What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 finally announced

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLostSwede

Very Senior Member
Asus has finally gotten around to announcing the GT-AX6000.
It's Broadcom based and does of course have two 2.5Gbps ports.
$400 on Newegg.

UB7lpFZLHL7pJRvQ.jpg

Last edited:
It was announced a few weeks ago, alongside the new Zenwifi Pro (based on the same CPU as the GT-AX6000):

It was announced a few weeks ago, alongside the new Zenwifi Pro (based on the same CPU as the GT-AX6000):

Press release only went up today. Any idea what the SoC is?

Press release only went up today.
Yeah, which is odd, as the product page has been up for almost a month now. I think it was first mentionned back in September, when they announced the Zenwifi Pro XT12 and ET12. Might have been just their ROG team jumping the gun at the time, with the formal announcement only happening today.

Or, it could have been a soft launch in China at the time. Asus has done these kind of limited soft launches in the past.

Yeah, which is odd, as the product page has been up for almost a month now. I think it was first mentionned back in September, when they announced the Zenwifi Pro XT12 and ET12. Might have been just their ROG team jumping the gun at the time, with the formal announcement only happening today.

Or, it could have been a soft launch in China at the time. Asus has done these kind of limited soft launches in the past.
I completely missed that.

Very possible, Asus seem to be doing more and more regional products these days, which is somewhat odd.
Off topic, but they just launched this in the US...

So just a souped up version of what they already have then. That's disappointing, I was hoping for something a bit more potent.
There are more improvements to it than just the core clock. Without going into details (as I don't see any public datasheet from BCM), they also improved various things like the built in switch.

With a 1gbps up/down ISP, I've been looking at the ax89x for it's dual 10G ports for my LAN devices, a server and main desktop.

Only problem is the ax89x is too big for the allocated space in my house

Ah... Was soooo excited to see this with dual multi-gig ports (2.5G *2) until i read the official specs that it'll be:
2.5G LAN
2.5G WAN/LAN
1G LAN (*4 ports)

:(

Why Asus? Why?

Why do you need 10Gbps ports on the router? Get a 10Gbps switch and plug your LAN devices there. Your Gigabit ISP can be handled with less expensive router and you don't have to wait for a new model.

Why do you need 10Gbps ports on the router? Get a 10Gbps switch and plug your LAN devices there. Your Gigabit ISP can be handled with less expensive router and you don't have to wait for a new model.
Haha! Just prefer to have AIOs as much as possible. Further, I'm anal in term of reducing wastages/ROIs.

Getting a switch would mean some unused ports on my router and the switch.

Only need 1 WAN port, 1 LAN port (Ethernet backhaul), 2 multi-gig LAN ports (10Gbe preferred, for my desktop and server) and 1 LAN port for standby.

Guess I'll just wait further and see how this pans out. Hopefully Asus would allow the 1G LAN ports to be used as WAN too.

Last edited:
Haha! Just prefer to have AIOs as much as possible. Further, I'm anal in term of reducing wastages/ROIs.

Getting a switch would mean some unused ports on my router and the switch.

Only need 1 WAN port, 1 LAN port (Ethernet backhaul), 2 multi-gig LAN ports (10Gbe preferred, for my desktop and server) and 1 LAN port for standby.

Guess I'll just wait further and see how this pans out. Hopefully Asus would allow the 1G LAN ports to be used as WAN too.
Or you know, you could get one of these and get a router with fewer Ethernet ports...

Or you know, you could get one of these and get a router with fewer Ethernet ports...
Oh.... My.... Goat....

I think i just fell in love with you. Hahaha!

Thanks man! Ordering the Qnap switch now!

So when Asuswrt-Merlin for GT-AX6000 support is expected, the day after tomorrow perhaps? :rolleyes:

So when Asuswrt-Merlin for GT-AX6000 support is expected, the day after tomorrow perhaps? :rolleyes:
You'll have to ask Merlin about that. I presume you didn't read his year in review update?
He mentioned that he's working on a couple of new additions and that he's made his firmware work with one ROG model so far and that the owners of that model didn't mind losing their ROG UI.
I guess it comes down how popular the device is as well.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!