What's new

[Root Cause Found] RT-AX88U Can't get link speed over 866.7Mbps with AX210 or AC-9260 WIFI in laptops (160MHz)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

For data point, do you have channels 100-128 for 160MHz, or just 36-64?
I have both available. See the attachments.
I originally hard coded the control channel to 36 but the router took over and changed that setting to AUTO and set the control channel to 48.
The second attachment is to correctly format the last three lines of the first attachment.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-26 014409.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-26 014409.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 181
  • Screenshot 2022-01-26 014731.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-26 014731.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 171
I have both available. See the attachments.
I originally hard coded the control channel to 36 but the router took over and changed that setting to AUTO and set the control channel to 48.
The second attachment is to correctly format the last three lines of the first attachment.
Oh, thanks for the data point! So Australia is similar to Canada. The log shows that you're missing 120-128 so 160MHz on 100-128 will be unavailable.

Oh, thanks for the data point! So Australia is similar to Canada. The log shows that you're missing 120-128 so 160MHz on 100-128 will be unavailable.
I missed that missing 120-128. It was very late at night (2:00am) when I made that post.

As I indicated in post #77 I have a selection for a country on the Wireless / Professional page. Australia is not one of those selections. See the attached image.
I tried some of the selections other than the default and I now have channels 120 to 128. I bought my router from Amazon Australia and it came with Australian electrical equipment.
Am I being naughty by using location settings other than the default? I live about 50km (30 miles?) from the nearest airport.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-27 073755.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-27 073755.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 154
As I indicated in post #77 I have a selection for a country on the Wireless / Professional page. Australia is not one of those selections. See the attached image.
I tried some of the selections other than the default and I now have channels 120 to 128. I bought my router from Amazon Australia and it came with Australian electrical equipment.
Am I being naughty by using location settings other than the default? I live about 50km (30 miles?) from the nearest airport.
As far as I can see from this document Australian spectrum rules are the same as the Europe (power and channels). So unless I've missed it channels 120 -128 and 149 - 165 are not allowed

As far as I can see from this document Australian spectrum rules are the same as the Europe (power and channels). So unless I've missed it channels 120 -128 and 149 - 165 are not allowed
Thanks for that info Colin. I read the document and I'm not any more wise now than before I read it. However, I'll switch my router back to the default setting.

Thanks for that info Colin. I read the document and I'm not any more wise now than before I read it. However, I'll switch my router back to the default setting.
Look for 63.(a) and 63.(b)
5470-5600 refers to channels 96-116
5650-5725 refers to 132-144

I held off updating this thread until I had the actual replacement at my home before providing a final outcome to my trek here. After tons of back and forth with support and finally the CEO interface to report feedback on how support did, it was determined they could not resolve my issue and didn't have a resolution for it. They are dead set in stating that they can not/ will not offer any kind of one time firmware updater to convert from region to region.

In the end it came down to doing a router exchange. They offered up a RT-AX89X as a replacement because they could not locate another RT-AX88U, but after review I turned it down since the chipset most likely wouldn't ever support a Merlin upgrade if I wanted to go that route. I figured....swing for the fences and asked if I paid the difference could I get an GT-AXE11000 as a replacement? I was told they don't do cash transactions for RMA things like this.....so it was left with.....we will ask if that is possible for an upgrade path, search again for another 88U, if not then I'd settle for the 89X.

Turns out the agreed to the GT-AXE11000 upgrade and it was delivered yesterday. I am happy with the overall results and I have an AX210 in my laptop which will support the 6E 6GHz connection.

I plan on getting this set up this weekend where I'll have time to work on it.

I have some configuration issues that I'll be asking for help setting up. I will create another thread after I post this to focus on that inquiry.

Thanks to all who contributed and overall I think the outcome was worth the wait. Hopefully it will help others who may have this issue.

Greetz to all,

Chris

Did they actually agree to the GT-AXE11000? And not to the GT-AX11000?

Either way, that is quite a successful support call on your behalf. Looking forward to your findings.

I held off updating this thread until I had the actual replacement at my home before providing a final outcome to my trek here. After tons of back and forth with support and finally the CEO interface to report feedback on how support did, it was determined they could not resolve my issue and didn't have a resolution for it. They are dead set in stating that they can not/ will not offer any kind of one time firmware updater to convert from region to region.

In the end it came down to doing a router exchange. They offered up a RT-AX89X as a replacement because they could not locate another RT-AX88U, but after review I turned it down since the chipset most likely wouldn't ever support a Merlin upgrade if I wanted to go that route. I figured....swing for the fences and asked if I paid the difference could I get an GT-AXE11000 as a replacement? I was told they don't do cash transactions for RMA things like this.....so it was left with.....we will ask if that is possible for an upgrade path, search again for another 88U, if not then I'd settle for the 89X.

Turns out the agreed to the GT-AXE11000 upgrade and it was delivered yesterday. I am happy with the overall results and I have an AX210 in my laptop which will support the 6E 6GHz connection.

I plan on getting this set up this weekend where I'll have time to work on it.

I have some configuration issues that I'll be asking for help setting up. I will create another thread after I post this to focus on that inquiry.

Thanks to all who contributed and overall I think the outcome was worth the wait. Hopefully it will help others who may have this issue.

Greetz to all,

Chris
What a great outcome. I would like to get one just to get some clear 6E channels to WiFi on. I have a desktop with an AX211 and a laptop with an AX210 and some other WiFi gadgets. However, it seems that the AXE11000 is not yet sold in Australia. I looked at buying one on Amazon US and the price is about US$550 plus another US$100 for shipping and taxes (all up ~ AU$870) and the radio channels might be wrong for OZ.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!