What's new

RT-AC5300 FW 3.0.0.4.81827

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AnClar

Regular Contributor
A f/w search on the ASUS website for the RT-AC5300 shows v 3.0.0.4.384.81827 as current, dated 04/22/20. The d/l link, however, gives a 404 not found error, and checking auto update on the router shows that 3.0.0.4.384.81792 from 04/15/20 is current. I'm guessing either a mistake on ASUS side, or the f/w is not up yet. I also see comments that they appear to have pulled 3.0.0.4.384.81792 for the RT-86U. Guess everything is a bit weird in the world these days. Anyone able to d/l 81827 for the RT-AC5300?

Last edited:
i was starting to think i was hallucinating. good that somebody else saw it. looks like they pulled it.

It's back up...as 3.0.0.4.384.81844...I installed it, but the main feature in the update, the ability to export a valid Root Certificate for HTTPS access is broken. I've got an open support ticket with ASUS going, but so far, I've followed the directions in the FAQ from the release notes, set access to HTTPS Only, and BOTH, applied each time, and reset each time. The option to export the cert never shows up. Thus far ASUS support chat has been useless. I'm going to try again and try to elevate the request. We'll see.

UPDATE: I got the cert exported and installed. The process is NOTHING like it is detailed in the first part of the FAQ. I'll go back over the steps and update again. Bottom line, if you look at the illustration in the FAQ, it shows an "Export" button in the LAN Access options of the Admin tab. No such button exists on the RT-AC5300...at least not on mine. I stumbled on to the export option kind of by accident when I got to the sign in using DDNS sections.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!