What's new

RT-AC3100 with latest firmware. Nothing but bugs!! No support at all!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

when i finally get it to work, after a few minutes i get the exclamation point on the ethernet icon on my tray. when i check the error that is what i get.

ok so I updated to the latest firmware but now, after a few hours I lose wifi connectivity. I only connect via lan with no prolem. So I did a restore on it, thinking of loading Merlin firmware, any thoughts ? thxs

Using a RT-AC3100 here and its rock solid on there latest firmware. In fact i have not had problems with any firmware and this router. I did buy mine back in November of 2015 its one of the first and originals i think they have newer revisions of the 3100 now and i am glad i got the old one.

Using a RT-AC3100 here and its rock solid on there latest firmware. In fact i have not had problems with any firmware and this router. I did buy mine back in November of 2015 its one of the first and originals i think they have newer revisions of the 3100 now and i am glad i got the old one.
Hi

im thinking one when i did the firmware update i had an error on the download, secondly i might have a bad setting on my wifi?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ok so i loaded the latest firmware , 2.4 mhz doesnt work. i enable it settings and doesnt show up. 5.0 no problem. any ideas?

speaking of which, is there any reason my media bridge RT-AC3100 doesn't work like, once in a while and I have to enter its config page and reboot it? Also worth mentioning is that this AC3100 is a newer revision and my router AC3100 is 2015-era revision.

It doesn't happen too often, seems like every 2 weekish or so?

Wonder if i'm missing something here, maybe my problem is a bit too vague to explain it fully.

On Merlin 380.66_4 for both new revision media bridge and old revision router.

Apologies if I missed that you've already tried this, but have you tried Resetting to Factory Defaults?

IMO, it's the most important step to try when problems are encountered.

Thanks for your answers. I was told by ASUS about the warranty thing. Probably depends on who you talk to there.

So does the bandwidth limiter possible work in 380_3941?
hi so this is 6 versions behind? i know the latest is not working for me. thxs

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!