What's new

RT-AC3200 Which antenna for which radio?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Matt Martin

New Around Here
Hi everyone. This is my first post. I have the router mentioned in the title. I was wondering if the three radios on this router each get two specific antennas or if all three radios each use all 6 antennas? The reason I am asking is because I want to push one of the 5GHz SSIDs to another end of a building to a Netgear Nighthawk EX7000 range extender and the concrete walls are causing weak signal. So the plan is to get two antenna extension wires and mount two antennas from each on the outside of the doors to each room with the extension wires simply running thru the door mail slots so they have direct line of sight to each other down the long hallway.

get two antenna extension wires and mount two antennas from each on the outside of the doors to each room with the extension wires simply running thru the door mail slots so they have direct line of sight to each other down the long hallway.
In addition to sfx2000's reply you would likely lose more signal strength through several meters of coaxial cable than you would gain by the relocation.