What's new

Route only a specific device through VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

slytho

Regular Contributor
Hello!

I set up a VPN client (NordVPN) in my Asus router. It works fine, however it affects all internet traffic when I turn it on.

But how can I configure my ASUS router to only route the traffic of one specific local device (e.g. a mobile phone with a fixed local IP address) through that VPN and send all other traffic to my regular ISP?

I'm on Merlin firmware v384.19

Hello!

I set up a VPN client (NordVPN) in my Asus router. It works fine, however it affects all internet traffic when I turn it on.

But how can I configure my ASUS router to only route the traffic of one specific local device (e.g. a mobile phone with a fixed local IP address) through that VPN and send all other traffic to my regular ISP?

I'm on Merlin firmware v384.19
Have a look in wiki: https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/wiki/Policy-based-routing

Hey @octopus - thanks for this! It just helped me setup a similar configuration. Although, I'm probably going to dump my Asus setup for a new UniFi build... but that's still in the future. Thanks again!!!