What's new

Router for DD-WRT

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

poopboypat

New Around Here
Looking for a Wireless router that has a HIGH CPU speed. I see the fastest are the Atheros chipsets @680Mhz. Mainly im looking for a high CPU router for faster Routing Table lookups. (in theory it will run faster on higher CPU speed)

But it looks like a lot of these routers are not supported 100%. Can anyone recommend me a High cpu router that is fully supported by DD-Wrt?

Been looking around and looks like the D-Link DIR-825 should do the trick. Any one see otherwise? Only issue is its a few years old and hasn't got the best reviews.

Basically I want:
-Fast CPU
-Wireless N at least 300Mbps
-Gigabit lan would be nice but I already have a switch

Have an old laptop around? Considered turning a laptop into a router with pfSense or one of the other router distros?

If the laptop has Atheros Wireless, add an PCMCIA NIC, and you are good to go.

Good use for old equipment....

I have that router... it's flawless for me... performance was actually slightly better with the Buffalo firmware, but I needed reverse nat-ing so I'm running the Buffalo DD-WRT on it now... If you look at Buffalo forums you see all sorts of posters with problems, but I'd take that with a grain of salt. I've installed 4 of them for myself and others and they've worked flawlessly.

Crap, one thing I just noticed, I would like a router that allows you to use the 5Ghz range as well. Mainly because I will be in an apartment and it will allow me to configure for less interferance.