What's new

[ROG RAPTURE GT-AX11000] Experiences & Discussion

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

They are currently trying to debug the new Broadcom SDK that was used for the RT-AX88U, and which is shared with the GT-AX11000. Would have been pointless of them to give you a GT-AX11000 firmware using an SDK that is known to have issues, so it makes sense that they haven't released a new firmware for that model yet.

if it has issues with the GT- AX 11000 and they used it in the RT 88ax then why did they put it out then for the RT 88ax then

I can access the 2nd 5GHz using AiMesh without the ethernet backhaul, was a bit surprised but it's still there after activating it. This is with a GT-AX11000 and a RT-AX92U.

There is a beta version of the GT-AX11000 firmware knocking around, I have a copy but have no release notes so haven't flashed it. Version 384_7740.

I don't. When in AiMesh it limits me to 2 bands both online config and within the Asus App when it comes to AiMesh and steering them from 2.4 and 5ghz. I can manually connect to the 3rd band on a device because it's labeled something a bit different, but that 3rd band is not available when steering devices on three bands like it normally does while in the default router mode. I am using the AX11000 and the AC5300. If they fix this I might pick up the new AX6600 when it comes out to replace my AC5300. (I hope I am explaining this right lol). I've recently swapped my AC5300 to AP mode and now I have all three bands available, but some devices hang on the router when walking from one side of the house to the other. I have a 4700sqft place thats awkwardly laid out and apparently very thick/insulated walls lol.

Had my GT-AX1100 a few days now, just wondering if this is right for the UK?
5ghz 1 - sits at 160mhz happily
5ghz 2 - even forced to 160mhz, will only push 80mhz.

I'd assume I could put both into 160?

Also, if I select a channel (even one that works fine when auto is used..) on 5ghz 2, it stops broadcasting at all, have to set it to auto for it broadcast again. Anyone else experience this?

Band 2 is probably not wide enough to accommodate 160 MHz of continuous spectrum. Band 1 needs access to the DFS channel to achieve it.

That's what got me wondering though.

In the UK/Europe, there are 2 160mhz bands available. Channel 36-64 followed by 100-128.

Using a unifi AP as an alternative for testing, both those bands are available on 160mhz.

So going from that, was just wondering if anyone elsewhere in the world has achieved those widths as that's practically the entire purpose of this model router.

That's what got me wondering though.

In the UK/Europe, there are 2 160mhz bands available. Channel 36-64 followed by 100-128.

Using a unifi AP as an alternative for testing, both those bands are available on 160mhz.

So going from that, was just wondering if anyone elsewhere in the world has achieved those widths as that's practically the entire purpose of this model router.

I can't check because I don't own one, but I suspect the first 5 GHz radio covers band UNII-1 and UNII-2, and the second radio only covers U-NII-3 (149 to 165, which only has enough room for 80 MHz).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels#5.0_GHz_(802.11j)_WLAN

No probs :)

The 2nd one looks to be on UNII-2.

Don't get wrong, it's very much a 1st world problem but just surprised it doesn't support the rates that gui offers.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    70.5 KB · Views: 270
No probs :)

The 2nd one looks to be on UNII-2.

Don't get wrong, it's very much a 1st world problem but just surprised it doesn't support the rates that gui offers.

Check what channels it offers if you set them manually, you'll see exactly which bands are supported by each radios.

I remember in the early days of tri-band routers (like the RT-AC3200) these were kinda limited in EU, as they lacked UNII-3 support.

upload_2019-12-12_21-21-39.png

I've noticed that there's a small thread on the asus ROG forum about it, so hopefully they'll look into it. :)

If we donate enough so that you can buy one would you consider supporting the GT-AX11000?? ;)

No. The ROG models require too much dedicated efforts to support, and I don't have the spare time to add this to my existing workload, sorry.

I personally don't mind that the ROG line isn't supported, sure it misses some of the nice features that you add in (Static IP allocation and editing said entries comes to mind as the big one for me) as I've noticed that they tend to impliment the vast majority of your fixes over time into the official releases anyway. :)

btw stupid question is the Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 or Asus RT-AX88U AX6000 better ?

If you require any of the enhancements or stability/error improvements that RMerlin offers, the RT-AX88U is miles ahead. ;)

different implementation, long time 120-128 haven't been supported on many Asus routers at all.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!