What's new

RT-66U Aicloud doesnt respond: Times out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

polanski

New Around Here
Hi,

I just registered here for my issue with AiCloud.

I got my Asus RT-N66U and wanted to setup AiCloud. First I upgraded to the newest FW 3.0.0.4.260
After doing all the steps to configure DDNS and such I enabled all the stuff needed: Cloud Disk and Smart Access.
I registered with asuscomm.com and got a domain. Clicked the address that displayed on the screen and after 30 sec. my browsers said 'the connection has timed out' (tried different browsers, same thing)

After I signed up with the Asus DDNS I saw a message @ the WAN-DDNS screens that said:

Go to Advanced Settings > WAN to configure the port forwarding or DMZ settings to allow other WAN clients to remotely access your network.

I presume I dont have to open any ports in the router?

I searched Google for some solutions and stumbled upon some threads with HTTPS port 443 issues. Then I remembered that I have a Windows Home Server that uses HTTPS port 80, 443, 3389 & 4125 for Remote Access 'n stuff.. I thought this might be the issue, but after disabling those port in the forwarding table for that particular IP nothing changed. My address still times out.

I've also tried to register a different domain with asus ddns but that didn't fix my issue either.
I turned off my WHS and then tried to access that https address and got the same message. Turned back on and got in..
So now I'm thinking that maybe there's something wrong with the firmware cus it acts like if my icloud is off..

Anybody having same issues? Or someone maybe know a solution or things I can try ?

thx in advance !

Last edited: