm, updating the bios, setting up the ssid and so on. However a few hours later some clients started to drop specially the AX ones and also the speed to the AX clients went down from 1,2 Gbits to 200;ish Mbits, a reboot later and everything was up to speed again. And the story continues, reboot solves it but the problem keeps coming back.

The setup looks like this - all channels are AX enabled

2,4 SSID – default settings

5,1 GHz – default settings, 160 Mhz disabled, control channel 40 (must have this control channel for the PCE68 to work on 5 GHz)

5,2 GHz – default settings, 160 Mhz enabled, control channel auto

I’m thinking of disabling the AX and 160 Mhz on all channels, and changing back the PC;s network card from AX to AC trying to have it as closed to default AC as possible without needing to return the router.

Or return it and setup my old workhorse RTAC68U which just plain works but struggles sometime with heavy load.

Any ideas or suggestions, I mean when it works it’s just amazingly fast and stable but only for a couple of hours and that’s not OK.

Tested some more (I am very inexperienced with routers and settings) when connected to 5.1 GHz and the control channel 40, the speed tends to hold at 1,2Gbit/s but when switching to 5,2 GHz and disabling the 160 MHz and Control channel to auto it drops sown to below 200 Mbit/s and disconnects. The control channels are from 100 to 146 I Believe and most of them drops down the speed and keeps the connections unstable. Is there a way to have lower control channel on the second 5,2 GHz band, like maybe 80 or 44 or 40, any channel below 100?

160MHz will need all channels 36-64 or 100-128 for upper band, therefore probably not possible.

no but they made a fixed rule that one uses somewhat in lower band and the other in upper band. If you cant use upper channels in your area - bad luck.

I can use the upper channels in the second 5GHz but the performance is very poor so that is a bummer. Dont know if I'm returning it or play the waiting game and hope it will get better?

I can use the upper channels in the second 5GHz but the performance is very poor so that is a bummer. Dont know if I'm returning it or play the waiting game and hope it will get better?
It won't get any better and ASUS is treating it like ancient hardware with very slow firmware updates despite it being a flagship product.

Thats a pity. As it is now, the first 5 GHz band with 160 MHz enabled and control channel 40 is lighting fast. The second 5 GHz I must put a manual control channel otherwise its very unstable on auto channel and disconects. Its a pity that it is so slow on the second 5 GHz band with 160 MHz and control channel 108.

Last edited:
Thats a pity. As it is now, the first 5 GHz band with 160 MHz enabled and control channel 40 is lighting fast. The second 5 GHz I must put a manual control channel otherwise its very unstable on auto channel and disconects. Its a pity that it is so slow on the second 5 GHz band with 160 MHz and control channel 108.

I would try 80 mHz for both bands, keep a fixed channels for each 5GHz band (would try 48 for the first one and 153 or 161 for the second one). Let the router stabilize for 5 minutes or so and then test your speeds again. Channel 36 works well for me on the 160MHz but I don't have a second 5GHz band in my AX88U.

Can you share your settings from the professional tab with me? It sounds like you’re dealing with the disconnect issues like I am. Do you have things like Beamforming turned on?I’d love to try some of your settings to see if it helps out with my issues.

I just set mine to Smart Connect and never had a single issue.

I got too tired, i am returing it while i still have a chance doing so. I ordered the ax 88u and hopefully it will get better.

We hadn't had a firmware update since almost 3 months. I think ASUS forgot about its flagship router.

We hadn't had a firmware update since almost 3 months. I think ASUS forgot about its flagship router.

They are currently trying to debug the new Broadcom SDK that was used for the RT-AX88U, and which is shared with the GT-AX11000. Would have been pointless of them to give you a GT-AX11000 firmware using an SDK that is known to have issues, so it makes sense that they haven't released a new firmware for that model yet.

They are currently trying to debug the new Broadcom SDK that was used for the RT-AX88U, and which is shared with the GT-AX11000. Would have been pointless of them to give you a GT-AX11000 firmware using an SDK that is known to have issues, so it makes sense that they haven't released a new firmware for that model yet.
Right, thanks a lot for the clarification. Cheers

I really just wish they would update their AiMesh to allow the 2nd 5ghz band to be available when users are using an ethernet backhaul. I am looking to swap to the new Amplifi Alien that was just released here soon if things don't change. Kinda crazy that they dedicate that band even with the ethernet backhaul being enabled.

I really just wish they would update their AiMesh to allow the 2nd 5ghz band to be available when users are using an ethernet backhaul. I am looking to swap to the new Amplifi Alien that was just released here soon if things don't change. Kinda crazy that they dedicate that band even with the ethernet backhaul being enabled.
I can access the 2nd 5GHz using AiMesh without the ethernet backhaul, was a bit surprised but it's still there after activating it. This is with a GT-AX11000 and a RT-AX92U.

There is a beta version of the GT-AX11000 firmware knocking around, I have a copy but have no release notes so haven't flashed it. Version 384_7740.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!