What's new

RT-AC3100

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Only difference between this and RT-AC88U seems to be some red color in the styling (on the antennas) and the number of LAN ports. This has 4 instead of the 8 found on the RT-AC88U.
I would prefer RT-AC3100 myself since I have no use for the extra 4 lan ports.

No official word yet as to how much RAM this model will have.

I wonder how Asus achieved 1800 Mbps of WAN-to-LAN speed, when WAN port is only 1000 Mbps.

Memory
128 MB Flash
512 MB RAM
as specified on the Homepage ?

i think they meant simultaneous WAN-LAN speeds because unless they use more ports it is likely it is going to have the usual 4 port switch with 1 port CPU connected.

WAN can only 1000mbit/s no more. so wan to lan can't be more than 1000mbit/s

Dual WAN maybe?

That could be it, yes. Load balancing mode.

A bit misleading for those ISPs users who are seeing 2 Gbps services starting to appear - they would be limited to only 1 Gbps. Oh, marketing...

Memory
128 MB Flash
512 MB RAM
as specified on the Homepage ?

That's correct. I hadn't checked the Specifications tab initially, I only did a web search on the main page.

So it seems the only difference is it lacks the extra Realtek switch. Wondering what price difference that will make.

That's correct. I hadn't checked the Specifications tab initially, I only did a web search on the main page.

So it seems the only difference is it lacks the extra Realtek switch. Wondering what price difference that will make.

I'm waiting to hear about what the interconnect is. Though I will most likely get it regardless as I could always dump the lower demand devices over to the realtek and keep high demand on the broadcom.

I'm waiting to hear about what the interconnect is. Though I will most likely get it regardless as I could always dump the lower demand devices over to the realtek and keep high demand on the broadcom.

If I had more high performance Ethernet devices I would have tested a few simultaneous clients, but I only have one laptop, one desktop and one NAS. The rest is the ATA, BD player, Yamaha receiver, and my wifi devices.

I doubt Asus will talk much about the actual block diagram of the device, so most likely someone will have to do his own tests.

If I had more high performance Ethernet devices I would have tested a few simultaneous clients, but I only have one laptop, one desktop and one NAS. The rest is the ATA, BD player, Yamaha receiver, and my wifi devices.

I doubt Asus will talk much about the actual block diagram of the device, so most likely someone will have to do his own tests.

I figured it might have been something that was out of the realm for discussion until the device releases. I have no problems with waiting.

Just saw this at Best Buy - Upstate NY!

Attachments

• rt-ac3100.jpg
    rt-ac3100.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,058

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!