What's new

RT-AC3200 - 380.66_2 Wireless Issue (Resolved, see post #8 & 24)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

For what it is worth, I had absolutely no problems once I rolled back to 380.65_4. Find a time where you can leave it powered down for about 5 minutes. I did that when reverting, but I have no idea if it really made any difference.

One would think that the 5G radios died, but they work perfectly fine on PC and iOS devices which is really weird.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

You may have already done this, but try removing the network connection from each device and make a new one.

If going back and doing a factory default reset doesn't resolve your issue, then chances are it's not related to the firmware.

My WiFi was totally unusable after 380.66_2 update until I strung together the steps in post #8, all previous attempts (see post #1) to resolve including gui reset, reset button reset, WPS/Power reset and rescue mode firmware downgrade were unsuccessful.

If I were to speculate I'd say that factory reset wasn't completing properly as the main thing I did differently in Post #8 vs. Post #1 was nvram erase / reboot, which can be completed via SSH or telnet.

After Post #8 steps my WiFi has been back to normal on 380.66_2, completely stable using Smart Connect and separate SSID.

Last edited: